Test Update 05/08/2018 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, May 8, 2018.

1. Thunderkiks Augur

They are actually talking about the items from the VP quests. Not the EoK chase loot.
  2. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I always thought "chase loot" was an overloaded term :)

It was my understanding that "chase loot" originally implied loot that you might never actually see in-era, or would take a really long time to get, like the TBM raid mask.

The VP quests seem quite easy and quickly attainable...basically just a regular zone named camp (pretty easy for my 3-box) and then a common raid drop to upgrade it to max power? Or is there more to them?
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  3. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I'm a big confused too, but I guess he means we can just come into these update threads and bring up whatever feedback we have, even if it's not related?
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You need to look up the definition of the word complain. How is farming going to be less annoying complaining? It would seem no one can ask any question of any kind without it being a "complaint" to you. Was my question really that out of line? I mean really...I've posted much more scathing things than this post. People care about the game - it's their hobby. Is it really too much to ask for to have raids properly tuned at launch? Bug fixes are one thing having a raid completely castrated like Drusila's Vault is another thing entirely. You're free to spend what we have to for incomplete work - others are not just going to take it sitting down. I'm certainly not going to.
  5. Mysl Augur

To Jhenna_BB..

If I offended you, I am sorry. It is not direct to you, but more of a general response. For all these years, it seems to me, the dev team always get into this type of situation. Either tune too high, or tune too low, so either this half complain, or the other half complain. I did not mean to say you are complaining. I just think this time, after 6 months, tuned one event down, so some guilds will have a chance, and the high end guilds can farm with less people in summer, guess I am not understanding the "take it sitting down" comments.
  6. Aurastrider Augur

Can you clarify if these changes are to classic Kunark zones, modern Kunark zones or both.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Correct but if the /feedback now directs us to this forum, where exactly are we supposed to post? In an old test discussion thread or the current live bug thread?
  8. Thunderkiks Augur

Even Ngreth ( I think it was him anyway) said that they shouldn't be called "chase" items because they were easily obtained. This patch though is talking about the VP items. They weren't placeable. I had gotten all of them and was sad I couldn't place them.
  9. Mortium Elder

Thunderkiks, stop posting at monk attack rates please :)
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  10. Rolaque Ancient

Just where does the idea come from that more beta testing will produce a "working as intended" or a better game mechanic for raids, or group missions, or questing? Well, look at the evidence. There is no way that the initial issue group / raid issues with Cactikkii were not discovered during beta. They weren't missed, they were just not fixed before launch. Of course, they could have been not bug reported; but that's an entirely different issue, which speaks to the integrity of players who beta test.
  11. Mortium Elder

Loving the change to the alliance spells btw. So pleased there is a message when it falls off :)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Zhaunil_AB like this.
  12. Fohpo Augur

I'm sure that's slated for June.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This is specifically the discussion thread. See the title that includes the word "discussion"
    It is best is this is focused on the patch, but it won't hurt horribly.
    But note, there are other Headings on these forums... Veterans Lounge also gets a significant amount of Dev attention and is very general. The Time Locked Progression Server Heading is good for progression based topics (Any progression server, including the Voting based servers)
    And more specifically, I expect Hludwolf meant "Here" in the general defenition of EverQuest Forums (all of them) not specifically this thread.
    If you click on the link in game, you are sent to https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php the Forums in general, not a specific thread. It's not hugely different than picking a topic for feedback.
    Classic Kunark
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thanks Ngreth, I was under the impression that clicking the link would bring you to this forum, not the forums in general.
  15. doah Augur

Changing ZEM and xp in zones is fine and all but it truly won't change where people xp because the itemization is still denser in zones like sebilis and chardok. For example, skyfire is probably the worst zone to xp in and if people didn't need epics out of here or want to kill talendor, I doubt most would step in this zone except for the fact it is a port in zone.
  16. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

It has nothing to do with the integrity of the paying players who volunteer their time to beta test an unfinished product. In addition, I believe the raids are only tested by guilds that are hand picked by the devs and that the devs coordinate the raid tests? Blaming anybody but DBG for unfinished product issues is ridiculous.

PS to the devs: Keep fighting the good fight, I'm still glad somebody is doing something with the game :)
  17. Fumi-chan Augur

Please reconsider how far you go with the Kunark ZEM changes. As others have stated, lowering the ZEM of popular zones is not going to magically make people look elsewhere. They are popular for other reasons such as loot, mob density and respawn times. All lowering the ZEM will accomplish is annoying the playerbase who already is unhappy with the low XP rate of the server.

Now, if you drastically increase the ZEM on some zones such as Skyfire and Karnor's Castle, that might make them appealing from a pure leveling standpoint. As it stands, those zones have things working against them (Talendor roaming, train fiesta of KC) which tend to keep people away. If the reward begins to match the risk, it could help spread people out while leveling.

I'd also like to see some of the outdoor zones given some big love since they're a great place to go for solo play.
  18. EnchFWO Augur

The new /feedback change should lead to an increase in creation of new member accounts since anyone with a forum ban won't be able to provide feedback! Super idea.
  19. Risiko Augur

It's possible that they don't care to hear feedback from anyone with a forum ban. Just saying ;)
  20. Maedhros High King

Harmonious Blessing is the paladin harmonious agro/heal buff.
    The spelling on when the spell fades appears to be correct to me. It simply says "the blessings fade."

I believe the spell you are looking for is called Divine Alliance, that's the cleric alliance spell.
    Metanis likes this.
  21. Ryak Augur

I'm curious. Is this in response to that terrible article that was recently posted on the TLP forum? (I say terrible because they made a number of factual errors) One of their complaints was about not being able to see the level of enemies, and i don't otherwise recall seeing this issue brought up anywhere.

I'm not complaining since it seems like a reasonable and easy QOL change, but like I said i'm curious if that prompted this change.