suspension?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lethalys, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Yeah, I’m sure your social schedule is just packed to the brim.

The legacy of Hurturanus Criesalot and his bold strategem will live for all time!
  2. Laronk Augur

The biggest thing I think is the OP told the other guy he was semi afk then the other guy was a jerk and reported him.

In 99% of cases the people who get suspended for afk are reported by other players first. If someone "contests" your camp and you're going to be mostly afk I'd just leave rather than be reported
  3. Aurastrider Augur

While I agree you don't need this item and trying to obtain every item in game is not something the average person is going to be able to do but to say its just stats neglects the whole basis of an xp based game. Levels are just stats, gear is just stats, the majority of AA's in this game are just stats. Heck even spells and not just buffs but damage spells are just stats if you think about it (damage spells are negative stats for those that they land on).

For me progressing to 350 goes beyond just the evolution of the artisan's prize because I am an actual crafter and have been for nearly two decades in this game. I have nine toons with a minimum of 300 in all the base tradeskills plus fully evolved trophies. I also have a master tinkerer, alchemist, poison crafter and researcher. I enjoy crafting and for the most part I even enjoy farming my mats but this process creeps into the realm of insanity.

I have encountered more afk people in the last 6 months than I have in the last 19 years. Never once have I reported them because I have empathy for them. I understand that not everyone actually enjoys this process and at times even I find it to be a little boring. As stated even at times I am guilty of afk killing for a round if I am not fast enough getting back to one of my toons before a respawn. I would hope there is a little more thought and investigation into punishment before they just pull the trigger. I imagine on their end they can see if a person has moved, how long they have actually been logged in, if they have actually performed any actions or if it has just been their pet or merc killing for hours on end without a single action from the actual player. Even if I have no reason to cast a spell because my pet will just down all the mobs at a camp I still try to move my toon to round them all up and even then I am usually casting some form of AE spell to down them as fast as possible so I can switch over to my next toon and do it all over again. If a GM investigated me I would probably be suspended because I don't even pay any attention to tells on my box toons. Its not natural for me to look at that screen ever on them since everyone I interact with in game knows to send tells to my main toon. If I see someone in the zone I will try to pay more attention to chat on a box toon when they are farming but otherwise its not something I am every concerned with.
  4. Sindaiann Augur

That hurt in my heart hole.

Let me know when you all finally beat RoS, I'll be busy with my social schedule so leave me a PM
    IblisTheMage, EnchFWO and Sancus like this.
  5. Sindaiann Augur

Better than me. Kudos to you.

I also just realized my phone auto corrected your name to Circlee......name change in the future??
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I would sir, but your PM box is likely full from all them social schedule shenanigans, eh?

And we ignorant scrubs that aren’t in the top 10 are clearly out of the big boye leagues anyway. #NotWorthy
  7. Numzan Augur

Its been a joke since well before your account was in the forum. So i think ill keep it thanks for informing me of it.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  8. hellohello123 Lorekeeper

If a pet kill an exp mob without any input from the player, the game has bigger problems.
  9. Sindaiann Augur

I have a special folder specifically for you called "ignorant scrubs."

I'll make sure to make some room in there for you to "warp" right in.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Cool.

I’ll file it under my “pointless crying over trivial things” folder accordingly, with a cc for the “making things up” folder to boot.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  11. Zebrn Journeyman

n/m not worth it. Too much crying.
  12. Siddar Augur

Bummer it does sound like you got suspended for being afk. It sound like you got suspended for zone disruption. Shame you weren't clear at that in original post. Shame that so many have rush to conclusion that you were afk killing. My only advice is to only mass kill in a zone, if there is no one else in that zone.
  13. EnchFWO Augur

This post is so bipolar that it makes me feel like I'm reading in the TLP forums. :confused:

On Live... the only reason people get suspensions slapped on them is because of petty kweens reporting people doing the exact same thing they were going to do except they were late to the party. It's rare, but it happens. Really a right place, wrong time scenario. Instead of the 999 other trivial (likely TS) camps the person could do they feel entitled to petition you so they can take it.

Some of y'all playing EQ: Ratchet edition. :rolleyes:
  14. seber Augur

way go dev suspend all the afk kill you can plzz.................................
  15. EnchFWO Augur

/report Seber :p
  16. High Voltage Augur

None of the pros is watching his screen. The sofware in use will redirect tells to/from whatever mobile device you want. So the botter might be in a different room, house, state, country or on a different continent than his computer and is still as likely to answer than some semi-afk casual. And if you answer the tell within a reasonable time (without openly stating you are semi-afk as op appearently did) there will no action be taken.

On Vox, despite being a ghost town like many servers, there are various picks of FM with most relevant camps farmed by autobots. Some run 24/7, others work only half-day. Compared to the numbers in general chat, I think it's save to say 1/3 of the population on the server is automated toons on average.
    You can get a good feel for it when you do the Wurmslayer quest. When Gerald runs off, he goes through two camps and will soon be chased by two toons trying to pull him to their respective "group". One must really be blind to not see what's going there. So obviously db doesn't care and thinking they are doing something about it is just naive.
    DB needs revenue in order to run the game, by digging for chase loot and selling it for krono botters probably create enough income to justify the loss of integrity, at least from the companies perspective.

tl;dr Them suspending people for afk-pet-killing while others run a business within the game by autobotting multiple groups is a farce.
    Schadenfreude likes this.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

WOW.
  18. Sissruukk Rogue One

Robots in disguise are taking over EQ.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  19. Millianna Augur

The joys of EQ...

Just go around reporting anyone who looks AFK killing stuff. Since DBG isn’t verifying anything, they are bound to suspend people who weren’t AFK.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.