End True Box on Phinigel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Msfit, May 12, 2018.

1. Msfit New Member

The server is dead as far as pick up groups. Even guild groups full of single players are rare with most everyone boxing. While this may change for a short time with TSS, everyone has at least 2-3 boxes anyway so what's the point? I'm really just tired of pointlessly running 2-3 comps, and isn't Phinny at the xpac multi-boxing on 1 computer was accessible to most people anyway?
    Death Strudel, ForumBoss and Jaera like this.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I'd be alright with Trueboxing getting axed as long as we don't lose the macaroni quest shield along with it.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

I ain't gonna be part of your system!
  4. Religious Elder

If it's possible to do so, I could get behind this. Trueboxing really no longer serves a purpose. People have been circumventing it anyways. No, I won't go into detail regarding that. Really, all true box does at this point in progression is apply a needless strain to players who feel they need to box via a secondary system in order to remain progressive.
  5. Aegir Augur

Unlock Truebox code with Seeds of Destruction. - That would make most sense. Can have a merc or a subscribed box.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  6. nestharus Journeyman

I will say that I recently returned to Phinigel. Pretty much any group I can find, which is very rare, is just one player boxing 3-5 characters and letting me tag along for the ride. Any xp groups are players powerleveling themselves. Any progression groups for missions and the like are players just getting stuff for their alts. Everyone is more or less soloing with full box groups. It is pretty much impossible for a regular player to progress right now unless they want to dive into the black market and pay people or buy a bunch of machines to also solo like everyone else. With the current state of the server, truebox is probably hurting more than it is helping at the moment.

That all being said, I am definitely in the minority here. I don't really like boxing or soloing. I prefer playing with other people : (. Truebox was something I really desired. It just doesn't seem feasible anymore.
    Master Kahleem likes this.
  7. Nolrog Augur

It's hard to make an assessment right now, considering we've been in the "dead zone" for almost 6 months. No levels, few AAs. People have drifted away doing other things and only coming back for raids. Once TSS comes out, and there are 5 more levels and a ton of AAs, then I think a lot of people will return and there will be groups all over the place.

Guilds usually have groups going on as well for XP. Might be some alts or something but you should be able to find something.
    snailish likes this.
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

This please.
    snailish likes this.
  9. Gremin Augur

Plenty of servers to choose from with no truebox code. Screams could be heard on Mars about a server like Phinney being made and now that it has been, people want more (less really).
  10. Coppercoz Augur

There's really no point to truebox on phinny at this point. With AoC's, truebox has probably had no positive effect on the server for quite some time, IMO of course.

Watched a couple of 10-12 man box crew running through wos to anguish the other day and it didn't bother me one bit.
  11. Punchis-themonk Elder

Leveling is easy find a good guild that will help you out.
  12. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

This is probably a good time to turn off Truebox. Maybe we can have a server vote?
  13. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Which guild did you join? If the answer is none, you're doing it wrong. As others have said leveling is a breeze currently, plenty of people around and willing to help, if you show the slightest commitment to their guild.
  14. Boze TLP complaint factory

We've been 70 for 8 months? Everyone's done with AAs and there's nothing in PoR worth farming. Even the "big" quest of the expac, the scrykin orbs, is really not worth the time. There was tons of pugging in DoDH for all the mask quests. It'll bounce back for TSS fine, tons to do in that expac. That being said, I think Aegir's idea of disabling truebox come SoD would make the most sense. Either way it doesn't really matter though; all the people still around that box are really good at doing the truebox thing.
  15. Prisim Lorekeeper

It wouldn't really change anything for me. I already have multiple computers set up; if trubox went away I'd still use all my computers with one account on each. It might make it a bit easier to get all my buffs as I wouldn't have to swap accounts, but it's not like I'd retire my other accounts stand around with one guy LFG for hours on end.

When TSS launches though, I will just play one guy. Real groups will happen, though mostly guild only. Once my main has everything done I want to get done, I'll box up my alts and work them through everything. That's just the way of it these days, and its what keeps us logging in at this point.
    Chatoyan likes this.
  16. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

My favorite part about summer is choosing whether to box and watch my AC fail to keep up with the added laptop heat, or solo and not be a sweaty mess.
    doah, Msfit, Adrienna and 1 other person like this.
  17. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I'd just go from 3 boxing to 18 boxing! please keep TrueBox, save my soul!
    SithWizard, doah and Brumans like this.
  18. ForumBoss Augur

Even as someone who has already invested in 6+ PC's, I can get on board with dropping truebox. I would not run additional characters, it doesn't get that much easier when it is contained to one PC. Maybe I would give some of my PC's to family or friends.

I'd be happy to save the power cost and keep my room a bit cooler as well. To me, truebox is really just an income test, if people can afford to pay 6 subs a month, then buying a few PC's probably isn't a huge deal to them anyway. Crypto is already doing enough to increase consumer computing power usage, EQ shouldn't require another full motherboard, disk, PSU, monitor etc to be powered to get another instance up.
  19. Jaera Augur

Truebox has never worked to its intended goal. People who wanted/were going to box did so anyways, and found tools and techniques to make it possible. Remove the need for people to spend extra money in order to box and I think you'll find people are happier and will stick around longer.

I don't think it should wait till SoD, it should probably be done once the server hits DoDH or PoR.
  20. Catashe Augur

While I wouldn't be thrilled with the increased boxes if they removed the True Box code on the server.. I do think by SoD they do need to remove it.. the further we go on the server the less people will be on the server.. Be nice to be able to level and not have 3 computers to do it..