Trade skills ... questions /rant

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by blimey, May 16, 2018.

1. blimey New Member

Started doing trade skills and was wondering

If its not Ok to afk farm, fish and forage

Why is the stuff so rare?

Ill look in bezar and see a guy selling 10000 silk lumber ect..., but ill go to a spot and find like 5 in an hour. (nothing more enjoyable than being 110 and going to a level 60 zone for days)
    So is it cool to make 5 accounts and have them auto forage for days at a time? Or having a pet class sit in a camp and have the pet auto attack stuff as it spawns?

Or do they just look the other way because some one pays for 5 accounts and has to buy krono off other players to keep them accounts active?

Or make the trade skills so Hard/boring to get people to but the overpriced potions.

would not be so bad if you could recoup your plat from vender from the stuff you make but most of it you get like nothing back or cant sell it at all.
  2. Grove Augur

I could be wrong, but I do not think coding is available to /afk fishing.
    Afk foraging is possible. However, as I understand, it is a punishable offense.
  3. Warpeace Augur

You can on both fishing and foraging. Just need a gaming keyboard or mouse. Ill leave it at that because rules.
  4. Numzan Augur

good luck catching anyone on that.. The same applies with AFK casting... or songs. It is a skillup issue the game introduced that nobody wishes to do anymore.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

Do some people do this stuff? Yes of course they do but you are assuming the guy with a stack of 1k is doing it afk. Maybe he is and maybe he isn't. I have had well over 10k of certain mats and not from afk farming. It's called a barter. The best farmers in this game never leave the bazaar. Unless you know the guy selling that stack of 1k is doing something illegal to obtain it jumping to conclusions is ignorant. Second being 110 and knowing how to farm has no correlation just like being 110 and being skilled in your class might not be true. I am far from a class expert but I can farm with the best of them legally if I want to farm and I am only 108.
  6. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I only buy from traders selling organic, free-range, hand-farmed lumber.
  7. Goofydoofy Journeyman

It is illegal to use an outside program with Everquest. So, if you are foraging or casting using AutoFire, I think that is against the rules. As for afk killing with a pet or merc, I think recently it has been stated by Daybreak that is not allowed. If you are going to afk for a lengthy time, you should be logging off instead of killing mobs. Basically, the whole point is, the game is supposed to have your input for actions taken. What about just standing in a zone and mobs attack you and riposte kills them? You aren't actually doing anything, that is a game function. I would guess that is fair, but then it comes down to, you are afk and logged in and is happening, you get in trouble. I personally don't see why any of it matters. Some of the stuff in this game is so hard to get, it's pretty much impossible to do unless you cheat some way. Make everything easy to get and it might make more sense to give a if somebody cheats. Otherwise, let the game go as it would.