Self-Cooking Steak

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Oakenblade, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Okay devs, answer me this.

How do you have the nerve to call this a "self-cooking steak" when I had to put the ingredients in the oven to cook it?

Furthermore, if it REALLY IS a self-cooking steak, that implies that it doesn't stop cooking (even after I had to cook it, which is BS). So what...it just eventually burns? I have to log in after a hard day of work and find a burnt steak in my bag? REALLY Daybreak???

This is unacceptable and shows how out of touch Daybreak is with their customers.

This may be the last straw. I'm considering cancelling all 37 of my gold accounts. This was a bad move, Daybreak. I've been a paying customer since before I was born.
  2. svann Augur

3. Lianeb Augur

It really looks more like a pork chop also.
  4. Tevraii Journeyman

DBG caters to raiders, group geared has to grill theirs.
    Sancus and Quatr like this.
  5. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

OMG so much this.

I'm tired of being treated like a second-class customer! I demand either I get ten thousand kronos as compensation, or everybody else has their kronos taken away because of, I dunno, balance or fairness or something?
  6. Leigo You come here often?

And what's this crap iron rations aren't really iron!?
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Morbid Journeyman

I haven't been this disappointed since I found out hash browns were made of potatoes.
    Lily likes this.
  8. Leigo You come here often?

/comfort.. I know.. I Know
    Morbid likes this.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

:p
    Read what the book says!
  10. Wuddane Elder

You expect too much
  11. Tlail Elder

Is there any reason, why these (and Succulent Steaks and Lacertilia Steaks) only stack to 20? They are tradeskill components after all ....

Tlail
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Because edibles shouldn't stack to 1000. The few that do are a bug that I'm going to leave be, but I hope not to repeat the bug.
    Bobbybick likes this.
  13. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I'll be the bad guy here, and point out that your decision to not fix this bug is negatively effecting TLP crafting. People are sticking with misty thickets and kaladim drinks for the stacks, rather then moving on to better, more Era effective foods.
  14. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Which are?

Bristlebane Party Platter is the only better food until SoF brings Quarken's ratios. I guess you could argue Bristlebanes Challenge in PoR but almost no one bothered with it. That sort of food should result in a clicky that summons that food. Having to go through all that effort for an extra 75 HP/Mana is absurd.

Juice of Quellious is the only better drink until SoF brings Nostrum and SoD brings Drink of Timeless Enerrgy.

But really, all food and drink should stack to 100.
  15. Karhar Dream Crusher

I'd make the better foods but force feed the cheaper ones np, I use the Drink and Food to force feed.
  16. Horyuken Augur

Look what you started Oak, why does it always have to turn into a progression server discussion!!
    #LIVESERVERSMATTER
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

there's a good reason not to fix the bug. When I set the food to stack to 20, any stack greater than 20 turns to 20. I.E. people lose food and it's not the sort of thing that logs. So there is also no "proof" of what they had.
  18. EnchFWO Augur

If "force feeding" isn't addressed then there really isn't any reason the stack shouldn't be increased now (or in the future since you mention issue with changing current items). It only penalizes people who actually utilize the food as what I'm *assuming* is the "intended" fashion [not forcefeeding].

My 2cp on it but it seems a kindof silly argument for not increasing it when people abuse it by keylinking or hotkeying a 1000 stacking item like pods of water or vegetables.
  19. Boze TLP complaint factory

Bucket of crab legs stacks to 1k; surprised so many folks still use misty thicket picnics honestly. Someone has a bazaar monopoly on the regrua claws, so they aren't exactly cheap, but they're super easy to farm now. There's a couple arguably better foods on Phinny right now (e.g., some of the DoDH foods give 12 to individual resists), but crab legs are the best overall imho without going through the complete insanity that is the BB challenge.

For drinks, Miner's Mud is better (but only stacks to 20, farming steaming water is annoying, and it's only a regular drink, so you go through stacks like crazy even if you're clicking other drinks)
    as well as Darkhollow Constitutional (which I haven't seen anyone make yet; venom components are decently rare and vendor for a good amount)

TBH Ngerth, I think you should just call the large food stacks a QoL change ;). It's soooo nice to not have to deal with finding more food/drink constantly.
  20. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Sorry Ngreth. I honestly don't know whether or not I'm surprised that this thread has turned into this.