Necro DoT Revamp

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Liljit, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Liljit Augur

Please address the lack of the only remaining class to not have DoT revamps.

Something elegant like make their epic no longer matter after say....level 75, but increase the base damage of their DoT lines and merge them...like shaman, druids, enchanters, beastlords, rangers...

IDC, give them additional ranks of an AA to make up for the crit dot dmg loss from taking away the epic.

Just fix necros so they stop asking to nerf druids, shaman and enchanters.
    Tatanka likes this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Solving the buff-lock issues associated with necros on raids would also be a great idea. Necros are severely handicapped when apping to raid-guilds because of it! :(
    Reynen likes this.
  3. Juzam Djinn Elder

Falling on deaf ears for over 2 yrs now.
    Reynen likes this.
  4. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

wait, Necros need a dot revamp.... oh the Horrrrrror!

I like the idea of tossing the 2.0 effect onto an item like arms or legs maybe.... Dunno what caster effects are on those, but my shaman loves Cleave....
  5. Azorin Journeyman

SK / Necro DoT revamp is very unlikely to ever happen. I do not think devs have any clue what it would take to consolidate DoTs. Myself and others have posted ways to fairly merge the dots lines, but I do not think they bothered to read any of the user proposed changes over the last 2+ years. Unless you are solo/molo you are better off with almost any other class to fill in for DPS or even pulling.

I just don't play my necro anymore due to the frustration with "waiting" for dot revamps and the many nerfs to the class. Necro pet is terrible for tanking these days (even chain casting Doomshield/Comp. Fort/Aegis). I have to use swarm pets to tank dark blue and tougher mobs (pet taunt turned off). RB was nerfed to be useless (less healing for pet/group). GoDR still needs a nuke for every 2 dots slowing ramp-up time on burns. Mana regen for necro is not that great anymore. The issues just go on and on.

Side Note: SK DoT revamp not happening makes me think of the words of Kelly Bundy - "the mind wobbles". NO reason for them to not be done. Just add 10-20% to base damage/combine and your done. I do not know any SK that loads more than Bond. All SK dots have an extra spellbar lockout for a total of 3 sec vs the normal 1.5 sec making dots very questionable to use. You do not want your spellbar locked out for that long when you need to cast a lifetap to stay alive.
    Reynen likes this.
  6. Slippry Augur

Can't do the necro spell revamp, the spell dev is too busy working on EoK RoS TLP spells.
    Reynen and Sancus like this.
  7. seber Augur

the DoT Revamp has kill the neco class at this point best thing do is unlink other class dots so then stack dots like neco then call it day
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

9. Juzam Djinn Elder

Reynen likes this.
  10. valiantSeven Elder

This might come off as a little ignorant because I don't fully understand dots or play a class that has them, but seriously, what point is there to any kind of dot revamp at this point besides fixing the number of debuff slots issue? Hasn't every single class to have received the revamp now nerfed into oblivion? Enchanters are like the only ones that haven't had theirs tuned down to the point of wanting to just delete them from their spell book, and you have to imagine that's coming aroundthe corner real soon with what kind of damage they can put out.

It just seems like this has been a huge waste of time and effort because of terrible logic, lack of understanding in the game by developers that dont play it, and a massive, beyond pathetic failure in communication on the whole system.

I can only hope the huge delay is because they are scrapping the whole system and reverting to before the changes or something drastic like that, because if the changes do happen in a similar fashion that every other class has received them, necros will be so ungodly powerful that no one will ever touch them, and by the time the same old nerfs are applied just like every other class got, it will have been a waste of time even revampign their dots in the first place.
  11. Brohg Augur

You should probably end there. See, it makes the rest look really really bad, especially the part where you accuse developers of not understanding dots based on moves they made from one state you didn't understand to a new form you don't understand.
    Reynen, Slippry and High Voltage like this.
  12. Raccoo Augur

Daybreak is waiting for George RR Martin to finish writing the Song of Ice and Fire before they tackle the necro dot revamp.
  13. valiantSeven Elder

One thing you learn on these forums is that no one could possibly ever understand something as well as Brohg, and two, you're right, dot revamps were so flawless and very well implemented. Carry on. I'll be back to bump this thread or quote this post when the necro dot train wreck ensues.
  14. Vaeeldar Augur

Ehh necros have become utterly useless in the group game. SO much so I finally retired my necro that I've had since beta 4 for a wiz. Sorry but if you think the dot revamp for necros has purely to do with the impact others saw with their dot revamp you are nuts. Necros need a revamp to be relevant in the group game - period.
  15. Brohg Augur

how is this about me? you literally said that you don't know what's going on or how things changed, then proceeded to lambaste the changes and the developers who made them
    Reynen likes this.
  16. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

The only thing that needs any changing is the debuff slot limit
    Yinla likes this.
  17. Brohg Augur

disagree.
    Reynen likes this.
  18. Allayna Augur

The problem is multifaceted.

Necros in group game aren’t very competitive for dps.

Necros in the raid game load multiple spell sets to ramp up to competitive damage and can easily be beaten by an enchanter casting 3 dots and a couple nukes. To add to that: Necros with the magnitude of spells, compete with Druids, Shaman, Enchanters, Beastlords, and Rangers for debuff slots...which cap out at 97? 55 visible and 42 non-visible related to UI.

The third broken piece is that Necros WEAR their epic...not click it like shaman/bard, but wear it.

The dot crit chance from the epic is worn and has no level cap.

Necros please add what I missed.
    mmats likes this.
  19. High Voltage Augur

This is way enough to tell everyone you have no clue what's goin' on.

This is true for enc, too.
    fransisco likes this.
  20. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

I don't know what the bar is, but I'm pretty content with the results of just chaining swarm pet/3 swift dots/2 nukes, gearing my pet properly (ethernere travelers belt/summoned weaps at the very least) and keeping FTV/Imbue on. I throw on Twinge of Pain aswell just to speed casts up a bit in high DPS groups. Nothing terribly intensive

Well, just a personal opinion, but enchanters should absolutely not be beating a Necro on any raids in RoS. The debuff slots is a valid complaint though, especially after incentivizing all the aforementioned classes to start casting DoTs for the first time in a long time, losing an alliance to bufflock is a real gutpunch.

It's muh lil buddy, I love him. But it's definitely OP compared to every other epic

Honestly, I love the class, I've had no real complaints in all my years of playing as a Necro in regards to the classes abilities/potential in any and all situations, the few nerfs we've actually been hit with have been plenty justifiable. The RB/SD healspamming was hilariously OP, and even after that got taken away a necro could still pump out massive healage before the recent change. Swift DoTs on raid mobs made it a snooze to top a burn parse. Forced proliferation twincasts was maybe something that could've been left, but it's not a huge deal. FTV/GoDR was a bummer, but they've already made up for it a bit. Chain swarm pets made every group mob trivial (and older raid ones). I don't think I'll count the original pet ae functionality as a nerf, since it was clearly broken >< hahaha. I can't even really think of any other major ones in recent memory atm, death bloom? it was still extremely hard to go oom the day after.

Anyway, suffice it to say I'm still perfectly happy with my choice to roll a Necro, if there's others out there who disagree that's fair, I can't do much about it other than offer my assistance in-game for anyone who cares to seek it