Any chances that we'll get more old world hunters? (GoD to SoF)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ranonman, May 7, 2018.

1. Ranonman Elder

Curious if we're getting those hunter achievements!
    Froglok likes this.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I'm sure they are on the to do list. They are not very high on that list though, I would guess.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yes. There is a chance. There is a chance for most anything in the game. I have no idea what the actual probability is.
    Andarriel, Froglok, code-zero and 7 others like this.
  4. Ranonman Elder

Whoa. Thanks for quick reply.
  5. Thraine Augur

soon as the most popular TLP gets there they will patch it in for them
    Fenthen and Yinla like this.
  6. Ranonman Elder

/bump - any chance for adding more hunters to GoD through SoF expansions? <3
    Sarcogian likes this.
  7. Sarcogian Augur

How about the BIC Aug makes a roaring come back like the brell shawl did. We're all excited about that potential.
    Funky likes this.
  8. Ranonman Elder

@Sarcogian that idea went off the subject. Adding more hunters are probably easier task than adding more BiC quests. :p (I'm not saying I'm against this idea!)
  9. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

stop asking for more achievements, rano!
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Sarcogian Augur

Pfft, our two thoughts are related like apples and oranges! They both start with GoD.

(I laughed at it)

But seriously though, hunters would tie into BiC and what better way to make everyone mass scramble for completion of a killer aug than having to complete an entire expansions hunter (PoP for artisan).

I dont know if I'd do that particar Aug quest because there's some drying paint that needs watched, but content.
  11. Dibab Augur

i mean any tank should still just put it in their bow. It's not like we need bow damage
  12. Qbert Gallifreyan

Mixed issues. PoP hunter was for one of the TBL evolving items, it had nothing to do with the artisan's prize augment.

I would like them to fill in the old hunters too, if time is available at some point. It certainly isn't critical, though I have always wondered why they didn't do Underfoot with the rest of the first or second major waves (the named were created in the "modern" format so there should be no need to debate which rares do and do not belong in the achievements, and a non-hunter expansion being wedged in between two expansions with hunter achievements is . . . odd).
  13. Sarcogian Augur

PoP hunter wasn't tied into artisan you're correct. But aid grimel required all PoP open world "raid" rares killed. Which was what I wanted to mean but didn't. Point being, more hunters for these old expansion would be cool, but more content in terms of augs that follow the hunters/raid spawn/quest lineage would be cooler.
  14. Prathun Developer

Backfilling Hunter (rare NPC) achievements is something that the team would like to tackle when time allows. :)
  15. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Certain spell effects in a zone with a wall, take precedence though, right?
  16. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Thanks...when these are tackled can you look at rewards for completing these? When completing all of the hunter or all of the raids or both? they maybe a title and/or a port click?
    Example; Completing all the hunter/raid achievement for old Kunark expac would be title "Conqueror of Kunark" and/or a gate click to a non-port zone such as burning woods, frontier mountains, firona vie, etc?
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

OMG. The last time I suggested rewards for these... the rage that spewed across the forums was expansive.
    Playful, code-zero, Prathun and 5 others like this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That does not surprise me at all.

I can say though I think it would be a good idea regardless of the whiners, people can choose not to do them if they don't want to after all.
    Andarriel likes this.
  19. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I can't believe players would be upset about a reward for these hunter / raid achievements...some of these are some serious serious time sinks for us "check the box" types. I'm an Iksar so, from a roleplaying point of view, the idea of having a "King of Kunark" or "Champion/Conqueror of Kunark" title would be very desireable and make me a big deal in Cabilis! It would be doubly cool if Kunark vendor NPCs responded to you by your title...right click a vendor it would say "all hail XXXX Conqueror of Kunark" instead of "hail XXXX check out my goods" etc.

Also as conqueror of a given expac one of the perks should be to travel there at will (port clickie).

COMPLAINT: The two rares in field of bone are obscenely rare...any chance you can adjust the spawn rate from .000001% to a little higher? Good lord I think I have 100-200 hours here slaughtering and no sighting
  20. Qbert Gallifreyan

Part of the reason I suspect people might be/have been upset is related to when some old hunter stuff was originally tied to TBL evolvers (in beta), and it has to do with your second comment. The potency of the theoretical reward in this conversation has a lot to do with how people perceive going back to do very old content. If the reward is too good, many/most players will want it, thus creating a bottleneck of 20+ year old content in some cases because the powers-that-be refuse to add avatars of change to live servers (and that wouldn't address 100% of the issues, but it would cover the vast majority of them).

Original/Kunark named mobs, in particular, have extremely onerous spawn mechanics/rarity. That would lead to some pretty sour folks if (a) many people were unsuccessful killing 20+ year old mobs and thus locking out current rewards, or (b) as is common on some servers some guilds/group just mass slaughtering zones/expansions in an effort to finish hunter, thus locking out current rewards for the rest of us.
    Szilent and Riou like this.