EOTD will be the end of this game

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Natal Augur

Agreed. Even in a guild you have to build relationships, things don't just happen because you are intrinsically awesome and everyone else swoons at your feet.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  2. Brohg Augur

We keep these fully in mind:

Anyone who drives faster than you is a dangerous maniac.
    Anyone who drives slower than you is an obstructing menace.

Your opinion is JUST YOUR OPINION DON"T GET OFFENDED MAN.
    Anyone who doesn't share your opinion shouldn't comment, because that offends you.
  3. Discordinant New Member

One of the biggest issues is tank power. 90% of the sustained of alot of dps classes, yet 5x better at taking damage. The balance is wayyyy out of whack. Most raid geared dps chars can barely handle two at a time running defensive stuff where a tank can handle 4-5 with no discs.
  4. Fohpo Augur

That's a player skill / git gud issue... I can't think of a single class that loses to any tank. Let's be honest, your statement is mostly hyperbole or cherry picking a handful of instances where tanks get to shine from a DPS perspective. (Of course I'm assuming in a real environment, I get there is like one warrior game wide who occasionally gets an aDPS support group and can parse)
  5. Discordinant New Member

It has nothing to do with player skill/git gud. Did I say tanks win? No i said they are 90% of what a dps can do. Not hard for a tank to sustain 150-200k. This is talking equal support of course. Of course they aren't doing the same thing without a bard/bst/sham. Its potential.
  6. Fohpo Augur

You're still way over playing tank DPS, take the OT mission for example. If you go the Tucoh route and go full on melee group synergy, there's like no chance in hell the tank is close to the zerk, hell I'd think a well played ranger or beast still out paces the tank significantly.

In a group sustained scenario, the DPS should still be pulling ahead. I'm just saying 90% isn't accurate at all. I get that people hate that tanks can do damage and take his, maybe there's a matter of more looking at why some classes are paper.
  7. Discordinant New Member

Not saying tanks dps needs to be nerfed, and I didn't call for that. But keep jumping to your conclusions. Its kinda common sense with the disparity between tanks and everyone else. Whether or not thats boosting mercs again (hell the dps mercs are just sad nowadays) But things like this is what WILL help the casual gamer. This isn't as big of a community help me out game as much as it once was. Just how it is

and OT is a horrible example. That is a burn fight that lasts a min or so. Once again I'm talkign sustained.. "big" picture stuff.
  8. Zonawa New Member

Thank you for that ... best laugh I have had all day.
  9. EnchFWO Augur

I REALLY would love to meet some of Discordinant's tank friends so I can recruit them as my DPS in future groups. :rolleyes:
  10. Fohpo Augur

This must be one of those pot calling the kettle black moments, because I didn't say you were calling for nerfs and you're calling me out for "jumping to conclusions" while doing so your self and selectively ignoring half my post... enlighten us with the common sense disparity.
  11. Critts Augur

I single pull ):
  12. Allayna Augur

Back on topic:

EotD is necessary for most end game raid guilds...I’m currently boxing it in TBM group gear with a mage pet as the tank... for my 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th toons?

Most in my guild would help, sounds like either the OP is in a garbage guild or not very good themselves...
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The problem is this time round DBG haven't done that, T1 zones should be the easiest, this is the entry level after all, we got 1 zone with annoiying drakes and drunkeness the other is mobs with high damage dots. T2 zones are about average 1 could do with EOTD but green mobs can be avoided.

The hard zone should have been VP. The hard mission should have been VP, we didn't even find it hard when it had raid dots instead of group!

T1 missions should be easier than they are and doable by every group,things are out of whack when a T2 mission is easier than a T1 mission.

Back on topic, I feel strongly that no expansions should NEED anything from the previous one to play in. This includes raid backflags, group progression and gear upgrades.
  14. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Meh...
    At least we agree on the surviveability part.
    What i don't get is the "as it should be".
    Why exactly should a raid tank, in group content tank ANY better than a group tank?
    Raid gear is there to survive the "challenges of a raid" - why do people feel entitled that this advatage carries over to the group game in the first place? It makes tuning always lopsided one way or the other, and content can only ever be designed as "challenging" for one OR the other, never for both. Usually, if challenging for raiders presently, it's unbeatable by groupers. Why? because mudflation and the sense of entitlement of (some? all?) raiders that their raid gear gives them the advantage they "deserve" (i have to laugh at this!) in the group game has been "fixed" at 20% while the actual numbers (and the absolute gap) have ever increased. This system can't continue - and not just because of hitpoint ranges that hit the bounds of the OS/hardware architecture.

And i still maintain that it does matter too!
    Because especially at release (with level increase especially, but the same was true at release of EoK, just to a lesser extent) i am sure you too saw many raiders die to some of the new challenges. Then they make it - with their 20% better gear from the previous expansion's raids.
    The START/transition into an expansion is what matters, not the end of it, as that is what determines who can play where and how or with whom.
  15. p2aa Augur

What guild are you playing in ? I remember a guy that was posting that rogues sucked, and that his top 10 sustained parse was made of chanters, priests and tanks.
    DPS need to sign to getgood.com.
  16. Zhaunil_AB Augur

It wasn't directed at me, but i DO remember the GoD times.
    Most importantly i remember noone - no raiders after just a short while and most certainly no groupers - were found in GoD zones until about OoW and level70 (that should have come with GoD but didn't).
    IIRC there were serverwide just 3 or so guilds that got through parts (or most? not sure of that) of GoD at the time - in a time where the leaderboard, if it already existed which i'm not sure about, had 3times as many raid guilds testing their mettle against current content.
    GoD is a bad example, because it was so badly messed up.
    But yes, the general problem is still much the same, even though the (absolute) numbers have ofc changed.
  17. Discordinant New Member

/GU Combined: The Blazing Hen in 24010s, 13111074k @546068sdps --- #2 Warrior + pets 3692996k@153810sdps (153843dps in 24005s) [33.16%]

This isn't a burn, this is all day doing hunters in EoK with a warrior that is mostly group geared (chase war wep, augged hstam)-(omg all riposte damage) and zerker took the 1 spot of course. Rest of group was filled with bard, cleric, and two necros. /Shrug if you guys can show me a parse JUST as long with dps classes doing more then 200k for 4-5 hours or whatever that parse is

You guys are harping on the dps-I'm focusing more on the tankability of group content. The balance is much too far of a difference. Leather and chain wearer's should be able to take hits a lot better then they currently are. This isn't a git gud issue, or the game is too hard issue, because most of it is a joke. But I literally only box a warrior because it makes all content a damn breeze.

I'm in a bit better guild then Fohpo is currently in where beastlords and bards top their parses. Lmao
  18. p2aa Augur

Group content ? Lol. Anyone can do good in group content, especially when the group make up is very in favor of the warrior. Fights are too short for necro DPS to shine, so you are second after the only DPS class that can do well on short duration fight. Replace the 2 necros by competent wizards or mages this will be an entire story.
    Of course non tank are expected to not be able to take hits like a tank could, else what is the use of tank classes ? You were lvl 110 tanking lvl 105 lceanium mob or other T1 trash mob of course you can tank 4 mob without disc and blow DPS discs while tanking with your 2H.
  19. Discordinant New Member

Thats the point lol. I'm not talking raid content. Tanks roflstomp group content (all of it) and everyone else pretty much needs a tank to get anything done (and no I'm not talking eotd because I've done most of it molo as a bard). I'm not even talking a top of the line warrior-hell I don't have raid arms, pants, no TBM type3 dmg aug, anything but the basics and a few chase items from EoK. Hell tanks are really the only ones where different weapon sets mean anything. Casters will switch out here and there for minor burn differences, but most just have a best in slot weapon and they are done for the xpac. Tanks actually get to use different sets and weapons mean a damn.

Impossible to argue with forumquesters. I get it. But the point is tanks can switch to a "dps mode" completely wreck group content. And that wasn't even 2hander, that was dual wield for most of it besides a quick switch to 2hand to pop mighty or brutal with sheols and rampage on named just to switch back. (bard main war box)
  20. p2aa Augur

Try grouping with many competent DPS classes in the same group than yours, and give us your result. I'm sure it will paint a different story.
    Also, go tank some current expansion mobs. Go tank Dreadspire anniversary mission, and tell us how many mobs you are tanking at the same time using no mitigation disc.

Clearly you tried to draw attention to tanks asking for a nerf in DPS and mitigation. Despite saying otherwise, given how many times you repeat the same thing in this thread it's pretty clear.
    DW DPS compared to 2H DPS is not much, I recall Tucoh measuring it at around 7 %.
    If the content becomes too easy so that every melee DPS class can tank stuff, then you don't need tanks in group. Also, tanks don't replace DPS in groups. Competent DPS DPS better than tanks, and by a big margin, not 90 % of a DPS class.
    I did 150 k DPS in a raid on DPS mode. I ended at around the 20 th spot on the parse.
    All is fine.