HA scaling

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Boold Print, May 8, 2018.

1. Boold Print New Member

HA are supposed to scale to highest level in group correct? why do i keep getting HA that have mobs that are 105 when the highest group member is 93.
  2. Dreadmore Augur

3. seber Augur

cuz all cry baby said to hard now they suck ((((((
  4. Dwimmerlaike Elder

Haven't seen this before. What one did you try that gave you 105 to a 93?
  5. Daedly Augur

How would they know if the mob was level 105 when the highest level in the group is 93?
  6. Lufraki Elder

AFAIK mobs only have to be 3 levels higher to con RED.... so, what hacks are you using? also, didn't you say you were quitting?
  7. Febb Augur

What HA had this issue? Post in the bug thread.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

9. Prathun Developer

There are no combatable Heroic Adventure NPCs set up to be 12 levels higher than PCs.
  10. Yimin Augur

So what is the highest NPC a lvl 93 PC will see in a HA ?

YiMin
  11. Cleaver Augur

I believe trash can be 4 levels higher and boss can be 5 or 6. I know you get red con bosses so that has to be 5 levels ? at 93 my guess would be 98 as highest. .
  12. Yimin Augur

Yes thats what i was thinking also , but really would like the inside scoop from Dev in this chat :)

YiMin
  13. Prathun Developer

Did a little research.
    There's one spawn in the Crypt of Sul Heroic Adventure that was using a bad encounter. It could spawn NPCs that were up to 7 levels higher, but that one's a bug and it will be addressed in a future update.

There are several NPCs in Plane of Hate: Revisited that can be 4-6 levels higher than PCs.
    a Nightkeep Warder, a Basher captain, a Craknek Emissary, a Greenblood Emissary, a Dismal Rager, a Steel Warrior, a Greenmist Diplomat, a Kotiz Ambassador, a Minister of Bertoxxulous, a Heretic of Odus, a Seeker of the Dark Truth

After them, there are 36 NPCs that spawn in HAs that can be up to 5 levels higher than PCs. Mostly these are bosses and rares.

After them, there are 119 NPCs that spawn in HAs that can be up to 4 levels higher than PCs. Mostly these are bosses and rares.

The remaining 2500ish NPCs that spawn in HAs are lower level than that.
    Niskin, IblisTheMage, Yinla and 6 others like this.
  14. flash000 Augur

i feel so bad for the intern you made do all the leg work to research all that ......
    [IMG]
    Metanis and Leigo like this.
  15. Foliax Journeyman

Relax, he just did a SQL query that he thought up while drinking coffee.
  16. Rickate Augur

Demiplane of Life: Defenders of the Faith - infected winged defender
    Name might be slightly off but the step: You must destroy those that were infected by the Adan's last breath. 0/2

I've done every available HA mission at Level 81 or lower from pre-EoK content, if it requires Level 85+ to enter I used 106+ characters and I haven't done Plane of Hate or Fear. Hopefully your research means those mobs are fixed, it's been months since I did the mission, I've killed everything else but have no way of knowing if a mob is +4 or +7, rez and rebuff (Surge of Shadows, Incapacity, Rune) and a couple of Level 88 mobs would die while the infected easily killed fully buffed twinks.
  17. ZoomBox Lorekeeper

A little late now, for this anniversary season anyway . ..
    It would seem the update to scale HA's to the highest level in the group had some far reaching unintended consequences, and the subsequest updates to correct those issues have yet to find all of the unintended consequences.

Re: February 21, 2018
    *** Quests And Events ***
    - - Heroic Adventures stop scaling at the maximum level in the era they were introduced. For example, 15th anniversary and Call of the Forsaken errands released when the maximum level was 100, so even if there is a level 101+ player in the zone, the highest these adventures will scale is as if the max level player in the zone were level 100.

And yet the 14th Anniversary Group Task: Big Gnomes, Big Problems had mobs that wrecked level 110 characters rather rapidly because the task had mobs that were RED cons even to level 110s

At the time of 14th anniversary highest level was what? 95? 100? Why am i getting wrecked by content 5 years old should be relatively easy . . . .
  18. Aurastrider Augur

I didn't run that mission this year but I have done it a couple dozen times previously. If you follow the guide on zam or at least I believe that's where I read the walkthrough it's not to difficult. They are red corn by design but it's just colors unless something has changed. If you are using a pet suspend them because they won't get the buff.
  19. Prathun Developer

It was an SQL query that I typed up while drinking coffee. :D

Exactly!
    Foliax likes this.
  20. Prathun Developer

Big Gnomes, Big Problems isn't a Heroic Adventure.
    When the mission was implemented for the 14th Anniversary, the HA system didn't exist yet.