Extruded Black Pearl removed

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fishlips_Jones, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnchFWO Augur

The fact you are even comparing those two quests to each other speaks worlds.I'm more than happy to link you the tasks on EQResource since you apparently forgot the difference between the two.

Also... acting like the new aug isn't going to last YEARS (like the last charm aug) is just silly... and even when another charm aug comes along people will still be using this one in another slot.

Please carry on though!
    Andarriel likes this.
  2. kizant Augur

I don't think they said that the charm aug won't be good for years. They just said that the stein is way more useful, which is true. Even if the aug had 5x better stats than it does the stein would still be far more useful.
  3. Bamboompow Augur

4. EnchFWO Augur

And that's also completely class dependent so... I could see the argument of usefulness on the stein either way but again, people are comparing (intended) difficulty of getting the aug vs. stein. The aug cheez literally required killing one mob. The stein at least required someone going thru the task and anyone participating to have some sense of coordination other than auto-attack.

Regardless, people are just coming up with literally any ammunition to justify exploiting the aug mission to suit their own needs. Spin it whatever way you want to... the aug cheez was explicitly stated as unintended and any person with common sense would know that 5 minutes for 6 augs was beyond obvious not intended. The fact that people in top 10 raiding guilds are even arguing otherwise is beyond comical.
  5. Sindaiann Augur

I hear Season 2 of Westworld is coming out.

Maybe time spent watching/rewatching Season 1 would of been better spent than crying on these forums....

******gasp******
  6. EnchFWO Augur

Blasphemy. We all know reading the spoilers for season 2 before it is released is totally not an exploit.
  7. GoatMonkey New Member

Getting the stein only requires getting the task and then repeating a few lines in abysmal.
  8. kizant Augur

I guess the real issue is not everyone knows the shortcuts for some of these other anniversary quests.
  9. EnchFWO Augur

Thank you for pointing out the even more sploity version as I thought you had to actually have someone at that step to do the lines in Abysmal!
    kizant likes this.
  10. segap Augur

1) Create hotkeys for everyone in the group (easy to cut and paste to the character files) and place on an unused page on hotbar1
    2) Request task (might have to drink a few things first)
    3) Port everyone to the right zone
    4) throw a bottle at the bard
    5) Wait for each verse
    6) Quickly hit the same hotkey on 6 keyboards to trigger the correct social
    7) Collect 6 steins

It was more trivial than getting the augs. No need to even kill something. Just having to travel to Dreadspire to get to the bat was more work than getting the stein.

If I recall correctly, I believe one of the developers during either the 15th or 16th anniversaries made a comment about how the bonus items did not require you to complete the task. They're welcome to change their minds on such things as they create new content, but there was some precedent.

I'm not upset about losing my aug. I do think they should have done it sooner though and given people more time to do it the way they intended. The mission has less than a month left live and I will likely need to replace 22 or so augs. I'm looking at having to run this once per day. Not fun. Running it once isn't fun to begin with, but being bogged down having to pretty much do nothing but this for 22 days...
  11. EnchFWO Augur

So basically instead of running the actual mission with your box crew(s) all of those times you cheez'd for 22ish augs and now you're not 'complaining' but you are complaining you now have to do this for 22 days to replace them... Given your argument how the stein is SOOOOO much more valuable than the aug, your post seems a bit drama-ish about getting your 22 toons the aug again (since it's not that important). I'm guessing they all have the stein.

You had a months notice, a hotfix a few weeks in, and multiple dev posts plus test patch notes a month later about this.
  12. Mahlhavoc New Member

DB is just fair, like penalizing guilds who tore apart the Cactus raid for HUGE gains and got a whole 2 week vacation after exploiting to get their entire guilds RK3 RoS spells and a VERY large amount of gear for said guild/guilds. Remind me again, did they take all that stuff back as well? o_O

But yeah, I agree, for that exploit on this anniversary raid, well played taking it back and shame on those who think they should keep it, must be a bunch of whiners or trolls /rollseyes
  13. svann Augur

I had to drink a lot of really bad dwarf ale for that task.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  14. segap Augur

I took the warning from Ngreth as a stop doing this. When nothing else happened after the following patch, I assumed they treated it the same as with the Golden Helm of Rallos Zek which was obtained by many simply through a taskadd chain before they patched it.

I accept responsibility for cheesing it. My gripe is not in losing it, it's in the timing.
  15. Draxel New Member

So i am certainly a bit disappointed i lose my augs. Yes i didnt complete the mission or quest but i paid for my augs with my hard earned platinum and unlike many of you i dont have tons of that to spare. Only started playing Live a few months ago, highest lvl toon 92. So what about the millions of plat people made selling all those exploited augs? So the good folks get #^$%ed and the exploiters lose augs to but get to keep the plat? wtf?

Not ftp either. I pay monthly sub! Why doesnt it show on avatar?
  16. yosco Augur

What content? The devs took old school dreadspire, upped the mob difficulty, added some buggy, quest handins, and called it good. There was zero actual creativity or uniqueness about it.
  17. yosco Augur

Then maybe DBG should fix the exploits with missions that have existed since scaleable instances were introduced into everquest YEARS ago.
  18. segap Augur

If you're talking about being able to do things out of order, that would break many missions without a lot of work of locking parts of zones, or changing some mobs to not spawn until their step. If you go in to many HAs without reading a step by step guide, you'd risk clearing things early and not being able to complete later steps when the time comes. It's more a feature to prevent things from breaking and wasting people's time.
  19. Grig-zek New Member

I'm paraphrasing someone else on these forums who said it first, but the quest actually makes more sense lore-wise doing it the 'exploit' way.

Think about it: you're asked to find a murderer, someone who killed one of the dinner guests. You use clues and searching to identify them, the scene of the crime, and then exact justice upon the killer.

Now, doing it the 'intended way', in order to find the murderer who killed one dinner guest you have to go and kill ~50 more guests (and destroy a bunch of property along the way)..

In what way does that make sense?
    Fohpo likes this.
  20. Zalamyr Augur

It sounds like they made it easier, so whatever, shouldn't be that hard to redo.

With that said, I'm legitimately curious which part of that is an exploit. Poorly designed? Sure. But I don't see the exploit.

Doing HA steps out of order has always been possible and was never considered an exploit.
    Using an eye of zomm to scout certainly isn't an exploit.
    Getting bonus rewards without finishing the mission has always been possible and was never considered an exploit before.

I feel like the devs make crap, don't test it, players find unintended (but well within the bounds of legal gameplay) ways to do it, devs get upset that players don't follow their intended paths. Exploiting is using clear bugs to cheat gameplay. Nothing listed above is a clear bug. The bonus rewards thing might be, but the devs have never stated as such so there's no way for players to know. If's well within their powers to code the mission to not allow the boss to spawn until the mission is finished. If that's how they wanted it ran, they should have made it that way.

Since it doesn't seem like anybody got banned, there's no reason to cry too loud. But still devs, test your crap better. If you want it ran a certain way, design it so it can only be ran that way. This whole thing would have been avoided if the mission had just hit test first.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.