Extruded Black Pearl removed

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fishlips_Jones, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fohpo Augur

Or you could spend an afternoon farming and make enough plat to buy a krono
  2. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

That's just stupid thinking.... using a kroon for anything other that overcharging people for crap that don't need.
  3. Fohpo Augur

Yeah, what was I thinking
  4. Gnomeland Augur

You realize, people who raid and pay, can also have free to play characters...?

This isn't hard to understand. Bait and switch is wrong; and in case this is an actual mistake then they should own up to it and compensate players for not telling them earlier.

The issue is not making raid equipment subscription only. The issue is not telling people you're going to do it but haven't done it yet for a class of equipment that was allowed to sit in the game for six months.

Nobody would have a big issue with it, had they just said, five or six months ago, hey guys we made a mistake making phlogiston equipment free to play. Keep that in mind when you make them.

Instead they allowed it to sit in the economy for six months before making a change out of no where that completely destroys its value to free to play players.
  5. HeatherPurrs Augur

Excuse me but did anyone else see that the mission now only drops ONE delicious breakfast spread per fun... Seems vindictive to me.
  6. Fohpo Augur

Haven't most of the anniversary rewards been one per run? I'm convinced you're just a rubble rousing troll.
    Thunderkiks and HeatherPurrs like this.
  7. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

This was told to you last week!

So yo had 6-7 days to farm plat or buy a Krono...

Better yet! I would honestly like to see the number of people who had RAID diamonds on a free to play account... Hard numbers. And now FV played accounts, they aren't real people and should not be talked about.
  8. HeatherPurrs Augur

Do you like making me cry! Do you!
  9. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Only vindictive only because I was almost done doing this crap when someone tripped over the extension cord and dumped power... Or forgot to add gas to the generator!
  10. Bamboompow Augur

Correct me if I am wrong:

1) The changes were on Test.
    2) The proposed changes on Test were made public.
    3) There was ample warning before hand.
    4) The "Ample Warning" consisted of weeks of ample warning.
    5) Changes on Test are frequently as of a result of issues known to the player community.
    6) Reading these boards might give some clues (sometimes very few) as to what is to come.

So basically those who cheated knew they were cheating and had plenty of time to fix their situation or face a penalty. The fix was mainly by running the mission again and actually finishing it. IE:, Doing what was required to earn their reward. Some might argue that the mission was too hard to start with and cheating was the only way to actually get what everyone was after. So its DBG's fault...if you are a snowflake or a cupcake or whatever they call people of that generation that blame everyone but themselves.

Instead we now have the usual backlash when people who half-assafied something face the grim reality of having something they didn't actually earn taken away. Whose fault was that, again?

At least it wasn't the end result of the cactus half-assery. No suspensions this time. Rejoice and be merry!
    Maedhros likes this.
  11. Ruinedmyownlands Elder

I'm wondering how many people who like this change have the horn clicky from past years without doing the full mission too. Where was the outrage over that?
    Fishlips_Jones likes this.
  12. EnchFWO Augur

This is seriously major LOL @ the people complaining their cheese was taken away.

Even better that the vocal ones are the ones who also vehemently peruse the forums daily and have known for a month (at best) or at minimum, a week, that changes were coming and it was stated it was never intended to be awarded for doing essentially nothing. At least if you actually did the mission as a whole group everyone still kept their aug so no one really lost out that deserved it in the first place.*

Please continue looking ridiculous though... I heard it was the new fashion trend for ForumQuest this month. :rolleyes:

*Exception possibly being FV where I don't know what the situation is but that's a whole different can of worms and not the norm.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  13. Bamboompow Augur

No one probably likes having their aug taken away. If there is any knowledge to be taken away from this than its this:
    DBG is not tolerating exploits. Usually most of those exploits fall under the category of the cliche:

"If it seems too good to be true than probably it is."

The horn example? Who knows. If they gave a public announcement that the mission was being changed on Test in that you must complete the mission in the future to qualify for the reward, that might be a clue. Rerunning the mission and finishing the mission might be a good idea. Even if you have to delete the reward from the last go. People knew to do this.
  14. segap Augur

TDS had a crafted tier as well.
  15. EnchFWO Augur

You realize you still actually had to DO the mission in that case even if you bypassed the lockout, right? So this comparison =/= current change where people got 6 augs for 5 minutes of work max.
  16. Thunderkiks Augur

Risk versus reward, the mission originally was much harder. Now you can molo it.
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

This is the way to deal with exploiting. Take away the ill gotten gains, and move on. Heck, even roll back would be ok if it wasn't so messy. Don't mass ban people.
  18. strongbus Augur

ya but you at lest had to do some of the mission not going in hail a few mobs kill one and done
    EnchFWO likes this.
  19. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

What, no one gonna talk about the ways of past to get the (bonus) items from all the past anniversary events? Shall we start a list and then get to re-do them all also!

As we all know this is a hunk of crap way to deal with it. At least we as a community can rally together and join forces to help each other and redeem ourselves and get new pearls...
    Monkman likes this.
  20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

So the people that cheated got their augs taken away?

This is seriously good stuff. Bravo, Daybreak. Thank you for making them shed those delicious tears. :p
    Thunderkiks likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.