GoD Alchemy suspensions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Uumdano, May 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uumdano Augur

So trying to level alchemy so I can improve my augs but I am having issues finding the materials for multiple things. The highland sludge and taelosian sludge that drop in GoD does not have the other needed ingredients on merchants so we cannot make suspensions. I also have a load of robust lizard man blood from my time in Ct yet I can not find the bundles needed to make the distillates.

Frustrating! Any help?
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Can you be specific about what potions you are trying?
  3. Uumdano Augur

Distillate of antidote, immunization & regeneration 8 using robust lizard man blood.

Basic, formed, shaped & worked suspension of (insert various here) (IX) using sample of filtered highland sludge.

Same w/ sample of filtered taelosian sludge that makes basic, formed etc suspensions (VIII)
  4. Uumdano Augur

5. Catashe Augur

Probably needs to be asked but what server you on?
  6. Uumdano Augur

LJ, OoW just dropped recently and I decided to work my alchemy so I could do the combines for the augments. I had been holding some lizard blood and deepwater inks for sometime and of course the sludges were dropping during GoD so have quite a few of those.

As it stands now for what I have in mats, the ink is what I can skill up on however I would like to save these if these other recipes are supposed to be in. I have checked multiple merchants that are listed with mats, obviously some of the merchants are out of era but the ones listed that are in game do not carry the mats needed for suspensions and the VIII distillates.
  7. Catashe Augur

That's your problem, LJ is still going off the old alchemy recipes.. You don't get the new ones.. aka Distillates,Philters, etc til the new alchemy recipes launch and those are in Prophecy of Ro
  8. Uumdano Augur

I suppose that is a bit confusing considering how distillate X is in game, the ones from the lizard blood are distillate VIII. What about the suspensions, I mean all that sludge is dropping in GoD, PoR too? What a mess.
  9. Catashe Augur

Distillate X of what though? Usually the cures, regens(not spirituality), and resist distillates are still locked and the old world recipes active
  10. Uumdano Augur

All I know for sure is I made some alacrity and spirituality (IX) w/ my inks. I suppose this is how it is supposed to be, for whatever reasoning they have for it. I appreciate the discussion, hopefully Ngreth can shed some light on it when they are back in the office on Monday.

Not the first time I have seen the GoD recipes not work as I was going to up my smithing earlier with the shimmering aligned ores, etc. only to find out the jewel craft drops that are needed never dropped and are flagged a later expansion.

So frustrating how much of this game goes live when it is outdated and might only be useful if you are leveling up an alt or some such. So much wasted potential.
  11. Catashe Augur

Haste pots should still be locked I think.. Spirituality they more the lock to Luclin.. There is one old world haste pot recipe they does convert to like Haste IV or something maybe you did that
  12. Uumdano Augur

I for sure made haste IX pots from the deepwater inks, looking at them on my trader now. We are in OoW so maybe they are in, asked one of my shaman mates and he suggested the X pots from nodding blue lilly but I am not interested in farming them since I already have so many other drops that should carry me far enough.
  13. Catashe Augur

Then I'm not sure.. i do know PoR is when the old world recipes go away aka no more Greater Cont pots and is the time where you can make skinspikes pots etc and thats basically when Alchemy basically seems to catch up to live and don't have to worry about the old world recipes at all.

Personally I do think the poison/disease cure, regen pots, etc won't be live til PoR cause thats when the latest batch up ingredents appeared on the phinny alchemy merchants
  14. Darchias Augur

In PoP (current Agnarr expansion), X Distillates of Sprituality, Clarity, Replenishment, Celestial Healing, and Divine Healing are all available, but I'm given to understand that Skinspikes, among others, are not.
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

16. Uumdano Augur

Thanks for clarifying Ngreth, looking forward to seeing what you do w/ the GoD drops. The end result does not seem overpowered in any way so am hoping you put the items in as needed. Thanks!
  17. Uumdano Augur

Looking for an overall update as to the direction alchemy will be taking & perhaps a time line. I am really interested to see how you handle this as I am looking at spending my money else where. Its hard to justify when my time continues to be taken for granted, the research nerfs affected me as did this alchemy.

I just do not understand why you guys do not put some time in and implement things in the eras where they can be utilized by the most people. This would make the experience so much more enjoyable and would lead to higher customer retention. As it stands now, I am tired of the hypocrisy and am counting down the last few days of subscription actually hoping you are capable of making a player positive decision here.
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Threats, even veiled threats are not a productive way to get your point across.
  19. Uumdano Augur

No threat Ngreth, this was the last straw. I have 4 to 5 days left on my accounts and I have no intention of returning unless I see a move in the right direction. You have left many people with no option other than going to another alchemist for combines that require extremely rare components. It does not make sense for those of us who enjoy playing the game self sufficiently.

I am sure I am in the minority here with my reasonings but you folks did tick off alot of people with this alchemy change. We have no viable skill up methods from 244-300. You have created a gulf of those who skilled prior to nerf and those who did not. And your reasoning was not even sound, you took something away that had been in game for years instead of retuning it, then you hypocritically added in defiant gear to servers earlier than was originally released.

It makes no sense. I am hoping you decide even with my veiled threats (they are not) to share you vision moving forward of alchemy. You mentioned in this thread you folks still need to decide what to do with the suspensions, should they be in GoD/OoW eras when the dropped component is available or what??

Giving us a viable skilling method would go a long way for me not leaving at this point. Are you too pissed I am making my feelings and intention known to share your teams vision moving forward for alchemy or are you going to keep it to yourself because Ive upset you being honest with you?

*edit I know you folks are capable of making player positive changes, it depends on whether or not you are allowed to. This is what I want to know, are your hands tied by those who hold the purse strings or is there something good in store for alchemy and if so, can you share?
    Dexar likes this.
  20. Risiko Augur

I think sometimes the fact that the gamers are so passionate on their game's forums gets misinterpreted by the game's developers and designers as hate and anguish directed towards them personally when in reality, it is a sign of frustration by those gamers over something that means more to them than it will ever mean to the people that work on the game.

Don't get me wrong, I am sure there are people who work on Everquest (and/or have in the past) that have a great deal of passion for the game itself. But, to the gamers that play Everquest, this is their hobby. This is the thing they do to escape the real world. Add on top of that the fact that there simply is no Everquest clone in existance (there are a metric ton of WoW clones on the other hand), there is no alternative for them if in fact the game goes a direction that they do not like or care to partake in.

So, yes people get overly passionate about Everquest. People get overly passionate over every MMORPG. There's a reason they get overly passionate. Some take it too far of course, and those people occasionally need a slap on the wrist to put them back in line (myself included).

The take away here is that none of us genuinely hate or despise any of the developers and designers of Everquest. If you take things like someone saying they are counting the days until their subscript ends as a veiled threat, then you might be missing the simple fact that the person who said that is not saying "I hate you!!!", but rather that person is saying "Please help make the game that I spend the vast majority of my free time playing stay the great experience that I have always known."

I don't recall if it was you or Prathan that went off on me in a private message a while back claiming that the player base doesn't appreciate the work yall do. I don't believe that is the case at all. We do appreciate the work all of you do at DBG. We just hold you to a higher standard and expect more of you than you may realize. You control the reigns to something that means way more to all of us than it probably ever should.
    Dexar, Uumdano and doah like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.