Buy and sell a few raid items ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yimin, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axxius Augur

Farmers/sellers aren't looking for specific items. All that matters to them is that their box crews can 'mine' Kronos by grinding an easy camp 24/7 and occasionally dropping those ultra rares.

Good. Behind the facade of 'I love to see my casual friends getting those raid items' there is always a much simpler mercantile interest.

The main problem with those ultra rares was them being attunable. No-trade items could indeed serve the purpose that you have in mind. But anything that can be sold will be abused.
  2. Axxius Augur

Oh please. Let me rephrase that with an equivalent statement: you are about making a few raid items you can sell.

And, of course, once there are 'a few' such items, the next step will be: 'why only a few? make them all sellable'.
    Sancus likes this.
  3. Daedly Augur

Out of curiosity, is the chance for those rares to drop straight forward as a percentage or are there other considerations?

Like an imposed limit in a set period of time across a server or any other limited?

I ask because I see folks complaining about bot farmers, which I get shouldn't be happening, and I am curious if they would somehow have an impact on others seeing the items drop.
  4. segap Augur

Honestly, the game needs more dropable items in group content other than tradeskill mats. It would also suck to get random luck on a rare dropping just to have it be something you can't use. Being able to trade it for something you can makes it more fun.

I agree that we should not have rare drops that are current expansion raid. Previous is a nice compromise. The bot groups are a problem I wish DBG would do more to get under control. But I don't want to see them take away nice things, and thus punish those of us that are not botting, as a means to address bots.
    Yimin likes this.
  5. Yimin Augur

Bot farming happened way be for rare loots dropped in EQ , rare loots have given EQ a boost in the economy ....

YiMin
  6. Daedly Augur

Huh? I am confused. I asked a question to see if there were any extra mechanics behind the drop rate of the rares. I am not concerned with the EQ economy or how bot farmers influence them....
  7. Daedly Augur

What if the drops went to something similar to a currency/quest? In that something drops that you can trade/sell to an NPC for an item of that characters choice. Then the initial drop could be made no-trade.
  8. Yimin Augur

You said " I ask because I see folks complaining about bot farmers, which I get shouldn't be happening, and I am curious if they would somehow have an impact on others seeing the items drop."

And since this is about rare loots and raid loots what other bot farmers could you be talking about ? Bot farming has been around since EQ started ....

YiMin
  9. Daedly Augur

Maybe I am coming across wrong?
    I don't like bot farmers, but I don't care all that much either. I wouldn't report anyone if I seen it happening as long as they are not interfering with what I am doing in the game.
    I am curious however, if the people who bot farm somehow reduce the chances of others getting those drops. Not that I have seen evidence of such, but wanted to ask as it is a simple yes or no question.
  10. kizant Augur

Chase loot should be better than current raid gear imo. It would give people some incentive to login outside raid time.
  11. Yimin Augur

This is what a developer of EQ said about rares in EQ , now he did not mention bot farming reducing that number ...

Yimin
  12. EnchFWO Augur

I think for the vast majority of raiders it would still have to be *substantially* better to provide that motivation aka I don't see that happening. Who knows!
  13. Daedly Augur

I know he didn't, I asked him the question. We have now come full circle. Mufasa
  14. Yimin Augur

If he did not say it then it don't reduce that chance does it !

Yimin
  15. EnchFWO Augur

Someone NOT saying something is just as much of an argument that it DOES do whatever the question was and they just didn't want to answer.
  16. Cicelee Augur

I miss the advice and strategies from the greatest magician to ever play the game...
  17. Aurastrider Augur

The argument about effort or time is just silly. Its far easier to obtain a full set of raid gear via raiding than it is trying to obtain chase loot unless you have very deep RL pockets to just outright buy things from other players but in reality this could be accomplished with real raid gear if you know the right people. As far as some raiders being upset that chase loot is even in game you need to remember that us filthy group players also pay for your raid content that we don't even get to do and yes some of us due to our playing time and RL situations cant realistically raid so its not as "simple" as just raiding or those of us who do put in our EQ time and want something better than raid gear would simply be raiding for it.

Maybe a better solution is a rare merchant and instead of random chase loot items dropping a no trade token drops instead that you can exchange for an item from said merchant. This token would be just as rare as the actual chase loot itself. This would cut down on bot farmers that some people dislike since the items would be no trade but it would also allow people to obtain items they actually want or need if they are lucky enough to get one. Personally I would still like the item to be tradable because these items in the end help the games bottom line and profits which contributes to keeping this game around.

Throwing a group geared player a bone here and there by no means diminishes a raiders accomplishments. Raiders already get more bang for their buck than the group players in terms of extra content so until raids become a special add on that requires extra money to play its not unreasonable for group players to ask for something outside of the standard gear. In the end most of these items are not going to be game breaking and the stat increases from a singular item wont exactly take someone from average joe to king of the hill.
  18. Aurastrider Augur

I think the logic behind this is rather simple or at least for me it is. For one thing the odds of chase loot are crazy low while the odds of beating a raid with a well formed raid are fairly good and the rewards from beating said raid are magnified significantly even if its 54 people rolling on the items vs 6 rolling on one item because you still get currency to buy from the vendor. From a financial standpoint the company has more to gain in terms of krono sales by limiting supply while keeping demand high or at least I imagine some bean counter sees it this way.

Either way raiders actually stand more to gain than the average group player from chase loot for the simple fact that you don't actually need the chase loot item if one should fall upon you. Even if its an upgrade for now once you get the actual raid item you can unattune the item and sell it making a nice profit. For the group player they simply have to decide if the financial gains are more important than the stat gains. This is not as bad for raiders as some raiders think it is because at the end of the day you still get your raid gear and huge profits at the same time assuming you are lucky enough to get an item.
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

pure chance. An 18 in 10000 chance (Or was it 8 in 10000? I've posted it before, and not gonna look it up right now... it's very rare!). And then a HUGE table.
    So yeah. People that farm for "anything," they only have to deal with that 18(or 8) in 10000. Looking for a particular item... go raid.
    Elyssanda, DaciksBB, Yimin and 3 others like this.
  20. EnchFWO Augur

:D

I feel this ranks up there in the top 10 dev responses in a public thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.