Test Update 05/08/2018 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, May 8, 2018.

1. eliandra Elder

possible to add left and right eyes of sul in tbm vendor for raid currencies ? lot of currencies but not raiding this boss again ....
    Metanis likes this.
  2. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Certain spells that originate from DoN, when listed in a bazaar trader window are shown to require Radiant Crystals to purchase them, even though they were retroactively added to PoP via the Parchment turnin quests. Examples being the level 60+ Fear spells:

Instinctual Panic
    Deistic Bellow
    Angstilich's Echo of Terror

I am sure there are more.
  3. Diptera Augur

Remove /feedback simply means you'll get less feedback - I'll happily open the /feedback window to type a comment and fire it off, but will not be bothered to go to a web browser, log in, and create a new forum topic. /shrug

Yinla likes this.
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Quite possibly this is the whole point. There's enough vague, childish whining on the forums as it is, even with the extra steps involved to log in and post compared to using /feedback. What % of /feedback responses do you think were well thought out, detailed ideas vs. "F U DBG u nerfed HA n I blizard wud never do this to a paying custmr i am cancel 7383 gold accnt F U FUFUFU FU DBG"

Maybe like 10% former, 90% latter? Can't blame them for putting tiny barrier between themselves and the noise.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Of course, it's possible.
    If I have anything to do with it, it will never happen. I want them to go away not be more available.
    Rolaque and Dythan like this.
  6. Dzarn Developer

What a strange thing to post.
    I've been an advocate for breaking apart the completed mask into its component parts for an additional 2000 currency...
    eliandra, lolans, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  7. kizant Augur

Then maybe incentivize an alternative? The majority of raiders are going to acquire items that have been deemed important as long as there is a way to do so. It is EQ after-all and people are trained to spend countless hours doing annoying things to min/max their characters.

I mean you're basically saying that a big annoyance for a large amount of people is a worthy trade-off to keep an item away from a tiny percentage of raiders.
  8. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Fight fight fight
    Beimeith likes this.
  9. segap Augur

Because of those darn eyes, 2000 TBM currency for many of us is pocket change.
    kizant likes this.
  10. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

What do you have against them?
  11. EnchFWO Augur

Every developer ever hates % based increases which does beg the question of why they did it in the first place but that's a thread of its own. The only comfort is that they capped it a Lv 110 so next Lv increase (lulz) it will be obsolete anyway. It seems we can't get a happy medium on rewards - awesome +dmg/heal % bonus and now... ornaments. Again. :confused:
  12. Fnyanea Augur

They asked about the type 7/8 stat augs from Enslaver of Souls event, not the vanquisher eyes of life/decay rewards.
  13. josh Augur

I think you could be confusing these augs

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=125289

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=125290

and this one

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=125754

I could be completely wrong but i don't know why you would be so upset about normal AC augs.

I definitely like dzarn's idea of being able to break apart the mask to get the augs back.
  14. Warpeace Augur

15. fortuneteller Augur

If thats true, then what is there preventing a nerf on it ? It is not so that items has not been nerfed when deemed too powerfull
  16. Warpeace Augur

Really nothing...Daybreak does what it wants.
    But they did say they would leave it as is....so take it for what its worth.
  17. IblisTheMage Augur

About seeing the level of mobs: I agree that it is more immersive not to be able to see the level of the mob other than traditional /con color, but I believe that quite a bit of balancing efforts will be made easier if the players can tell if a HA Named is 2 levels too high, etc.

I can also speculate that it would be easier to develop and balance hard mode HAs, especially if players understand that a certain mob is not +4 red, but actually +9 red, and therefore they should not be complaining that they are not able to do the task.

Making mobs more formulaic based on levels will make balancing simpler. Cactus is too hard? Level = Level -1, instead of changing how their specific spell is resisted, etc. (Add the ability to Shadow Release, that is, make 5% of all cacti Level = Level +1, and monitor how it goes, and balancing could become real time stuff...)
  18. IblisTheMage Augur

What I meant: I am pro the consideration changes.
  19. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Those rune spells have worked that way for a long time. Is the problem that they weren't supposed to function that way, or is the problem that Skull of Null made the effect easily accessible to everybody? Because changing the way the rune spells works will have further reaching consequences than just Skull of Null users. Tanks have rune abilities that were being used to absorb dangerous damage shield effects, and those will no longer function the same way.

The amount of absorption on the Skull's aura is actually pretty small for dealing with nukes, but generous for dealing with damage shields. If there was a way to separate those absorption types, you'd have an easier time balancing absorption amounts where you want them, instead of a blanket nerf of the item's usefulness to melee classes.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  20. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Not gonna lie - I read that /con change as being for players. Like, when you target a player it tells you the level... unless they're anon or roleplay. Mobs can't be anon or roleplay. Maybe I'm just reading it wrong.