HA scaling

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Boold Print, May 8, 2018.

1. Leigo You come here often?

still best gif on the forums atm
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Prathun Developer

Looks like there are some NPCs that are used as population in Plane of Health group HAs as well as Plane of Health raids and they use the raid relative value. This explains why the valkyries are much harder than other NPCs and it's almost certainly not intended. I'll take a look at this for the June update. Thanks for letting us know.
    Niskin and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Lianeb Augur

Not an HA but can you look into the raid level ghost of Ioulin spawning randomly in the Gorowyn group Mission?
    Dreadmore likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can you take a look at the Enraged Guardian of Sul in the Crypt of Sul HA please, Hits for 58K which seems a bit off for group content and maybe the same thing.

Thanks
  5. Dreadmore Augur

Is that what that guy is??? I thought he was the group one, but the live version, spawning as a ghost instead. Either way, so annoying. Kill the last guy and the ghosts spawn and rush you, and suddenly one of the group is summoned to him and killed within seconds. :mad:
  6. segap Augur

It's not raid level. Just a red con. There's plenty of time to be coth'd from it if you have a mage as it doesn't hit that hard. It's also trivial to kill (I did one time out of curiosity after completing the mission. After you kill it, it's ghost spawns again). It would be nice, however for them to fix the script that randomly respawns him and summons a player. Also to fix the EoE mission so that the soulfeasters don't randomly get stuck.
  7. Nekk Augur

Speaking of update, got any information on the nec dot revamp?
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

FTFY
  9. Dreadmore Augur

Hmm, whenever he spawns on me, he hits as hard and has as many HPs as the live group Ioulin. He acts the same, even splits into three images, so I assumed the group version somehow respawned again. Sucks when the one who gets summoned cannot drop agro.
  10. segap Augur

It is the group one. I was saying it's not the raid one like some people claim. So long as you're not taking hits to the back, most group characters can survive a few seconds. No different than when you spawn him at the correct part of the mission.
  11. Prathun Developer

It should be 100% impossible for the raid version of High Arcron Ioulin to spawn in the group mission since his ZCD isn't in the zone. There are multiple versions of the group mission version of High Arcron Ioulin, though: the two image versions fake / real, the non image version, and the ghost. Of them, the most dangerous one, just based on stats alone, is the non image version. To troubleshoot this further, what is it about the NPC that spawns that's so deadly, what's its name, and where does it spawn?
  12. Prathun Developer

Yep! It is the same thing. The group version of Enraged_Guardian_of_Sul is using the Broken Mirror raid relative value instead of a Heroic Adventure relative value. I'll make a note to address this for the next update. Thank you for letting us know.
    Yinla and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  13. Dreadmore Augur

Its name is also High Arcron Ioulin. It /cons red at 110, hits just as hard, and has that many hit points, but it appears as his ghost and not his living version. It spawns somewhere near where the portals originally are I think--I've never actually seen it spawn, but I only know he is up once the five ghosts rush the group. I can only assume it catches social agro from one of the dark blue-/con ghosts. At this point, it summons the unlucky winner to where the eastern portal used to be.

What makes him deadly is, as mentioned, he behaves just like the living version, but he's summoned one person away from the group and it's now 1 vs. 1 (which is a battle you can't win), while the rest of the group is handling the five ghosts. Not great if the person who gets summoned is the tank or the healer or doesn't have a way to drop agro.
  14. Imak Augur

Been a whlie since I have done the Gorowyn mission, but *something* in there is applying a 5 minute OOC raid timer. Recollection here, but I think we only saw that 5 minute timer when this superfluous red con Ioulin appeared on occasion and starts summoning across the event area. Good times.
  15. segap Augur

As the ghosts start appearing on your extended target, one ghost can flash off, then High Arcron Loulin flashes on. He immediately summons one person from the group. Never more than one though. He spawns right where the portal is where you'd normally spawn him. The clean up script that zaps corpses and any remaining drakes once the ghosts are killed does not remove him.

If I had to guess, his ghost has a pathing issue, poofs, and he spawns.
  16. Lianeb Augur

It is a red Con Ghost High Arcron Loulin, that spawns on the right side of the porch as you are looking at the building near where the portal spawns. He spawns after you kill the last High Vizier (live Version). If you stay in the upper room of the High Vizier room and wait for the ghost to path to you. The blue con ghost of Ioulin will path past it and transfer agro to it. The Blue con Ghosts have zone aggro, when this agro transfers to the Red con it is tethered to the porch near the old dead portal, and just stands there and summons people on aggro until it tethers and loses agro
  17. Dreadmore Augur

You don't need to stay in the upper room for this to happen. I've had it happen fighting on the first floor of that building too. Also, I've never been able to lose agro through tethering. I just keep getting summoned right back.
  18. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Um... Careful now!
    There is that variant of a task where you get a whistle to defeat some (iirc) Golems. each use of that whistle summons some Valryries swarm pets that tank for you - i am very much convinced that THIS was intended, as back in the time those mobs were pretty much untankable and had a ton of HPs that was almost impossible to bring down without help from the swarm.
  19. Rickate Augur

In Defense of Health
    Summon Winged Defenders of Health to assist with Virulent Brutes 0/4 (Plane of Health)
    Return the whistle to Lashun Novashine 0/1 (Plane of Health)

Defenders of the Faith
    You must destroy those that were infected by the Adan's last breath. 0/2 (Plane of Health)

You do only turn in one whistle or none if you don't complete the task and everyone gets a whistle so you could certainly have a whistle while doing Defenders mission.

Whistle of Summoning [66092]
    LORE NO TRADE
    Click Effect: Defender's Call Casting Time: 1.5s Recast Delay: 45s Charges: 10
    1: Summon Pet: HLTErrandValkyrieDefender x 3 for 60s

[46399] Defender's Call
    Target: Single
    Range: 150'
    Resist: Unresistable, No Sanctification
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    1: Summon Pet: HLTErrandValkyrieDefender x 3 for 60s
    Calls in a squad of Winged Defenders to aid you in combat.
  20. Yimin Augur

You can now con a mob and see its level thank you EQ Dev team :)

Yimin