Where's the Merch?!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tiggold, May 7, 2018.

1. Geroblue Augur

There were coffeee mugs, lighters, and t-shirts years ago. Couldn't afford them, and when I could, they were gone.

where has all the merchandise gone,
    Long time passing.
  2. Jyve Augur

♬The toons ebayed them, every one. When will they ever learn, when will they ever... learn. ♬
  3. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

I still have that epic keychain. I look back at that with fondness. Wish they would do that again.
  4. Daedly Augur

3D printer to sell custom order models of in game stuff. Like zones, NPC's, maybe even if players characters.
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I have the Rogue epic, but a rogue has never been my main, my bard has been my main since 3 days after I started playing in 2002 or 3..
  6. frankie78227 Augur

As much as today's EQ frustrates the heck out of me, I would love to purchase EQ merch also. DB should get with "Hot Topic" as they pretty much will sell anything. Got a nifty Fallout "Dogmeat" T-shirt from them last year.
  7. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I'm a huge EQ fan, I started playing it in April of 1999. I was in San Diego last year on vacation with my wife and family. I traveled to the Daybreak Games office and was very excited to pay my respects to EverQuest and possibly purchase some merchandise like a t-shirt or a ball cap. As soon as I entered the front door of the facilities I was confronted by a stern looking security guard who gave me the feeling that I shouldn't be there. I don't think he even knew what EQ is or how it's impacted the lives of so many gamers. There was no receptionist there, just employees going in and out of the facilities, so I left feeling dejected. I ended up taking a picture of the outside of the building and showed it to my EQ guildies.

Needless to say it was disappointing that a huge EQ fan like myself could not buy any merchandise there or get some kind of souvenir or memento of my journey to their studios. I would be nice if they had something for fans to be able to purchase at their studios or even just a small poster to give to people who make the trek to San Diego.
    svann and Geroblue like this.
  8. High Voltage Augur

As much as I like EQ, somehow I think you guys highly overestimate the number of people left in the game. So the target group for merchandise articles might be just too small to make it worthwile, even more so as those few peeps are spread all over the world.
  9. Flatchy Court Jester

I was still able to find and purchase a Ronnie Reagen riding a Velociraptor T shirt. You would think the Mountain could have a few EQ shirts for sale.
  10. Captain Video Augur

There are indie games with < 1000 unit sales total which still have web sites with merchandise for sale. It isn't being done for huge profit, it's free advertising.
  11. Tiggold Augur

If I walked by a store that had a Fippy Darkpaw "Never Give Up" t-shirt, you bet your epic I would be interested in finding out what that was all about.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. frankie78227 Augur

I would whip out my plastic so fast the clerk's head would spin. :)
    Geroblue likes this.
  13. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I want the stuffed Fippy.
  14. Risiko Augur

There was a lot of merchandise at the SoE conference every year.

The best thing I ever bought there was an Everquest hoody. To this day, when I wear it, complete strangers come up to me and tell me they used to play Everquest back in the day.

My second favorite item I bought at the conferences was a leather bound journal with Everquest logo on the front. Love that thing.

Then there's the deck of Everquest cards I have yet to open, glittery filled bouncy ball that leaked all of it's fluid out years ago, Nagafen dragon hat, yearly conference tshirts, Everquest lanyard, DC Universe Online lanyard, and Everquest cap.

I sure do miss the yearly SoE conferences :(
  15. Coagagin Guild house cat

How about making the collector's edition a boxed set? Still download the software but the tie in is certainly there.

- Coa/g
  16. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I keep joining contests to see if I can score an EQ hat. I've also set the ringtone for my work phone to EQ's theme, to see if I get a couple turned heads or raised eyebrows of vague recognition.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

I had the zerker epic key chain, even though my main is a wizard. =P
  18. High Voltage Augur

This is not some random indie game. It's real business owned by an investor. What you suggest is simply not how it works irl.