Test Update 04/10/18 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Orbital101 Augur

The first 20 times I ran the mission and TAing people I was at a time 2 boxing it for 4 possible TAs in about 1 hrs until I figured I could run my team of 6 and steamroll the mission under 30 minutes if you dont get the second update and prefarm everything... then you can TAs anyone anytime with all 5 proofs knowing the murderer and the room not making anyone wait more then the time it take to do the turn in, hailing and soloing the murderer.
  2. Zhaunil_AB Augur

To my knowledge, that's just 4weapon racks and yes, we "checked" them.
    As i said: ALL mobs and targetable objects were destroyed. (running to each room and corridor, facing about and hitting "toggle nearest NPC which is mapped to a key, not just once but several times and by different ppl - that should have covered any "oversight" )
    Destroying the weaponracks specifically is standard procedure - at the very latest since reading about it on these forums quite some time back.
    The only place we did not specifically go to was drop down the hole in the tunnels, which back then meant certain death from falling-damage; but according to the BRD there were at least no more mobs down there either.

So yes: Mobs (all but skeletal musicians ofc which are not attackable and the NPCs in ZI room obviously) and weaponracks were killed/destroyed with 100% certainty.
    If there are any other destroyable objects, by all means tell me the what+where and i might crosscheck with the log.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Nightops and svann like this.
  3. Zhaunil_AB Augur

We (at least) did click down and kill everything all the way to Vule, so that wasn't it either.
  4. Gnomeland Augur

It's impossible to work off of personal experience in cases like this, since people could've forgot to loot, could've destroyed on accident and not said anything, a monster could've died and not left a corpse, etc.

What's certain is that a quest mechanic which potentially requires you to kill every single monster in the mission, and not miss a single drop, is much too punishing.

On my run, the last of the four drops came from the second to last monster in the mission. Had I missed that monster or it failed to leave a corpse, I would have wasted hours of time. The mission as it stands now, with all the problems that could happen during a run, should either give more rewards or it should take less kills.

Anniversary events should not be exercises in frustration.

And people should not be punished for failing to exploit the mission when it first came out.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Mobs not leaving a corpse is a possibility, yes.
    RNG not "finding" the 4th item is another perhaps.
    As i said, the mission bugs out somehow - contrary to what the Dev claimed above.

"Forgot to loot" is not an option there though, since after the original hickup i was ML (normally i do this myself anyways, but it wasn't "my group" originally, i just joined to help...) and we had 5ppl watching /advl.

QFT.
  6. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I don't know where to put this kind of feedback but I sure would like it if the casting UI element were resizeable. Would be great to be able to widen that thing.
  7. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, since we've concentrated on the linked adds much before, but:
    I could ofc be wrong as i am operating from memory here, but i think the items that go into the bag are no trade!?
    If so, you should perhaps make these items tradeable then too, since one person needs them all to combine the bag. Or at the very least have some dialog say that it is important for ONE person to loot all this special loot. Otherwise, if different people were to loot them pieces off the corpses, then this change could "bug" the task (i.e. make it incompletable)?!?
    I had this "bug" (that the task did not update even though i had the item in my inventory from giving things to Sila) happen to me once, and i regarded it as a safety measure intended that we can finish the mission after discovering that the task expects us to loot it from the corpse, instead of "just" having it in the inventory.

Alternatively, since Sila only appears after the forceful presence has been slain anyways, you could perhaps add a more or less simple check to the turn-in and have a 2nd place to update that step instead of preventing the medaillon hand-out?
  8. Zhaunil_AB Augur

EQUI_CastingWindow.xml:
    copy into your own ui-subfolder (everquest-directory\uifiles\yourUI) and change
    Code:
        <Screen item="CastingWindow">
            <!--<ScreenID/>-->
            <!--<Font/>-->
            <RelativePosition>false</RelativePosition>
            <Location>
                <X>290</X>
                <Y>50</Y>
            </Location>
            <Size>
                <CX>140</CX>
                <CY>60</CY>
            </Size>
            <Text>Casting Time</Text>
            <Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll>
            <Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll>
            <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent>
            <TooltipReference>The Breath Meter</TooltipReference>
            <DrawTemplate>WDT_Filigree</DrawTemplate>
            <Style_Titlebar>true</Style_Titlebar>
            <Style_Closebox>false</Style_Closebox>
            <Style_Minimizebox>false</Style_Minimizebox>
            <Style_Border>true</Style_Border>
            <Style_Sizable>false</Style_Sizable>     <=== THIS to <Style_Sizable>true</Style_Sizable>
            <Escapable>false</Escapable>
            <Pieces>Casting_Gauge</Pieces>
            <Pieces>Casting_SpellName</Pieces>
        </Screen>

and be done?!
  9. segap Augur

The problem with suggestions like this and the similar one for making a smaller "potion bar" is that it then puts the onus on random people to maintain their own ui patch sets. There's no guarantee that the modified files won't get other updates over time from the dev team. While helpful, it's also not the greatest solution for the average person.
  10. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I was of the impression that they made the UI XML-based exactly to provide a means to customize things to one's own delight.
    No matter what the standard is, you can create your own. Or go to EQInterface and download one from there - that is maintained by the author hopefully.

With regards to the potion belt, i am personally fine with the 11th hotbar. Not that i'd need it, but gives me some flexibility (i can edit that window, that bar too) - i've always wished for more potion belt slots, now i have them, practically (especially with the upcoming patch this thread is about which addresses most of the points - all really but the /autoinv one i think - that were "missed" by people in the thread in veteran's).

And the other updates you mention:
    Yes, of course they can and probably will touch ever UI piece at some point in the future again, some sooner some later. But each touched piece is mentioned in the patchnote, and i fully trust people that can start a game on their desktop to also compare two files for differences and copy relevant pieces over, even if they have no clue about XML.

I think a request to change the standard because it works but you do not like one aspect of it is asking a bit too much.
    moogs likes this.
  11. Gialana Augur

Although the tent pieces are no drop, the pieces needed to progress the adventure are tradeable. That's fortunate for me because on one run, I accidentally gave one of the pieces to the wrong character. I was able to trade the item to the person with the rest of the pieces so she could do the combine.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  12. Nightops Augur

Can anyone confirm how many weapon racks are located in the Study area?

I know of only 4.
  13. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Saying that "it works" is a bit of a stretch. It technically works, but it doesn't work like most other similar elements of the UI. I can resize my target window, my chat window, my hotbars, my buff windows, my pet window, and probably other stuff I'm forgetting. I'm not asking for the casting window to behave uniquely; I'm asking it to behave like other elements of the UI.

I recognize and am willing to concede I could delve into UI modding to make it happen, but I'm just asking the devs to make it consistent with some other windows. I don't think I'm asking for a lot. Maybe I am - who knows.

I also don't mind you suggesting a workaround. I appreciate knowing that one exists. But I do ask that we don't confuse a workaround with a solution. A solution is a consistent experience within the UI system; a work around is me having to make manual edits to some UI elements to accomplish something I can do in-game for other UI elements.

So I'd like to see a dev implement a solution, rather than me have to implement (and maintain) a workaround.

Thanks for the tip, of course.
  14. doah Augur

I would like for the modified/unmodified toggle on items work on the augs that are in the items.

Also please add a greater mass enchant for all of the enchant X type spells.
  15. Funkymusik New Member

may have wanted it run it 101 then... because I ;just ran it 2x back to back and only got 3 of the 4 clues... and currently waiting in the task for someone to reply to my petition... because that was nearly 5 hours of my day thrown down the drain on a broken task.
  16. Angyy Journeyman

Old Man McKenzie Nagafen Lair raid is STILL broken - named giants that you have to kill for the task are still not spawning... guess since it's not on TLP yet it will remain so until one of those servers unlock it :rolleyes:
  17. Warbreaker New Member

Ngreth, While I appreciate the fact that you ran it 100 times, I can tell you that on live, right now I ran this mission with a guildie and we had 2 back to back instances of only 3 clues, there is a tracker in the group so we are 100% positive that all mobs are down and we killed the weapon racks. so something is bugging out on this quest. I can see 1 bug out but 2 back to back is ridiculous.
  18. Ghubuk Augur

There is a room that unless you are in it, a tracker cannot see the mobs. If I remember correctly, it is off of the room with the weapon racks in it.
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The ritual area is not in range for track from the study (room with weapon racks) nor the starting area.
  20. Funkymusik New Member

I have ran around the entirety of the zone attempting to track anything possible... checking ever nook and crevice for anything... there is nothing... I currently have 1h 36mins left on the task timer before it kicks us from the task.... you are more than welcome to join in and see the issue.. or show me that I missed something (I don't think I have).

I even triple checked my logs to make sure I didn't miss something in the Advanced loot window throughout the instance. nothing there.