EOTD will be the end of this game

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Just a prediction... after Ring of Scale is done they'll add an EZmode way of getting EoTD1.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

You must play with ridiculously terrible wizards and mages.
    Reynen likes this.
  3. Numiko Augur

What will end Everquest is when Daybreak games gets all its assets seized by the US government because its ultimate owner is Viktor Vekselberg who recently got sanctioned by the US.
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

8 pages, this is going to be epic.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

And what, three different topics going on! Sweeeeeeeeet
  6. Bobsmith Augur

Alaran language progression bypass......grrrrr!
  7. Reynen Journeyman

It will be the end for the ones that can't even do simple tasks in this game. With the new level you have no excuse not to be able to achieve it. The game will be far better without those people, sometimes it's better to be alone than with a bad company.

Can I have your stuff?
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

And do you feel that Everquest difficulty levels should be set to average baseline players?
  9. segap Augur

It should be based on potential of what classes in a typical group can do. Tune the bulk of the content to be doable at around 80% the potential. Otherwise, there's no incentive for people to actually learn to play. Not to mention that those that do would steamroll it even more than they do now (in group gear). A big part of this game has always been bettering your character. Through levels, loot, AA and learning your class. Part of the incentive of doing so is being able to move up to more difficult content where you get better rewards.
  10. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I believe the end of EQ will come when it costs DBG more to maintain the servers and workforce than it takes in from players. With junkies like us (I mean, "customer base"), it's pretty hard to predict when that will be.

But I think the end of quality content has already come :) The ever-shrinking expansions are the biggest sign. My prediction: the next "expansion" will be a hodgepodge of half-finished leftovers, because that's all they have left from previous devs. I predict no new zones, and probably only 3-4 reused zones. Only time will tell...
  11. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I've done it with 1 person not having EoTD, you could probably get away with maybe 2 not having it. So it's still possible to complete the progression with out having it. I don't see a full group of non-flagged winning, but if you piggy in 1 or 2 people at a time you should be fine.
  12. Brohg Augur

ditto
  13. Laronk Augur

The problem is they see these cherry picked tank parses and compare them to their real sustained numbers and go WTF. Also sometimes I see people say my xxx dps class does yyy damage sustained when their yyy looks a lot more like heres a parse of a mob where I got lucky and the stars lined up
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  14. Critts Augur

As someone that did all the required stuff in VOA to get 100 Alaran I was very upset by the EZ mode, but I could understand it given the “raiding” required. If it was only group content required that would be a whole different story even tho VOA zones are not easy to finish at lv 100. Not that you had to finish all of them anyway.
  15. Critts Augur

SKs can beat wizards sub 15sec burns pretty regularly if they know what they are doing. This is why everyone was playing a SK on Zek.
  16. kizant Augur

There's almost no point in these discussions unless the balance is so out of whack that even idiots can see it. Not many people get to see what actual good players can do.
  17. Critts Augur

I resemble that remark!!
    Sancus and kizant like this.
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It’s really not even that difficult, especially if one is willing to waste things like thought leech for the sole purpose of dps.

(Also luls Zek)

My favorites are the parses with constant swarm pulls. But a lot of the time it’s just a massive skill discrepancy. A maxed tank with multiples in camp constantly, hitting all their buttons, compared to an afk Wizard is really proof nerfs are surely needed, guys!
  19. Fohpo Augur

I had a big post written out, then I realized this was Forum Quest and my post would be cherry picked like these parses. I'm not sure why it's so hard for people to understand why 15 second parses are a joke.
  20. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

My SK was parsing 100k on a lvl 110 Taza dummy, without any burns. Just my 2 spam keys. Nerf nerf nerf! But don't stop with SK's! NERF NERF NERF the fun out of every class!

ROFL.

EDIT: I almost forgot to mention that I had to earn 36,000+ AAs, I also had to complete ALL the group content (and /acheivements) with bonuses for the last 5 expansions, and I had to do lots of prior content as well. Oh yeah, and I had to raid for the last 3 years to even be eligible for my gear. Please compare apples to apples. If your new toon hasn't done the same work, you can't compare.