AA Autogrant Phinny

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Verile, May 2, 2018.

1. Verile New Member

Will GoD AAs be autogranted with TSS release?
  2. MaxTheLion Augur

Hush little baby, don't say a word, sometimes good things come when the pot's not stirred. The more you remind them of things that probably shouldn't be, we'll end up with nothing like the dead sea.
    Dythan and doah like this.
  3. XYZero New Member

4. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

5. Thisname New Member

6. Kegwell Lurker since '99

don't ask, don't tell is a good policy!
  7. Nolrog Augur

That's actually an interesting question. I thought PoP didn't autogrant until TSS, but we seem to have gotten that with the release of PoR. So now I'm not sure if we'll get GoD.

I thought GoD was auto-granted with SoF, but then again, I thought PoP were auto-granted with TSS, so who the heck konws.
  8. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Ya, I'm waiting for a dev to clarify all that to correct our site. Perhaps Ngreth or Prathun can help us out in that area, please? :)
  9. Machentoo Augur

It seems that they inadvertently flagged PoR as an aa granting expansion. Maybe someone meant to click the tss checkbox and missed, or maybe they clicked an extra box and we'll get more autogrant in tss. Impossible to know till we get there unless the devs clarify.
  10. Numiko Augur

People were quoting the rules as they were for Vulek and Fippy, but lots has changed since then and no dev ever published what the auto AA rules were going to be for the newest servers, so really it's anyone's guess.
  11. Machentoo Augur

They did publish what the rules were going to be, in one of the FAQ's:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ire-poll-results-and-beta-information.220107/

However, they got the number wrong in the faq. It was 4 expansions on Fippy and Vulak, not 2. And so far until we hit PoR, that is exactly how it has worked on Phinny--4 expansions back, skipping the non-aa granting expansions.

Autogrant was set up in Feb 2014, and Fippy/Vulak were in SoF at the time. So this is the first time a server has unlocked PoR since they implemented autogrant, it was probably just flagged incorrectly when they set it up in 2014.
  12. Darchon_Xegony Augur

They should just make it grant anything other than the most recent two expansions regardless of whether those expansions have AAs.

TLPs have a tough time adding new people after they've progressed a few expansions. Lets make it easier for anyone looking to join a server later Players who actively play on these servers don't need it as they get these AAs as they play through each expansion.
  13. Ryak Augur

Are there any stretches of two non-aa granting expansions in a row? It would be silly to autogrant every available AA if that were the case.

To me, it kind of sounds like they intended for it to be 2 AA granting expansions later and it was incorrectly behaving as 4, so they took the opportunity with PoR to move it one step closer to their intended behavior.
  14. Numiko Augur

While this is true, there are so many errors, omissions and outright head scratching comments strewn though all the FAQ's for these servers its hard to take anything they say as gospel.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  15. Darchon_Xegony Augur

LoY and LDoN if you want to count them but they are before Autogrants go in which is DoDH.

PoR and TBS are the only expansions other than LoY and LDoN that don't have AAs after Luclin when AAs were introduced.
  16. Machentoo Augur

So far, it's worked exactly the way expected/described (4 expansions back skipping non-aa expansions) for every expansion on Fippy, Vulak, and Phinigel--except for PoR. It seems far more likely that PoR giving autogrant aa's is a mistake than that the devs have introduced some new system without telling us.

But, I've been wrong once already this week so who knows!
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  17. superman Augur

so when will they autogrant for ragefire? just started over there and thought i was gonna get luclin's with oow.....
  18. Catashe Augur

Phinny got Luclin in DoDh.. So you got awhile
  19. Nolrog Augur

DoN. . . technically. They had the quested AAs but not buyable.
  20. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

I am curious about this as well. Would be nice for some kind of confirmation either way.