new chanter nerfs

Discussion in 'Casters' started by fransisco, Apr 11, 2018.

1. High Voltage Augur

Yeah, it really needs a healthy boost to be on par with the other dps classes.
    Teferi_Zebuxoruk likes this.
  2. Zalamyr Augur

And by always, you mean until you have 3 of them.
  3. menown Augur

Our guild is hitting the cap with even 3 necromancers in raid. I would say that the optimal number is 0 or 2, depending on the event. 1 is a terrible number because you won't be able to use your alliance spell.
    Spellfire likes this.
  4. seber Augur

so talk about neco cry about neco on raids wtf .....
  5. EnchFWO Augur

Can someone post something really offensive to get this locked and buried? KK thx. <3
  6. Fohpo Augur

Enchanters are the necro revamp
  7. Spellfire Augur

8. Ibudin Augur

Yes, enchanters are the new necro revamp - with all they need to do is keep 2 dots up.
    mmats likes this.
  9. EnchFWO Augur

That's not how it works.
    Fohpo likes this.
  10. fransisco Augur

I would really love to see the parses of enchanters beating necros (or just routinely in the top 10).
  11. Gnomeland Augur

Up charm level limit to level limit + 3, all enchanter DPS issues in group content solved.

As for raids, enchanters have ADPS functions on raids, so there wasn't much of a problem to begin with.
  12. Fohpo Augur

[IMG]
  13. Fohpo Augur

I'd like to see their parse with just doing it though, would be horrendous. I'm new to the class and even I know better than that, you might get away doing okay with all 3 dots on most things but if you aren't spamming Strang to nuke or making use of Slash for your aDPS...
    Sindaiann and EnchFWO like this.
  14. EnchFWO Augur

Thanks to poor development design (in the raid setting at least) there is about 0 for Enchanters to do ASIDE from provide ADPS and DPS in recent expacs, with the former requiring the intelligence of a hamster to pull off with a basic knowledge of stacking and appropriate aura usage. Pure utility support is mainly limited to organizing a spell shield rotation and even that isn't needed half the time if your raiders have 2 coppers of common sense about event mechanics. All of the people on the nerf train against Enchanters are mostly those who have underperformers in actual true DPS classes although they just don't want to admit it and rather get into the top 10 by flat out nerfs instead of improving their own skill. But no surprise, this is the typical EQ player response.

Then we have people who like to tout how much skill is required for Necro DPS with multiple spell sets and all that - or really any DPS class. I won't say that is untrue as it takes lots of effort but I'd also ask these same people to jump into an Enchanter and have a clue how to sustain respectable DPS over a 20 minute event with the mana costs associated with said rotation. Please, by all means spam two DOTs and then check your parse 10 minutes in while you are sitting OOM. :rolleyes: That's where that whole class knowledge and "skill" thing comes in. Shocking!

Thanks to the oblivious vocal minority we will probably see nerfs - happens about every spring like clockwork (a la random rune nerf). Still won't stop good Ench from make parses over poor players. That will be a nice self-esteem boost!

I think the few remaining Enchanters in the community who even bother with the boards anymore wouldn't dare post anything remotely useful as potential ammunition in the nerf crusade.
    RPoo likes this.
  15. fransisco Augur

Aye, I was more hoping a necro would post. But you know, they NEVER post a parse, which means they are still doing just fine (though they are up there with warriors as drama queens)
  16. EnchFWO Augur

I have sympathy for the necros ONLY because #epicgate and #DOTrevamp2016.
  17. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

LMAO! I love how the ENCH whine thread becomes talking smack about necros, with no actual nec posting in it at all.
  18. Brohg Augur

you missed?

Fohpo, MasterMagnus and fransisco like this.
  19. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Yes, I did need to re-read that.
  20. Qindere New Member

Enchanter Motto
    "We'er not happy, till your not happy" - Day Break Games 2018