Eron's Jewelry #5: Counting Shadows.. broken?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Quill, May 8, 2018.

1. Quill Augur

I'm at the part where you fix the book. The instructions are to take pages 2, 3, and 5 (which i got specific updates for looting so they're good pages), and combine them with the Damaged Book of Shadow Counting inside of a regular Book Binding to make the Shadow Counting Book.

Well... Book + 3 pages inside a Book Binding(bought from Scholar Klaz in PoK) no longer combines.

I mean.. unless i'm missing something here? Wouldn't be the first time, but the instructions are pretty clear and it seems broken.

Whats really weird is that if i do a combine i know won't work... like a page only... i get a 'You Cannot Combine items in this container type!' message. But when i do the book + 3 pages in the binding... the combine simply does nothing. No text. So its like it recognizes it, but it doesn't actually do it.

As a prereq for Artisan's prize.. needless to say this is a showstopper :>. Not sure why it would suddenly have issue... but maybe either someone can tell me what i'm doing wrong... or a dev can take a quick look at it.
  2. niente Developer

There are two different Book Binding containers. You want the one with weight 8.0 that is not a Quest item. The combine should work for that container.
    fransisco likes this.
  3. Quill Augur

Bought off vendor in PoK(tried the one off Scholar Klaz and Sansus Rasumus)... weight 8.0, Capacity 10, not a Quest Item. That is what I used. Did not combine.

Here is the EQTraders entry(please confirm this is the correct item, the other one is 7.3 and used for a EoK-era quest? If so, I can confirm I didn't get it from EoK, but PoK vendor.):

http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=19421&menustr=035000000000
  4. niente Developer

[IMG]
    Sounds like you have the right container then, these are the items I am able to combine successfully.. if that doesn't work I am not sure what the issue is, can ping the TS expert.
  5. Imak Augur

6. Quill Augur

I even shifted the container to the same orientation and put them in the container in the same order. Still doesn't combine. I'd post or send an equal picture but not sure how to do it on these forums without uploading it to another website to get a url.

And how do you 'ping' someone on these forums?

I did do a find in order to make sure it hadn't added the book stealth-like... and nope.. no Shadow Counting.
  7. fransisco Augur

have you cast identify on each item to verify it is what you think it is?
  8. Quill Augur

Actually... I just discovered a line that was filtered.

'This seems correct but something is wrong. Perhaps you need to know something more in order to combine this.'

The task is at that point.

I then re-scribed the original note(I had done it when I first got it), and then that did it the combine went through.