Live Update Bugs 4/18/18

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Audio trigger volume is now tied to Sound Volume.

I want the audio triggers without hearing grunts/swings/etc please revert this.
    Somnium Wintersun, Powerful and Yinla like this.
  2. Zhaunil_AB Augur

The bug is with the "button" in the inventory window.
    It is there, and you can consume kronos through it (as well as CTRL+leftclick pick up single ones etc), but it does not show the total number available in the lower right as it used to.
    It might just be a size issue (that the label moved off-button so to speak) or it might be a change to the EQType, whatever - i did not check that XML yet for more on a "why", but it's not displaying correctly atm.
    If you left-click the "button" (right-click will let you consume, in my case with a confirmation window, but you can maybe turn that check off so be careful!) you get the popup "amount" frame with the slider and the total number you currently have.

There are no more nor less than i had before (and most likely the two were there before and you forgot about them), but the number not showing anymore is dangerous.
  3. Orbital101 Augur

Hunter of the Tower of Frozen Shadow as 2x a large undead gnoll.
  4. Whipper Journeyman

Agreed...I tried a lot to get the number to show up to no avail. This is a pretty serious bug, hopefully it doesn't take more than a day or two to get fixed and they can hotfix it maybe. Everything else seems to be working fine since the servers came up besides that, for me at least.
  5. Nolrog Augur

I had no extra krono either. Each account had the same number as before the patch.

Something I noticed though, the sound seems to be a bit screwy. My spell casting sounds are not working right now, and the overall volume seems to be low even when I turn all 3 sliders all the way up to 100%.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Journey to Qenoys - given by V`Lynn Renloe in Plane of Knowledge.

Tells me to give my Note About Your First Trial to Te`Anara but when I do she returns it to me, doesn't update the quest and does not give me my druid bracer.
  7. Slamg New Member

Used a server transfer token and no window pop..

Tries /servertransfer, didn't work either. No windows, no hints.
  8. Durnkenfists New Member

There is a bug with bags on hotbars. I use my last bag for clickies, and i have another bag higher up on in my inventory slot, same name/slots. When zoning the bag on my hotbar is changed to the first bag in my inventory. Anyone else notice this?
  9. Malbro Augur

I went through the entire quest on my alt, Malbeth, and now I find my extruded black pearl is gone. This is ridiculous.
  10. Frustrated New Member

Can't get into The Hills are Alive on Bristlebane
  11. Sindaiann Augur

Ran Dinner Party this morning for the alts - first table item updated the task - Phancy Drumstick in front of Enchanter

Drumstick was found in the bedrooms

Would not update the murder room or murderer on correct info = fail

Going to run it a second time in 40mins once lockout is up
  12. Malsidious New Member

I can't even launch the game. Gives me an error message.

Unable to launch C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Everquest F2P/eqgame.exe - 740: The requested operation requires elevation.
  13. CrazyLarth Augur

Tuesday I logged on an older 85 ranger toon and moved to from one side of the Brother Island so I can test access to the next-ed locked zone The Lost Castle while raising my Foraging skill but after the patch this toon was refunded over 600 AA and reset the foraging 200/500 foraging was reset since Forage was one of the AA's. I did not see any thing in the patch notes about AA for Rangers this patch and I would of though if this from an older patch I would of saw these changes Tuesday!
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Confirmed. I'll look into this.
    I don't understand what you are reporting here. There is not enough information.
  15. Cravex New Member

Missing entire characters on Coirnav. Ticket submitted.
  16. Sindaiann Augur

It used to be that in the beginning after you turned in the invitation, spoke with the guests and Melion that you could use the food off the table and when you received the update that indicated the murderer (food in front of class) and you just needed to find the room with that food to know the murder room.

Is this not intended anymore?

The problem is if you turn in the food in the beginning from the table, after turning in the invitation+speaking with the guests+speaking with melion, it updates like you used the correct food but clearly it isn't. Both times I just ran this task the first food I turned in from the table in the beginning updated my task like it was correct.

1st time - Phancy Drumstrick = Enchanter = Bedroom
    2nd time - Phancy Turkey = Bard = Labratory

After obtaining the 4 mob drops and returning and turning these in, it prompts the ability to dictate the murder room which if you use the information above from the food, the script prompts you like you are incorrect.

Am I missing something?
  17. Shadows Journeyman

When I window out of the game, I turn off sound and rely on audio triggers to alert me to tells and other messages I might want to see even though I'm windowed out -- without having to listen to environmental sounds, especially if I'm watching a movie or something.

+1 to "please revert this".
  18. Lianeb Augur

The patch notes indicate that turning in the wrong food item creates a fail for getting the bonus loot. You now have to collect the proofs and compare class usable on them to determine the murderer, then determine rhe food in front of them to determine the room. Turning in food from the table is now not an option unless you are extremely lucky
    Sindaiann likes this.
  19. Sindaiann Augur

Gotcha

Be nice then if they just removed the ability to update the task off the table food then
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Lianeb is correct.
    You have to actually solve the murder now, not turn in food until you get the correct answer. It will only take the first food, and if it is wrong, it is noted (internally) as wrong, and you can continue the quest, but will not be noted as a "Good investigator."

So using the table to make a guess is a 1 in 8 chance. Finding the clues to determining the murder from the clues, then knowing the murder, and using the food to find the correct room is the way to get credited as a "good investigator." (As Lianeb correctly states.)
    Eaiana and Ryak like this.