Test Update 05/08/2018 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, May 8, 2018.

1. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Thats how i read it too, but just came from test, it's both NPC and players.
  2. segap Augur

If it's on NPCs, I hate it. One more loss of immersion in the name of giving people more information.
    High Voltage likes this.
  3. Sancus Augur

There are already SPAs for damage shield mitigation, 467 and 468 (Amount and %, respectively). Nothing uses 468, but there are abilities that use 467, e.g. Enticer's Auspice:

[50336/6677] Enticer's Auspice Rk. III
    Classes: ENC/102
    Skill: Abjuration
    Mana: 1531
    Consumes: Peridot x 1
    Consumes: Peridot x 1
    Target: Caster Group, MGB: Yes
    Range: 100', AE Range: 100'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 2s, Recast: 15s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 36m+ (360 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Decrease Damage Shield Taken by 1932
    2: Absorb DoT Damage: 25%, Total: 60336

So this basically is their way of separating the two out. I think it's worth pointing out specific abilities that might've been intended to reduce damage shield damage prior to the implementation of 467/468 if those are a thing.
  4. mmats Augur

About 50% of the time when spawning a new instance of standard guildhall from the guildlobby, the character will freeze for 2 minutes and then go linkdead (even though the instance does spawn). Never have an issue when zoning into an already spawned instance of guildhall.

Bugged this many times now. Please fix.
  5. mmats Augur

When giving pets equipment they always say "I have no need for this. You can have it back", but they dont actually give it back unless they already have something equal or better than the item being given. It seems this is just a dialogue issue, as pets do appear to equip or return the items when appropriate.
  6. Fohpo Augur

Any chance we can have the auras from the swords and the damage line up better? There was a few times last night while we were doing the event that the aura disappears, I moved in, and still got hit.
  7. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

While viewing traders in the bazaar, some traders are selling items for DoN crystals.

Confirmed on Agnarr.

[IMG]
  8. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

OK cool - thanks for the clarification! I'm always happy to provide detailed feedback, including reproduction steps for bugs, but I do like knowing the best place to put it.
  9. Risiko Augur

I guess I see it differently because I just don't see this as immersion breaking at all. I can already see that a mob is XX level if it is white con to me because that means it is my level. After you've been through a zone a while leveling up, it becomes pretty easy to figure out the level of the mobs there.

That being said, I am a RPGer to the core, and I prefer having more and more skills to level up. As such, if it would have been me, I would have made this a new skill system in the game called something like beast mastery.

Beast Mastery 101...
    • All players start with Beast Mastery skill level 1
    • Exception: Rangers, Druids, and Beast Lords start at skill 100
    Skill break down:
    • 50 = Can identify type of monsters in zone (similar to tracking ability)
    • 100 = Can see level of monster via /consider
    • 150 = See level of monster next to monster's name
    • 200 = % Chance to discover monster's weaknesses / resistances via /consider
    New area in Achievements for Beast Mastery skill
    • Shows all monsters you have identified in each zone
    • Shows any weakness / resistance discoveries you have made for each monster in each zone
    • The higher your learned knowledge of any given monster determines a bonus to damage and/or raises your ability to land spells on that type of monster
    Just saying.. but /con showing level is good too ;)
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Oh, Well. Those I don't care about... :) but... They're quest rewards and we tend to leave them as quest rewards and not stick them on a vendor. So still a no, though these I don't want to die in a fire :)
    Its more about seeing if player charms, mezzes, stuns, etc will work on a mob, though it will certainly benefit bug reports on the HA's!
    Both. It was not intended AND Skull of Null brought it to our attention because the other spells "go away" while this is a "permanent" effect.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  11. TakeMeSeriously Journeyman

CTRL + F: Robe of the Spring
    WHY GOD WHYYYYYYY, HELP ME

I know I post this every day/week, but I'm asking for Robe of the Spring to be in game, the other old robes drop in vp 2.0. Looking for this on Phinigel, thanks. The effect is 100% useless past Kunark, which is why it was removed. Just looking to wear one, thanks!
  12. Prathun Developer

Hrm. It's unfortunate if a scheduled script and an expiration timer on a decal, both set to the same # of seconds, occur at different times. I'll take a look and see if I can repro this.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Sancus and Zaviere like this.
  13. Zaviere Augur

Please do. I can guarantee there's no way you WON'T be able to see it, because it happens literally every single time with every single blade.

Vault nerfs too heavy, please nerf those nerfs.

WTB teaser screenshots of Fereth HF armor sets!
    Thunderkiks and Sindaiann like this.
  14. Fooba Augur

Now you know how RoI felt when they neutered PoWar and axxius thought his guild beat the non-neutered version.
  15. Tegila Augur

Here's a bug and a discussion point:

Bug: you made a post for livebugsfrom this patch, but it's locked. Since it needs to be unlocked and making the thread doesn't require a dev any more than unlocking the thread, I think there was an oops somewhere.

Discussion: wasted dev hours. This patch was pushed to TEST 3 days before end of fabled/anniversary, and will not see live fabled/anniversary for 10 months, yet an awful lot of these notes were about anniversary events or items, or fabled. What was the point of doing any of this at this point in time?
  16. Zhaunil_AB Augur

*sigh* really?
    The only locked thread is for the "bugs only" LIVE patch. THIS one is for discussion about the TEST patch.
    We're in the middle of patching and you already want to post a bug about a patch you haven't even downloaded yet?

You were probably missing the "previously fixed" headline to those changes?
    Those went in as hotfixes...
    *rolls eyes*
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sindaiann like this.
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

AND the anniversary tasks repeat yearly. So... the fixes will affect how the task is done next year.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  18. Prathun Developer

Because it's more efficient to work on something when it's fresh in your memory.
  19. eqzekisdead Augur

Wow, the first pvp update EQ has seen in over 10 years!!

I knew you guys still cared about us.
  20. Thunderkiks Augur

Way before my time, not sure what you're talking about.