Live Update Bugs 4/18/18

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Kolani Augur

The tradeskilled weapon ornamentations are no trade after being fired now.
  2. svann Augur

In the eok prince event, if you take an Alchemist's Torch and put it on a hotkey it does not keep it on the hotkey when you use it up and get another. You have to remake the hotkey with the new one. First time doing torches for the event so maybe Im not understanding something but it seems to me that once you make a hotkey it should keep it hotkeyed when you get a new one.
  3. Siny Augur

Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  4. wickedlittlewoodelf New Member

BPM stuck in Neriak. Can you punt him to Rathe, please? FV server & thanks.

Edit: Added server name.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yup. This will change to atunable.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  6. wickedlittlewoodelf New Member

Thanks for the fix! He has moved on to Rathe Mtns!
  7. Imak Augur

Not a newly introduced bug by any means, in fact many years old:

The Jaggedpine potamides utilize a contact proc called Bewildering Dementia. Least I infer its a contact proc because logs have zero indication of a spell being cast. Anyway, when the effect hits you (its a fear effect = you lose control!) player warps to the center of the forest area. Happens every time. Extremely annoying trying to complete Hunter Achs and having to run back across the zone over and over and over again.

Rather than get into the mess of modifying pathing, perhaps consider changing the effect to a stun or mez or something that won't cause the predictable cross-zone warping.
  8. fransisco Augur

I've started locking up and having the game crash when attempting to zone into the guild hall again.
    This only happens when no one is in the guild hall (And hasn't been that day yet). So possibly there is no existing instance of the zone.
  9. Skecpa Journeyman

CotF HA "The King's Court" third step "Bribe a member of the Dreadguard" will not update. The Heavy Sack of Gold has been handed to every guard in the room. All guards except 1 have attacked and been killed. The last guard remaining does not attack or say anything, he just hands back the sack of gold and the task does not update. This attempt had "Loot journals from guests and nobles within the palace 0/4 (Neriak - Fourth Gate)" as the second step

Did the HA again, got same step for #3 and it completed this time. Step two was "Gather reports from the queen's spies within the palace 0/3 (Neriak - Fourth Gate) "
  10. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I beg to differ.
    While it occurs much less frequently now, housing losses still happen. Well, at least happened on AB well after the supposed "fix".
    My last house-loss was from MAR (that i haven't petitioned yet; i had my trophies moved to a different one) this year. And that was after having had to petition two or three times for the same thing since the supposed "fix".
    My guess would be that the chat-lag we suffer has something to do with it, perhaps some timeout or whatever, since housing losses tended to occur mostly when the server suffered from minute-long chat-lag. Might have been just coincidence too, but well...

What's more, one of my chars has an eviction crate in his parcel that he cannot retrieve because of some duplicate lore-item - and another has a shared bank container in his parcel with the same problem.
    It's unfortunate that one cannot tell just exactly which lore-item is preventing the retrieval - but that's not exactly a "bug" i guess.
    Or is it?
  11. Qbert Gallifreyan

If you inspect the eviction crate, there is a button on the item window that spits out the contents of the crate into your chat window. Not ideal, but you can identify which is the offending item that way.
  12. Qbert Gallifreyan

When the find window first went live, there was a minor bug that caused the reset button to only be clickable on the lower margin of the button. That was resolved.

Since the changes in this last patch (possibly to the borders of windows?) the modified/unmodified button on item windows has the same issue of only being able to click on the bottom margin. I only now and ever have used the default ui, in case that matters.
  13. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Yes, that works from inventory but i think not from parcel?
    At any rate, the container from the shared bank slot on the other character does not have such a button.
    I think this dates back to the time when EQ did not check parcels for lore items - and the "offending" items in parcel come from by many-year-long break still.
  14. Angahran Augur

This is an old bug, but annoying, and there is a ticket for it in the eq ticket system, but highlighting it here also.
    Can someone please fix the psychic NPCs!

I'm sure everyone has seen this if they look at their log files.

You will see an NPC's response to a players conversation appearing BEFORE the player speaks.

e.g:
    NPC Bob says, "Hello Fred, I have a [Quest] for you if you are interested"
    Fred says, Hail Bob
    NPC Bob says, "This is a difficult quest, not for the faint of heart. Are you a [brave] adventurer?""
    Fred says, tell me about this Quest
    NPC Bob says, "I know you were brave when I first saw you"
    Fred says, I am Brave

you get the idea...
  15. segap Augur

Rogue's discipline Ragged Edge occasionally does not last its full duration. This has been happening since RoS release.

Searching through two week's of log files, the early fades were always immediately preceded by either a Shaman alliance heal (you have been healed by an ancient alliance) or by Shawl 3.0 Brell's Power proc (You are soothed and strengthened by Brell's Aloe Balm. You have been healed for 814 points). Every time it fades early, it's at exact multiples of 6 seconds from when it was activated. Most frequently at 6 or 12 seconds, but I've seen a couple at 36. Full duration with Durus Faycite Shard: Ragged Edge Discipline should be 66 seconds. When it ends normally, there's usually a couple seconds of deviation from the 6 second tick multiple. The ones that do not end early often have the shaman alliance and Brell's procs while active, but not at the 6 second multiples that the early fades do. It's a strange coincidence.

I did not look through enough logs to know if those are indeed the triggers. We also have Rogue's Fury that does not have a fade message. Rogue's Dicho has neither a cast nor a fade message (could we please have that changed?) and could possibly be at play too. Other adps stuff might also lack logging and be causing some sort of stacking issue. I do not recall Razor's Edge having the same issue with fading early.
  16. Varu Journeyman

I put 3 kronos up for sale in the bazaar. When I logged my trader back in the next day, the kronos were gone from my bags, not in my krono slot, and I didn't have any of the platinum for them. I have no idea what would of caused this.

Possibly related? If you buy something out of a stack from a trader, it will show extra items missing from the merchant window. Say you buy 10 items out of a stack of 20, it will show 5 items left in the merchant window. I can't find a pattern for it, it seems completely random what number is shown up in the merchant window after you buy an item out of that stack. If you click buy and choose the quantity, the quantity will show the correct amount but the merchant window is still incorrect. This seems to only be an issue with bazaar traders and not npc merchants.
  17. Zhaunil_AB Augur

The last patch introduced a "visual bug" with kronos, in that the lower right number showing the amount of kronos you have is missing. Be sure to (left-)click on the Krono-symbol/"button" itself. An "amount" slider should pop up; you can cancel the pickup with ESC of course.
  18. Allayna Augur

Maybe I missed it in the 12 pages....but a response from a Dev regarding Old Man Mckenzie Raid being busted would be appreciated.

Any fix in the works?

The Naggy Raid doesn't spawn the King or surrounding mobs, making the raid unable to be completed.
  19. Varu Journeyman

They hotfixed that. The krono slot in my inventory is fine. I had kronos in my trader's satchel and put them up for sale in the bazaar. The slot in my bag where they were was empty when I logged on the next day. I got no sold message for them, I didn't get any of the platinum for them, and they were not in the krono slot in the inventory.
  20. Ranpha Augur

Seems that:

/useitem aegis of superior divinity

Does not work. Any reason why?