[Phinigel] Gray Orb of Ao the Fourth dropping?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zipe, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Zipe The Healer

Hello,
    This is not a complain post. But I am starting to get a bit desperate, spent all my weekends since PoR launched farming Relic and Arcstone nameds, got all Gray orbs x4-5 but still no Gray Orb of Ao the Fourth.
    Did anyone have any luck getting it? I would love to get a confirmation that it is dropping!
    I am starting to get tired of that, and I would like to move on and farm anything else....
    Thanks!
  2. Boze TLP complaint factory

Had one drop tonight in Relic off a demented scrykin! I've seen almost all the other gray orbs at least twice. It just seems to be stupid rare.

PS: Trading 5th,6th, or 10th for an 8th orb =D
    Zipe likes this.
  3. Zadune Journeyman

I'm going to chip in here that on Live this is probably the one major quest that I've never been able to finish. I've cleared Arcstone (not just the nameds, but everything) in the neighborhood of a hundred times and gotten multiple of every orb except the Ao the Fourth. I petitioned it at one point and was told that it's dropping as intended. Eventually gave up though. It can just be extremely rare, and made the quest obnoxious to finish.

Glad you were able to get one Boze, I'll try Relic myself if I get back to it.

Rajaah
    Boze likes this.
  4. Jahtw Journeyman

I got one of these from Seedstep in arcstone. No idea what the comparative drop rates are supposed to be for arcstone and relic, but I'd say its worth trying both.
  5. Ryak Augur

I'm a real completionist. Did BiC and all that, but I took one look at this quest and...nope. I'm almost glad the reward is terrible.
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Lol, I did the same thing Ryak.
    doah likes this.
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Send your orbs my way then
  8. Prathun Developer

The Gray Orb of Ao the Fourth does drop, but is much more rare than Gray Orb of Taroknock the Eighth, Gray Orb of Karkahn the Tenth, or Gray Orb of Morogone the Thirteenth. This appears to be intended (as in not an accident).
    Bobbybick likes this.
  9. doah Augur

I thank you for this decision, Dythan.
  10. Hadesborne Augur

I don't understand the intention for this though. Completing this quest requires 3 raids (2 of which you have to win the drop), then group farm named mobs that may or may not drop the other uncommon items. And then a super rare drop from a zone that no one groups in due to lack of loot? Risk/effort for reward seems to be way off base here. This aug is a little better than anguish augs and those are one groupable with relative ease. Prathun, can you shed some light as to from an outsider's point of view, this doesn't seem correct?
  11. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I agree with your main point that the gray orb rarity seems a bit excessive for this quest, but this quote part is wrong. You don't need to win any drops for the raid orbs. There's 54-max shared tasks to request before you kill Porthio and Zomm that grant everyone in the task a black orb. It's currently broken for killing Porthio within the Relic instance, but works in open world. And everyone in the task for killing Daosheen receives that orb as well.
  12. Hadesborne Augur

Well, what is broken needs fixing I guess. Regardless, this takes nothing away from the effort vs reward discussion regarding this quest.
  13. Prathun Developer

We're making some changes that should make some of the gray orbs, especially the Ao orb, a little easier to acquire.
  14. Hadesborne Augur

Thank you Prathun. This is excellent news! Thank you for keeping us informed.
  15. Fibgirl Lorekeeper

Killed all day in Arcstone, 9-10 named mobs that should drop orbs and not a single one to be seen. Lame.
  16. Prathun Developer

The game update that includes the changes to the orb drops is 8 days out, tentatively.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  17. Risiko Augur

Test Update notes incoming Soon(TM)?

I've gotten to where I love reading the test notes each month now with all the changes yall have been putting in to the game lately lol.
    Prathun likes this.
  18. Prathun Developer

19. EnchFWO Augur

They are up now in the forums FYI!
  20. Zadune Journeyman

Thanks for changing this, looking forward to finally finishing the quest on live.
    Prathun likes this.