a month ago the Mask of Monstrosity was fixed...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gubbo, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Gubbo New Member

During the 2/21 patch the Mask of Monstrosity was fixed, changing the illusion from Chill Sight to Ogre Illusion. People who hoard illusions rejoiced!

The mask, I believe, came from POM1.0. Via an old post, "interestingly, especially for you Mac people, Mask of Monstrosity is an item that has no combine in PC servers which comes from PoM based on item numbers. "
    Hard to say if the 'no combine' was a bug that it was forgotten about, or there was another method to receiving the mask.

Allakazam and one person on reddit claimed a guildie found through foraging. Foraging is kind of Zam's "NULL VALUE" answer to everything. Blocking off 24 hours of foraging with 50-skill yielded nothing for me on Agnarr, so I am willing to believe there IS a card combination. I did expand my search to pick pocketing the Ogre named Donk on Agnarr, but nothing but coin was lifted off of him.

Does anyone have more information about this? Does anyone have a number of cards to experiment with on the test server? I would love some feedback.
  2. Dailor Augur

I am the guildie that "foraged" it. IT WAS ALL A LIE.
  3. Goodn Augur

EVERYTHING in Allakhazam will say Foraged in or found in: (and at least one zone...most of the time). The key is the second part of their sentence. Allakhazam is not saying this is acquired by foraging...

I can tell you that the mask does not show up in /buy on Xegony, which fits with your post information (the mask being a Mac server only thing). Finding information in reddit seems like asking a question to toddlers and believing their response.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

This mask didn't exist on AK as far as I'm aware.

The Mac combine differences were an issue with developers not realizing order is irrelevant in combinations. So several of our items like the Crystal Scimitar, shared a combine with an already existing item. They just swapped the order of the cards in the combines, but you couldn't obtain the Scimitar in any way. The items that I'm aware had this issue on Mac were Crystal Hammer, Crystal Scimitar, Great Sword of Bristlebane and Ring of Rememberance.

I don't think the Mask of Monstrosity was this. I played there for a year or two, went to original PoM and no one ever linked or used an ogre illusion item. Other than the two people who had This GM Item. There was one person who live in PoM on AK and they even maxed faction via the stomples foot quest and couldn't find any new quests with ally faction, they also stumbled upon the Mask of the Tundra Walker combine by trying various untested combinations of cards. I imagine they would've found this too if it existed.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I am interested in this.
  6. Gubbo New Member

I think people are forgetting that the ogre illusion mask did NOT exist until the February 2018 update, because it was a chill sight mask. I would have thought monstrosity in the name referenced it being an terrible item. EQ is also known for stealth updates, so a lack of a combine back then might have been fixed as well. Overall, why would they put in patch notes about an update to item's click while the item is impossible to get?

When I get back to POM I'm going to try and pick pocket Bristlebane and any NPC who responds to tells to expand my search. It would be a shame if that method worked because it would exclude bards from the mask.
  7. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

If an item is actually foraged on allakhazam, at the top right of the item information it will say "This item is found by foraging.". The "Foraged in or Found In" for the zone section of the item info is there because foraged items, quest starter zone, drops, purchased items and more all use the same zone database table so the zone section doesn't differentiate, which makes it a catch all. That is why the flagging section at the top exists to tell you if the item is foraged, quested, ground spawn and all that good stuff.

I'll change the zone section to where it's not as confusing.
  8. Gialana Augur

I don't have a problem with the foraged in or found in header. That said, would it work to change the header of that description to just "found in" as a catch-all? Then the other fields which make it clear whether the item is quested, foraged, purchased, a ground spawn, etc. would be the only location which make mention of an item acquisition type.
  9. Nniki Augur