Heroic 100+ Toons

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by SteelToe, May 3, 2018.

1. SteelToe Elder

I have a few toons 107-110 that have not done DoN progression or Mata, also have a few heroic upgrade options and lots of DB credits. Is it worth upgrading the characters (also get two nice bags I guess).
  2. Pokeit New Member

I did it on my 110 alts. If you have the upgrades available I don’t see why not.
  3. moogs Augur

If you're boxing, the progression is pretty easy and you can do nearly all of it by yourself. (You will need 6+ in a group - they can be offline after being invited to the group - to do the raids, and if it hasn't been fixed by now you will need 6+ in the actual zone to start one of the raids, Goblin Dojo).

If it's something you've never done before, it's pretty fun. If you're pressed for time and already have a ton of DB cash, eh...that's fine too. I would spend the DB cash on the large bags themselves (32 or 36 slots).
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. High Voltage Augur

I could imagine doing it for my main again, one way or the other. For alts I would neither spend time nor cash on that nowadays.
  5. Khaliss Augur

DoN = Dragons of Norrath? what is "Mata" and how are DoN progression necessary? Sorry, I'm just a returning player and
  6. Numiko Augur

he is probably talking about the group MPG trails for the +50 resists.
  7. Khaliss Augur

is it still worth getting +50 resists at level 110?
  8. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

the DoN progression AA are worthwhile to have. increase crit rates, number of buff slots, and resist rates. overall it's pretty solid character building.
    MPG trials are good for the resists...
    that being said I don't think I would spend the dbc to buy it, i'd just do the tasks.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. seber Augur

maybe 95 or 100 be find me if get more come back to EQ .
  10. moogs Augur

It's +50 to the resist caps. Yes. Yes, it is.
  11. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The OoW trials for the resists are super easy. It will take you more time to run to all six of them then it will to beat them all. The DoN progression is also really easy, Vish is easily soloed at 110. The only hard part to getting all of the AA's is faction, you'll have to do a little bit of grinding to get Ally. And like Moogs said, getting 6 people to run to Goblin Dojo. I don't think that was ever fixed/changed, but it's been a while so it could have been. The mission itself is a pushover, but it won't start without 6 people in zone.
    Quatr and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  12. High Voltage Augur

I am honestly curious as to what this opinion is based upon? Nowadays, almost all npc effects in place have huge resist modifiers or are plain unresistable, because devs want to make sure you get hit.
    I completed both on my main, but not on my alts. There is, and never has been, a noticeable difference for me.
  13. Aurastrider Augur

I used the free HC's we got last year on my main and a couple alts for a couple of reasons. One it boosted all skills to max at level 85. Things like swimming and AT while not difficult to do are just time sinks. Also the progression stuff posted above are not hard but again are more time sinks. If you have tons of playing time I would say just do all of these things but if your time is limited and you have built up SC with nothing to spend it on then I say go for it. I am at the point that there is nothing I would spend my own money on in the store and even the free cash just sits there in claims for a long while waiting for me to use it on some ornament change when I decide I want a new look.
  14. Allayna Augur

Some old log files were searched:

Droga Open Raid Machin Shin ran for Xegony:

[Sat Jan 27 19:49:18 2018] You resist the Axe Whirl spell!
    [Sat Jan 27 19:49:37 2018] You resist the Blood Splash spell!
    [Sat Jan 27 19:54:10 2018] You resist the Bone Explosion spell!
    [Sat Jan 27 20:29:45 2018] You resist the Blood Bath spell!

Current Expansions:

T1:

Gorowyn:

[Mon Jan 01 20:07:56 2018] You resist the High Vizier's Charm spell!
    [Sat Jan 06 19:54:59 2018] You resist the High Vizier's Explosion spell!

T2:

Vault 2.0:

[Mon Jan 22 20:46:02 2018] You resist the Panic spell!

T3:

Hoshkar:

[Sun Feb 25 20:03:09 2018] You resist the Massive Cloud of Frailty spell!

I only listed 1 of each type of spell that I could find a resist for in my logs, not the total number of times it was resisted.

Also, with the expansions having a few charming mobs and a large number of sarnak with the spell:

[49985] Sarnak Reflection
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    1: Increase Chance to Reflect Spell by 25% with up to 100% Damage
    Reflects %1% of spells cast.

Resisting my own spells as well as other player spells was numerous.

So to summarize, as a guild leader, our application includes DoN progression and MPG trials, because both are still viable in today's raid game.

I have used the heroic toon ability on 110 toons just for the AT actually =p
    svann likes this.
  15. High Voltage Augur

I am ok with that.
    My question was if there is a noticable difference between two toons with different resist stats in those situations.
    Out of curiousity, do you get hit by those spells/abilities sometimes, or are you basically immune to them?

Have to admit I couldn't figure how the sarnak self buff would count in here.
  16. Allayna Augur

Sarnak reflection? It’s a spell reflect, so I’m stunning my mob and I could end up stunning myself.....but thankfully, due to higher resist caps, I don’t!

I do see a zerker death or two to it from dicho though. /grin
    High Voltage likes this.
  17. High Voltage Augur

This just tells you have no answer to the real question. Thanks for trying.
  18. Allayna Augur

No. Scientifically speaking I’d need an alt Paladin, maxed AA in the exact same gear WITHOUT DoN or MPG done and raid with it...to compare apples to apples.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  19. Lianeb Augur

I think he was pointing out your bandwagon comment from foru*quest that everything current is unresistable when in fact it isn't. Maybe you dont resist more because your resists are not higher?

I have tanked high vizir in gorowyn raid end to end and resited every charm while using my warrior epic (20% chance to resist detrimental) is there a way to prove that click buff caused it? Probably not. But i think it helps and havent seen many do it that dont click it.

But read on the boards and you will find that the warrior epic click is worthless. I say otherwise
    I also wonder how many warriors are using war cry to stop the fear spells on thier groups in some recent raids.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  20. Funk Augur

Way to show those true colors. You're just a social butterfly aren't you.

It's not worth their time to test something to appease you, either you maximize your character (which includes DoN progression) or you choose not to. Some guilds require maximization of ones main to be considered. I'd say the majority of hard core players will agree regardless of any testing you might as well get +50 to your resist cap.