- Phlogiston items are now Prestige.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Pwedge, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Pwedge New Member

- Phlogiston items are now Prestige.

Why would you do this? The gear is not rockstar at all. What about the toons that got the gear before you screwed them? Is it going to be the same as the nerfed Heroics? If you did them when it was ok you get to keep the exp / phlogiston as is?
  2. Monkman Augur

Because raid gear should always be prestige. I’m sure it was an oversight from the beginning.
    noclue and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  3. S33k3r Augur

If you already have phlogiston item(s) it will be flagged as prestige so no change to stats except you need all access which I don't think is an issue.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Pwedge New Member

6 months?? oversight? they are not that stupid i would hope.
  5. Monkman Augur

I would say the timing is appropriate for one main reason... guilds in the top 10 are now able to field enough diamonds per clear that they are finally going to alts... I can say that our guild for the past two cycles has yielded enough diamonds to gear several apps while still having extras bid off to alts. It is very doubtful that during January/feb/March many if any raid diamonds went at alt level.

So now would be the time to deal with the prestige tag issue.

As for the “not that great” comment - it’s about ~200/300 h/m/e under current raid gear so yeah I’d say it’s pretty good.
    Shadriel and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  6. S33k3r Augur

All you have to do is look at the patch notes and you can see a number of other things that were corrected/sorted after ~6 months. The following could have easily been spotted/corrected in Beta if there was more time / resources :-

- Ingenious and Savvy Conflagrant Earrings now have the standard recast timer for Geomantra.
    - Corrected errors in the lore and text for Cliff Stone, Scorpikis Worry Stone, Magma Stone, Enchanted Dragon Scale.
    - Added stats, for reference only, to power sources.
    - Changed the required level of all Ring of Scale poisons and components to 106.
  7. Pwedge New Member

i still think they shouldn't screw over the people that have worked for that gear for that reason. are they going to change it back when raid gear starts rotting? no.
  8. Monkman Augur

Are we talking about the same gear? It sounds like you’re talking about the conflagrant (group) armor. Unless you’re on FV and purchased the phlogiston gear for a ftp account... I can’t see this being a big deal. Magelo link for the toon you geared with the phlogiston stuff?
  9. Pwedge New Member

my ench has chest, arms, boots, primary and shield done. magelo not current for him. but i raid and spent plat / time / dkp stuff that they just took away. its only a big deal because i wasted time working on useless gear because they were too stupid to make it right the first time.... (according to the answers i get here.)
  10. Monkman Augur

I still don’t see what you’re complaining about... are you telling me that you raid and are not all access? Phlogiston is the least of your worries.. how about all those augs you can’t use or rk3 spells...
  11. Pwedge New Member

you only have one answer....."pwedge.... go f*** yourself, shut up and accept it."
    Thanks. nice attitude.
  12. Ghubuk Augur

Or maybe subscribe and support the game if you want access to raid gear.
  13. Monkman Augur

What answer would you like? In my opinion ftp players should never have access to the gear that all access players have. It hurts the game plain and simple.
  14. Pwedge New Member

how about you take my 5 items back and give me 10 diamonds and the non-prestege gear i had to make it to put on that toon to put on a toon that is an all access account so i can use them for something.... nope... stuf and you are screwed.
  15. Warpeace Augur

lolz.

Buy some Krono from your servers friendly krack...err Krono dealer.
  16. Tevraii Journeyman

Phlogiston is just a little under dropped raid gear in stats and the OP says it is "not rockstar at all". It's raid gear. I think he is confused.
    svann, Funk and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  17. Monkman Augur

I was just gonna say.. especially with the prices of krono currently you’re actually probably able to farm enough plat for one in a week or two casually selling ros TS mats.
  18. Pwedge New Member

or quit buying junk expansions for my crap toons? sounds more logical to me that way.
  19. Gnomeland Augur

You have to admit, this game has one of the most ridiculous systems for free to play I've ever seen in a game. The fact that they change equipment requirements six months after an expansion release does screw people over, as no one can know before buying, in this case, phlogiston, that it was going to be changed to subscription only. Yes, people who raid, should have a subscription. But it's not like this game's most popular live server is a server where phlogiston diamonds can be bought and sold?

At this stage, you might as well say that the game doesn't have a free to play service instead of pretending that it does.
  20. Ghubuk Augur

Actually, I think the free to play service is FAR more generous than it should be. That should be evident by how many max level toons are f2p.
    noclue likes this.