Warlord’s Grasp

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Krool, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Bigstomp Augur

Warlords grasp is broken (and I assume other tank equivalents if they have them are also broken)

It already stopped grasping things that weren't trivial, now it doesn't even work for aggro lock on anything useful.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

Warlords grasp used to lock aggro and pull mobs. Then it changed to pulling nothing and just being an aggro lock. Then it changed to doing nothing.
  3. fransisco Augur

This is disingenuous and miss-leading at best...

Warriors and SKs both have a version of Undivided Affirmation:
    Unyielding Attention at 107 for warriors
    Unyielding Acrimony at 108 for SKs
    All 3 have a 10 minute recast.

As for gravitate/pull abilities: SKs are the only one who saw an upgrade in RoS (but not for lvl cap)
    Divine call - paladin (pulls blue mobs towards the paladin and increases agro by 8k). 10 min reuse
    Hate's attraction - SK (pulls blue mobs towards the SK And increases agro by 20K) 45sec reuse
    Warlords Grasp - Warrior (pulls blue mobs towards War and increases agro by 5K and if 110 or lower, locks agro). 45sec reuse

Warriors started this with 2 agro lock abilities (do they have more?) and now are down to one for even+ mobs. Attempting to draw ANY parity between war/sk and paladins in this comparison is laughable.
    It also nicely ignores how much lower agro most paladin abilities are compared to SK/War. And no, I don't think War/SK need nerfs. Paladins need to be boosted to equal agro levels.
  4. Wulfhere Augur

Francisco, how are my simple statements of fact about the spells upsetting to you? The extra details you provide don't refute anything I wrote.

You mentioned Hate's Attraction. That is a SK ability that works differently (spdat 381) then Warlord's Grasp and the Undivided lines that use spdats 424 and 444. So I didn't feel the need to mention it in this context.
  5. Wulfhere Augur

The spells haven't changed Bigstomp. We've just out leveled them. Pull caps at (level -1) so you would always see that fail on even and higher con mobs. Taunt caps at 110 (AA) or 115 (tome) depending.

The long reuse tomes have received upgrades for all three tanks as I mentioned. The short reuse warrior/SK AA have not received upgrades in RoS.
  6. fransisco Augur

Earlier in the thread it was stated that paladins do not have an equivalent ability to warlords grasp. Your post went on to imply that they did.
    I laid out the extra detail to show what you said was not true.
  7. sojero One hit wonder

Lolz, your still on with this. I think you need to learn to paladin better!
  8. Wulfhere Augur

Okay well I'm not implying it. I'm stating it as a fact. Paladin has an ability that uses the same spell effects as Warlord's Grasp with a 10 minute reuse.

The degree of effect (aggro reduction of others) is weaker (then WG) for the paladin that is true. Having a variation of an ability counts towards having the ability, is my point to Seldom.
  9. fransisco Augur

Should I tell you to SK better if Paladins suddenly had better AE agro than SKs, a better damage mod than SKs (66% vs 100% currently), every agro ability did more than an SK (currently opposite).

No where do I say paladins are not functional. Simply that SKs have significant numerical advantages with agro and damage. In exchange, people say paladins have a splash heal/cure which is like an alliance. Raid only.
  10. sojero One hit wonder

If my class could do the job without issue and I was asking for boosts cause I couldn't, then yes you could tell me to SK better. Also, I don't think we share the same definition of significant.

We could go back and forth all day on this, but I will say it again, Pally better if you are having issues, if not, choose your words better.

If you need help you can /t rathe.gokulot (hes so gonna hate me for this :cool: )
  11. p2aa Augur

Paladin aggro is very good since the very big boost in RoS, and in line with other tanks. Requires you to use the best aggro spell available, but it's the same for the others tank classes. No one has easy aggro mode power anymore.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  12. Warpeace Augur

BIG boost 15% agro mod added to Preservation line that is short duration and has counters that get eaten causing it to fade before the 5 min 17.

Yep great frigging place:rolleyes:
    fransisco likes this.
  13. p2aa Augur

You didn't get this ?
    Refute for Honor : 79005 (5 ticks of 14221 each + 7900) hate produced on a mob in 30 sec, recast time 1,5 sec.
    It's one of the highest amount of all short recast hate ability of all the 3 tank class.
  14. Warpeace Augur

15. Tucoh Augur

fransisco and Krool like this.
  16. Tucoh Augur

Come on devs, help me out.

[IMG]
    Krool likes this.
  17. Zarzac Augur

SK Mindless hatred went from level+5 to level+3 now down to blues only this expansion. It would be nice to see it put back up to level +5.
  18. p2aa Augur

Sadly given nothing has been done, it seems to be an intended nerf rather than a bug.
  19. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

What has happened too many times with ROS, is that DBG has listened to literally one or two "l33t warriors" who say that warlords grasp was for "@#$#$ tanks." I can name names and guilds of the guilty...but why really? I just unfollowed their twitch stream after letting them know what I thought of them :)
  20. Maedhros High King

Cool story bro.
    Brohg likes this.