Future Content - Thoughts & Discussion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Niskin, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Kitty-vids in the lobby? :eek:
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

If you've been on Vox, you've seen my occasional ad for a certain cat-themed website.
  3. Tucoh Augur

I don't really care what the background is for the next expansion as long as there are more than a few zones.
    IblisTheMage and Yinla like this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I think I have a kitty on Vox will have to check, not been on there since a few months after it launched.
  5. Talonthalis Elder

I like the Luclin idea: return of the Va Shir. Try to recapture their homeland?
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Lots of stuff that could be further developed:

Rodcet nife and his spaceship, where did it come from? another moon?

Frogloks got a rather lazy introdution, is there more to them than meet the eyes?

The corpse-summoners in the guild lobby hints that their services are only temporary and a future price must be paid? Potential conflict there? what is their angle?

Did we ever stop the discord for good?

Who really corrupted the dragons in DON, the mastermind was never discovered?
  7. IblisTheMage Augur

I would like a new, small expansion, plus a whole previous expansion revamped to be playable at any level, from the original level of the expansion, up to current max level, with 3 options: do content at Original Level, at My Level, and at Hard mode: my level +5(effectively making lvl 115 content)

There should be level based drop tables, with different versions of the same-ish item, making it interesting to go back and get level upgraded versions of an item, as well as a lot of other aautomation behind the scenes, so that it would be possible to do it easier for future revamps of other expansions.

So a sword of Ykesha would have an item level stat, and its other stats would be a function of this staf, as well as if it was group, raid, rare, chase, etc, and its proc would be level capped based on item level. Of course equipability would require toon level > item level.

This could over a number of years drive a lot of EQ zones to be relevant at any level, driving down the cost to do this, and enabling the creation of a huge diversity in items, that would always be te-obtainable at a new level.
    fransisco likes this.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

1) Frogloks were created during the Age of Blood when Mithaniel Marr came to Norrath looking for entertainment because he was bored. Cazic-Thule captured him and his daughter Terris Thule stole his "Gift of Life" which is presumably that power of the gods to create new life. Morell Thule steals the Gift of Life from Terris and splits it in half. He hids part of it in the swamp, which created the Frogloks. The other half he sticks in E. Marr which knocks her up (bow chica wow wow) and she gives birth to Barbarians. Morell (dream god) gives dreams of imprisoned M. Marr to Frogloks and Barbarians and they free him. Later, during PoP, M. Marr declares some of the Frogloks his "Chosen" and evolves them into the Guktans.

2) We killed Brekt, the god of Discord, but Discord itself isn't something you can defeat. It's a universal force.

3) Venril Sathir. He created a curse as revenge against the dragons. If either Yar'lir or Vishimtar was killed (severing their bond) the curse would be unleashed. Then he paid the gnomish Solusek Mining Company to tunnel their way into the Nest. Then we killed Yar'lir and unleashed the curse.

Any other questions?
    Jumbur likes this.
  9. Bumkus Elder

I was not a fan of the standalone feel of TBM. If they want to disconnect from the existing lore, they should expand on the Plane of Mischief. Out of context stuff there is actually in context.

But whatever they come out with, as long as there are no robots, bright outdoor zones, and ship-to-ship combat, then i'm cool
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  10. fransisco Augur

what do you have against ship to ship combat?!
  11. Bumkus Elder

I WANT ship to ship combat. it's the robots i can do without. How they ever slipped into a sword and sorcery game is beyond me.
    fransisco likes this.
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Zadune, Angahran, Niskin and 3 others like this.
  13. segap Augur

With the 20th Anniversary next year, I was wondering if they'd do a classic rehash with a delayed release to coincide with the major milestone. Although I could see the accounts not liking that idea.
  14. Critts Augur

Frogs v Trolls.
  15. Boze TLP complaint factory

This question is answered via DoN progression & a task in DoDH (70.5, highly recommended, one of my favorite quests/zones in the game, you go inside Shadowspine, and there's a 10% dodge aug!),
    The line from 70.5:
    "'Well fought,' the unseen voice continues. 'How eagerly Venril offered to carry the curse of Shadowspine into the nest. How eagerly Draygun unleashed the curse on his own people. Such is the power of Shadowspine, to bring down entire armies without a struggle.' "
    Zadune and Jumbur like this.
  16. fransisco Augur

it would go poorly for the trolls. Everything always has
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  17. Critts Augur

Ture, but that can be explanded away With Lore. A magic rock fell from the sky or one of the gods decided to throw their trash out and, bame all the sudden the Trolls stand a chance. Or you could do an odd team up Gnomes x Trolls V Frogs x erudites. Race wars!! Really tho as much as they force high elf’s and dark elf’s I. Our face why not take some time to exspand on some of the other races.
  18. Metanis Bad Company

As a DE I'd be happy to just raze Freeport and get to torture all those guards and militiamen by making them eat rat whiskers while my snake army kicked the **** out of them.
    Zhaunil_AB and Critts like this.
  19. Critts Augur

Wow the Grammatical errors are thick.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Been thinking about this, with the introduction of scalable HA's there is no reason why they couldn't have an expansion that covered all levels starting at level 1.

Take the idea I had about Drinal (Noraths other moon)
    New starting city for kittles, a couple of new race/class combos for kitties, low level area a bit like CR to level up to around level 15/20 with some interesting quests anyone can do at any level. With something like the Heros Path that progressively gets harder to current level, with a very nice reward, kitty illusion or mount or something.

Instant content with goes from level 15/20 - 110, with a few non instance zones, various levels.
    IblisTheMage likes this.