trade skill question

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by tradeskiller, May 16, 2018.

1. tradeskiller New Member

hello ive had a few issues trying to make Ambleshift's Amazing Automated Amalgamator i have 290 base skill with a mod trophy that gets 305 it says you can not combine the items in a Deluxe Toolbox im trying to do the subcomines i get this message

Ambleshift's Display Panel i dont understand why i do not understand why i can not make this i have all my other tradeskill 300 plus rank 8 in aa cause im only level 85 ive donr the merchant alliance quest i dod the first two questsfrom bellfast in cc thinking maybe it was cause i didnt do all the bellfast i also had a issue like this in poisen making i had 270 in poisen making and couldnt do a combine on toxic blue or arx mantis formals and feed back would be great on why its not letting me combine the items im using the correct boxes or mixing bowls/ pestals
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok I am not clear on what part you cannot make. The end product or the subcombines? Cause you say the end product wont combine in a deluxe toolbox but then you say " I'm trying to do the subcombines" and "its not letting you combine the item in the correct boxes".

Your final combine on this will have 10 items so the deluxe tool box will be full.

So please just state which item you cannot combine?
  3. tradeskiller New Member

the sub
    thank you for responding the subcombines it wont let me combine the stuff i already made though
    inkering Components: Ambleshift's Display Panel Front Plate, Blue Indicator, Clear Indicator, Clockwork Gnome Bolts, Clockwork Pinion Gear, Glowgem, Green Indicator, Poxysmit's Gearbox Casing, Red Indicator, Tiny Clockwork Shaft
    In: Deluxe Toolbox it wont let me combine this part tho and i know i have 290 base skill do i need to be maxed 300 tinkering to do this combine 300 without the trophy?
    Yield: 1
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I know you can't check right now but its hard to tell from a cut/copy if your using the right ingredients.

When the game is back up double check your items you are using since that error message indicates one or more of the items is not the right one to make the product your trying to make. Not necessarily that your using the wrong container.

This happens to me often and I found that if I use the "find item" key under my inventory and search for the exact name of the item that is needed I am less likely to try making it with an item that looks the same but is not quite right - for example an unfired item as opposed to fired or a regular jewel as opposed to an imbued one. Many of those look alike and you may have grabbed the wrong one.
  5. Goofydoofy Journeyman

You do not have to have a 300 skill to attempt the combines. In fact, the final combine is under 300. Odd are, you are using the wrong container or have a wrong item. Double check the recipe on ZAM and EQTraders. I've made a lot of these back in the day so I know they work. Assuming something didn't get bugged since then.
  6. tradeskiller New Member

im posative im use the correct contianers and i used the rescipe from eqtraders still wont let me combine them it come up with the message i cant not combine them in this container tho but i am using this reciepe
    recipes|sources|full list
    [IMG] Ambleshift's Display Panel
    MAGIC ITEM
    WT: 25.0 Size: MEDIUM
    Class: ALL
    Race: ALL
    Item lore: A small box with lights on it
    EQ item ID: 33235

Find recipes that use this item.
    item|sources|full list
    Recipe(s):
  7. Goofydoofy Journeyman

Are you a gnome?
  8. tradeskiller New Member

yes i am a level 85 enchanter race gnome merchant allince quest complete have 325 base skill in all other trader skills except tinker is only base 290 with a mod trophy takes it too 305 did the first two bellfast quest in cc thinking it was a issues of not having the bellfast quest done so i did parts for parts quet and the more parts for parts quest i am using the correct mats and boxes now im think i need a 300 base skill to combine this but other have said no

recipes|sources|full list
    [IMG] Ambleshift's Display Panel
    MAGIC ITEM
    WT: 25.0 Size: MEDIUM
    Class: ALL
    Race: ALL
    Item lore: A small box with lights on it
    EQ item ID: 33235

Find recipes that use this item.
    item|sources|full list
    Recipe(s):
  9. Zhaunil_AB Augur

You say "it won't let you combine in that container".
    That is a rather to-the-point message and different from "you lack skill required".
    Another possible message people often get is "the combine seems to be correct, but you are lacking something blabla"...
    Perhaps rather than posting the recipe you're using over and over, you should've posted the message you got from the system from your logs instead.
    SOME recipes are container-restricted, e.g. they use a planar (Tanaan) something or the other instead of the usual ones.
    The message you get is rather straight-forward and (a possible bug notwithstanding) pointing to the cause of your problem.

Really, look through your logs and post the failure message you get.
    Then you might realize or be pointed to that what you state above (using the right recipe(ingredients in the right container but recipe not level-restricted and still not combining) might not be the entire "truth".
    tradeskiller likes this.
  10. Goofydoofy Journeyman

These can be combined in a regular 10 slot toolbox. That's a fact. It is always possible the recipe got bugged. In the past I've had this same exact problem. And after a patch, ta da! It works. No idea, however, if this is your problem. If you have all the right parts and you are a gnome using a 10 slot toolbox, it should attempt to combine. If not, and it says wrong container, it makes me think the container is bugged. If you were to get the message as previously stated that you have the right stuff but you don't know how to combine it, then you need to scribe something to learn the recipe. These items, however, require no scribing. All the items are tradeable. See if somebody else can do it. I could test it on Drinal server if you are there. I'm on during the weekends. If somebody else who has made them gets the same message, you know it's bugged and not you.
  11. tradeskiller New Member

thank you for your responce ive even try it on the tinker table pok i however am not on drinal with this toon i am a zeker toon i do however have alts on drinal my tradeskill toon on zek is bedazzaled i made this toon just for tradeskill i enjoy doing them while the pvp on the server is slow atm thank you again goofydoofy your a true helper and very kind to take your time to respond for my issue
  12. svann Augur

I once got gnome bolts confused with clockwork gnome bolts (or vice versa). Is it that possible?
  13. tradeskiller New Member

i`m not really sure how to post the logs from eq to in here but i`ll look up how too thank you for the input and advice its most likely is bugged i have also gotten messages like this on another toon but it was for poisen crafting toxic blue and arx mantis formulas a guild mate took the same mats and was able to combine them granted he was 300 skill the only differance between him and i was my skill was 278 and his was max plus max trophy i used the same containers and same mats it just came up with the same message for me can not combine this in the container it also did this for a fellow guild mate aswell im more concerded tho with the tinker combine cause i am going to use the for the last blood augs thank you again though