Test Update 05/08/2018 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, May 8, 2018.

1. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I'm holding off on this because we are looking at a code solution to the issue.
    We're leaving it on the Skull of null because it fixes the issues some player had with the evolving nature of the item not attaching, and therefore the spell shielding doesn't work.
    The evolving item issue is not on the Polished Diamond Prism, so for that, we're holding off for a code based solution instead of a design workaround. The code solution didn't make the patch, and I have no particular ETA at this time.
    The fact that it blocked damage shields was not intentional AND more powerful than planned for the effect on the Skull of Null items.
  2. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

This one is a little weird to me. I don't use the feature all the time, but I do sometimes, especially when it's related to something that doesn't seem to have a good spot for the forums. I mean it does kinda feel like sending info to a black hole, but I assume someone reads that stuff eventually at some point.

Where exactly are we supposed to post general feedback [with expectations that a DB dev will read it]?
  3. menown Augur

Would this code also apply to a charm like Zueria Slide?
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=128281
  4. Hludwolf Developer

Here
  5. Randragon Augur

And still no fix to Headshot Damage and the new AA levels. You folks leave a lot to be desired when it comes to customer service. Yes, I have waited and posted and what not. But this is really awful response to a known and documented problem. I know other classes have issues and such with dots etc but if all that is holding this fix up is some game dev. doesn't like this AA then its a sad day to be a gamer. Especially since it is DBG who implemented this crap in the first place.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Is it me or are an unusual # of changes on this month’s patch related to recent FQ complaints? Ornaments, pet ear, group wolf form (lol), vault raid, etc etc?

[IMG]

Clearly the process is working!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Derd Augur

Hopefully you dont get what you ask for, the dev who gave you headshot has said he wished he hadn't. As to your aa, I think the problem is simply the description should have said raises level of npc that it will hit by x levels.
  8. Greymantle Augur

If the fix was that easy , they would not have had us waiting over 6 months for the fix. Most anoyoing thing is zero response to even ackn. the issue.
  9. Fohpo Augur

This round of Vault nerfs may be a little excessive, they're taking a fight that was challenging and essentially neutering it. I hope it isn't as extensive as it sounds, especially when combined with the last round.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I guess it's nice farm will be a little less annoying. All the guilds that beat this at full power can still hang their hats on that. Perhaps a longer than 2 month BETA is needed so this kind of tuning doesn't continue to happen months after launch.

Devs? Who are you tuning for, really? I hope you can make a final decision before the next BETA. I thought you were really tuning for guild's like mine at the bottom of the top 10 and who cares about the guilds at the top end of the list - they'll do what they do. Now you seem to have your sights on the guilds that weren't able to finish EOK before ROS launched.
  11. Thunderkiks Augur

Really saddened by all the ST vault raid nerfs. That raid was challenging and you really had to pay attention. R.I.P
    Issk likes this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I thought the bug threads were not for discussions. Or are we now able to open our own threads?
  13. Fumi-chan Augur

The Kunark ZEM changes would be slightly less irritating if we were given some idea of the impact. Even if you can't say which zones were lowered, knowing which zones were improved would help us get a little excited and give us something positive to focus on.

Ultimately my biggest issue is that the ZEM changes when Coirnav launched felt poorly communicated, implemented and didn't really change the preferred leveling path. This created an overall negative experience. I'd like to avoid that with Kunark. Please reconsider or provide some additional details. Thanks.
    Paralyze likes this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This makes very little sense? Is this for the TLP servers? I thought the idea of TLPs were to experience again how EQ expansions were originally.

If its for the TLP servers, just leave the normal zones alone and give us back our newer NPC models which you recently replaced for the old ones!

On the subject of Kunark can we have some more variety for leveling at level 105 - 110 please.
  15. Prathun Developer

The ZEMs on Live are not the same as they were when Kunark launched. In some cases, the ZEM changes restore zones to what they were at launch.
  16. Mysl Augur

Sometimes, I feel bad for the dev team. Start with raids tuned high, 50% of player base complain, start with them tuned low, the other 50% of player base complain. I think this is a good compromise, the top guilds got their hard raids at the beginning of the 6 months, the other guilds can now have their chance. With summer coming, guilds with lower numbers can still give it a try.
  17. Warpeace Augur

Well they didn't nerf Tomb Rot. That's still fun.
    Fohpo and segap like this.
  18. Siny Augur

There are two threads created for each Test Update (each dated). Look at the titles. This one is Patch Notes and Discussion. The other is New Bugs Only. So you keep discussions here and out of the bugs thread.
  19. drEvil Lorekeeper

20. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

This conjures a mental image of a huge stack of complaints from customers wanting the ability to store these super expensive items in their housing, instead of using or selling them. :)

OMG...I was so wrong in all those PVP threads. The devs really are making PVP a priority! :D