End True Box on Phinigel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Msfit, May 12, 2018.

1. Gremin Augur

Too bad your timers are off on RF/LJ...we are now on 3 months plus two weeks to vote on every expansion here on out!

Devs have stated before that on server rules such as this they do not intend nor will they change the basic rules of the server...IE no doing away with voting etc. You all wanted that server bad, you got it...deal with it. Same thing we got told when we decided to roll on LJ/RF, and then Phinny came out.
    Adrienna likes this.
  2. Roxxlyy Augur

The server was announced as a Truebox server, and has been ever since. We have no plans to retroactively change this ruleset!
    Conq, Risiko, Chatoyan and 4 others like this.
  3. Blackburrow23 Elder

Hmmm $15 x 3 = $45 but $15 x 18 = $270. I think you just made up Daybreak's mind.
  4. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Probably would be a good idea to discuss in the future to have an expansion where Truebox turns off (if at all) and have the community vote on it.
    Jaera and Machentoo like this.
  5. Msfit New Member

My understanding of the need for a truebox sever was to thwart macaroni botters who were ruining tlp gameplay in the early expansions, and also to provide a more classic feel in regards to grouping. Neither of these issues matter much post OOW (though botters should never be allowed, ever), and now it’s just a major inconvenience to the boxers who keep Phingel afloat with multiple subscriptions. It makes no sense, it’s a huge waste of energy to run multiple machines because of a code (bad for the environment reeee,) and furthermore, it is not keeping with the classic, mid-game feel of Live EQ when nearly everyone could box with ease on one machine and the game itself became more accommodating to boxers/soloers. It’s just stupid. And no I’m not going to live or rf/lj and losing all my progress. I’d rather just cancel my 3 accounts and quit the game. No, you can’t have my stuff.
  6. Jaera Augur

Alternately, shut down or otherwise merge other servers that are relatively empty and free up resources to create a Phinigel-Cloned, Non-Truebox server that opens/transfers characters the same day an expac like TBS or SoF opens. That way people and guilds can have their own internal discussions on whether they want to stay on Truebox or not, or if they'll move to the Non-Truebox without having to lose progress or enter an environment that is too far progressed.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  7. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen someone triggered over a non change. Some time outside and away from your screen would probably be for the best.
  8. Msfit New Member

Oh screw off. I hardly play anymore because of the above reasons, I’m trying to make a strong argument because I WANT to play. If that’s the most “triggered” you’ve seen someone get over a non-change then you must not read game forums much. But we both know you’re just lying.
  9. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Okay, I didn't connect that you were the OP. As such, I understand that your request was denied and have the right to be upset.
  10. Zanarnar Augur

Thank you :) Then again I'm probably the last person who plays 1 character period... no alts, no boxes. :p
  11. Msfit New Member

Meh, I’m not upset. It’s a frivolous issue and just an inconvenience which is why I don’t see what the big deal about ending it is. I could just not box, but I main a cleric so boxing is pretty much necessary if I want to play most of the time.
  12. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I am with you brother! Although I actually would support ending Truebox around SoD, I'm personally a one character, too lazy to play alts kind of guy.
  13. Silinius Augur

You know... there were two servers before Phinny where true box was not a thing. But people complained about boxers and they complained about the perceived inability to kill content because boxers were killing it all (except they weren't).... and thus the birth of Phinny took place. Now, 2 years later, Truebox isn't all it's cracked up to be (AoC's are great but you can't do much of anything without other players on the server).

If only SOE had listened back then and just given AoC's to Ragefire and Lockjaw, maybe LJ/RF would have stronger community and Phinny/Cornaiv wouldn't even be a thing and end up begging for Truebox to be taken away in later expansions.
    Adrienna likes this.
  14. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

This is by far the best solution. Easiest for DBG and most fair for all players. Anti-box whiners get their own server, everybody else gets their own server where they aren't hassled by the crazy Jenny McCarthy-led anti-boxers.

And it would be THE experiment to see how many people (on phinny) box and how many don't.

Would the anti-boxers survive without the boxers?

We all know the boxers survive just fine without the anti-boxers :)
    Adrienna likes this.
  15. Rhodz Augur

Who is Jenny McCarthy and why is she anti-boxing...
    Hard to work up much sympathy unless the TB code has become hinky...er than normal.
  16. Numzan Augur

You dont really understand the other methods of Computer hardware/software otherwise you would not wish to run that many accounts on different computers. No reason too at all. A good computer can run many instances of EQ. The delay is minimal and all can be ported to multi monitors. Just saying research it and try it before suggesting you dont like it. When you buff it can be setup with a simple key from 1 keyboard.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

Back in my day you had to talk to other people and make friends if you wanted to farm content.
  18. Adonhiram Augur

Hey guys, if you are so eager to box, welcome to Lockjaw and Ragefire, we will be happy to see you there :cool:
  19. Machentoo Augur

Your day was the first 6 months of 1999?
    code-zero and Numzan like this.
  20. Numzan Augur

HAHAH now its a bunch of zombies behind a tower... Say hi wait 10 minutes for a response. Add discord? and everyone shutters at the thought i got to speak to someone? anti social anti social.. but what you said did make some sense.