My vault's defenses will annilhilate you all ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Horyuken, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Prathun Developer

There are a number of changes coming to the Drusella's Vault raid for the May update. Drusella's wander has been removed entirely, as it was effectively random in how it lined up with her chase mechanic, depending on when the raid was triggered. Please see the May Test update notes for details.

The changes to the event described in the April update notes were the only changes made to the event for the April update. I've received feedback that the event is much harder, much easier, and exactly the same since the April update. Randomness in the event can lead to a different experience, and while we do like randomness, I feel there was too much of it for the Drusella's Vault raid. Where in the room the waves of weapon NPCs spawned could drastically affect the difficulty of the event, as one or two skulls spawning near and attacking a tank or melee character was effectively a deathtouch. Which 3 of the 4 final sarnaks attack in the final phase of the event is random, and reportedly one of them is much more of a challenge to deal with than the other 3. And, as mentioned above, how and when Drusella wandered could annihiliataee the raid. The upcoming changes are meant to reduce the randomness of these mechanics.
  2. Imak Augur

Athises, Bhaleus, Caleus, Deutocia... are the four sarnak lackeys from the prior event in which one of them (random) dies at Drusella's hand. The remaining three make an appearance in the final moments of the Vault event. If he appears in Vault, Caleus uses that wicked PBAE DoT Enveloping Smoke and theTargeted AE Electric Blast. The other three seem to be pure melee casting nothing whatsoever. So, yes, one of them is indeed much tougher to deal with than the other three, and yes whether you are unfortunate enough to get him is random depending whether Drusella killed him in the prior event.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Axxius Augur

The outcome of event 1 doesn't affect the random choice of the 3 Sarnaks in event 2. Caleus was the thief for us one week, I remember thinking, 'Good, we won't need to deal with him'. And then he showed up at the end of #2. 'But you are supposed to be dead!' /smh

And his versions of the Warcaster AE are about twice as powerful as their EoK versions. Being in the same part of the room as Caleus when he casts them means death, pretty much.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Now you’re on the trolley.

May I have the language of origin please? Can you use it in a sentence please?
  5. Imak Augur

Didn't realize Caleus' effects were more powerful, just assumed it was the same spell effect, recycled from EoK. When Caleus dies in the first event, we rejoice cuz we know we don't have to deal with him in the next event. Guess we've just been lucky so far.
  6. Imak Augur

Yup, he sure seems dead to me. In which case he should not be alive again for the following event. Random in event 1, sure, makes sense. Since we are removing randomness from event 2, having the three still living sarnaks appear there would make more sense than just another random choosing of the original four.

We've only had Drusella kill Caleus six times in Crypt Robbers, and none of the six did he mysteriously resurrect and reappear in Vault. Let's keep that streak going :)
  7. Prathun Developer

"My vault's defenses will annihiliataee you all."