New Expansions / Collectibles

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Swordsmaan, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Swordsmaan New Member

I do not have the latest three expansions. I am a mid level player, and will not be able to kill in the new zones for quite some time. I do, however, purchase lower priced collectibles from the bazaar and enjoy completing the achievements. Will I be able to loot ground spawn collectibles as a mid level player, and would it be worth purchasing the latest expansions just to do this? Thanks in advance for your opinions.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Just for that reason? I don't think so. You're talking about some AAs and some achievements.

If it were me, I'd stick to the lower level expacs you haven't finished collections, and while you're there, do all the quests and progression (or, at least, as much as you can). Once you get to the mid-100s, then TBM and EoK should have some areas you can take on, and then do those collections while you're questing. It'll likely be easier to find groups there, too. Well, EoK for sure. Not sure about TBM.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

There is money to be made in collections although most of the ones that sell well are either from mob drops or locked in missions that people have to run several times before they get a full set. Just buying an expansion to go grab collections does not seem like it would be worth it for me but if you really enjoy completing collections and want to help support the game I say go for it.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Fair point!
  5. Swordsmaan New Member

Thank you both for your input!
  6. Cicelee Augur

As far as obtaining ground spawns, being a bard or rogue works best since those two classes can move around zones with relative ease and not fear being seen. The rest of the classes have a bit more work to do in moving around zones to pick up ground spawns.

IMHO it is not worth it to spend money on an expansion for collectibles. Collections are a side part of an expansion, not a reason to buy. But if it makes you happy and you have disposable income, then you do not really need to ask the question in the first place..
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Here is a tip. You can collect (right clicking on the item) something from the new expansions without having the expansion. :D Not sure if you get the AA if you finish the collection cause I haven't gotten that far on any of them in the newer expansions. But I don't see why not.

I also like collectables and have 2 houses dedicated to storing the ones I find on the ground or buy super cheap in baz. I do not own EOK or ROS. However I found many items dirt cheap in bazaar so bought them and after buying them and during the process of putting them into the houses I did not realize they were items from the newer expansions I do not own. For example I have Bright Flower and White Carnation from the Botanical Bounty (The Overthere) Collection under Ring of Scale achievements that show as collected.

There are tons of collectables so I would not worry about buying the latest expansions to be able to gain them all as there are tons from older expansions that I have yet to collect.
  8. Goodn Augur

I can tell you that you will get the aa or xp reward and the completed achievement in your achievements if you complete a set for an expansion that you do not own. Just did it with a toon to confirm again.
  9. Swordsmaan New Member

Thanks all...appreciate the comments!
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

If you do get the new xpacs, and want to run around getting ground spawn, I would suggest making a rogue and getting it to 105, with Shroud of Stealth rank 2 (an AA). Then you can run around most everywhere and pick up ground collects without a bother. Just don't let a certain someone on ForumQuest know this, he thinks that is cheating.
    Tatanka likes this.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

OMG, that still brings a smile to my face :)