Test Update 04/10/18 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 10, 2018.

1. niente Developer

My suggestion is to make a hotkey and bind it to your keyboard. You could put it on a hotbar that is hidden. It is possible to also add it to the options window, but the options window does have eleventy-one places available for it in hotbar keys.
  2. Ssdar Augur

I have it on a hotbar and keybound myself already, just thought this might help alleviate the anxieties of the vocal minority that is still upset about losing the potion belt. It would also make it easier to set for multiple characters instead of having to make and assign the social to a hotkey on every one, the options keybind would just set it for for all. I appreciate all the changes in this patch to the hotbars and look forward to any future improvements, thank you!
    PathToEternity likes this.
  3. segap Augur

Keybinds being done per install rather than per character is why I have 60+ EQ installs across several computers. I use different key binds for different classes. I'd rather they spend the time creating per character keybinds so I wouldn't have to maintain so many different installs.
  4. Foliax Journeyman

Hopefully the mission in Arx mentis is fixed with the location of the Power Converter in this patch...
  5. High Voltage Augur

Same old story -

1) Dev forced to rush out content that is clearly not working as intended, or plain broken and open to exploits. Goes live anyway.
    2) Up-to-date-, well organized, high playtime players/groups take advantage of said glitches and get what they want as long as it's easy. Fair enough.
    3) Content gets "fixed", so only top players/groups can beat it now. But those did it already and don't care. For everyone else it's the middle finger.
    4) Afterwards top notch players are even more top, not so top players stagnate. The gap between the two groups has grown.
    5) Dev admits it's hard to do balance content, because "there is no middle ground anymore".

Those are my favorites in there, taking the most recent quadruple nerf to a once popular support class in the same patch into account.
    No room for creativ gameplay. No need for classes outside of tanks. Five tanks and a merc can beat the event. Five <insert_other_archetype_class_here> not so much, anymore.
    What a poor game design.

I felt like the two 19th anniv group missions in their original version were great for "middle ground" groups to grow in. It's sad to see you "fixed" that.

Please don't take me wrong - I don't blame the active developers for all of this. Usually the fish stinks from the head down.
  6. Lianeb Augur

You could go test it
  7. ForumBoss Augur

Thanks for the replies. Is volunteering to work on EQ feature enhancements and bug fixing possible? I'm willing to bet there are some experienced software engineers here who'd like to work on a project they're excited about.

Back to the testing intent of this thread, I hopped on test and tried out the item charge indicator on hotbar icons, red/missing item hotbar GUI update, /useitem <item name>, and the item stack summing hotbar functionality. All seemed to work.

Now another idea that should be reasonable: raid merge. Allowing a raid leader to invite another leader of a separate and have the two merged (assuming total size of raid is less than 72). Attempting to maintain group structure would be great, but if the merged raid has more than 12 groups, dump the excess in the un-grouped pile.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  8. Wulfhere Augur

After a /testcopy I tried both augs tonight. They are BOTH broken and do nothing. The new aug costs 23624 platinum and NO paladin should buy it (or them). Devs, Please fix them.

9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've run out of social keys to make hotkeys with so that won't work for me.
  10. Lianeb Augur

Youre screwed then, until they make more or you prioritize old ones better
  11. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

The mold to aug conversion isn't working right, but I posted that in the new bugs thread. I just wanted to say that when this goes live, I'm going to be buying a bunch more bow ornaments, and I'm not even playing a Ranger. There were just so many cool looking ones.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Pretty much, so I'm better off using a bag as a potion belt instead of hot bars.
  13. Dailor Augur

Thanks for the updates. Any plans to implement an option to customize the amount of hotbuttons on a hotbar?
  14. Derd Augur

You already can there's a post on how to do it in one of the Hotbar threads . That will give you one small hot bar. If you mean a selector letting you choose for every hot bar how many buttons that sounds like a ton of code for something not really necessary.
  15. menown Augur

Getting the devs to do the Necro DoT revamp is more difficult than getting Congress to cut spending and lower the US national debt.
    Metanis, Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  16. Nightops Augur

Why are you limiting the reward to 1 paste per win?

Do you think anyone is doing the task 'just to have completed' the task for the achievement?

To make this change almost 4 weeks after the mission went live and given all the previous 'work-arounds'; you guys really must have some personal real-life issues you're taking out on the casual player base. There is ZERO reason to limit the reward to just 1 per win. Why don't you FIX the task itself; as recently as this past Saturday, it can STILL BUG out and only drop 3 of the 4 clues.

I have done this mission at least 10 times (by getting the 4 clues) to help people get the aug reward. I have no problem with doing the mission as intended and fixing the steps in order to ensure they are all completed without 'guessing' on the food. But when I do it, I try to get 3-4 people who need the aug in at once. Limiting the turn in item to just 1 per win is just hurting your player base and not fixing any problems.

Stupid.
    Fadyena and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  17. Secura New Member

Something with the new patch has caused my keyboard not to work in game. I can log into Live servers, and I have no problem. Has anyone else encountered this problem, or know any ideas on how to fix it? I have tried loading the default UI, and that didn't change anything.
    Gyurika Godofwar and sobroken like this.
  18. Lianeb Augur

You can do that and lose the other capabilities that you also complained were missing from hotbars that the potion belt had that, guess what a bag doesnt have.
    To me it seems like you have 4 options
    Make a /autoinventory social and put it on a hotbar
    Use a bag and lose the new functionality of hotbars
    Use a hotbar and open your inventory each time to drop something in.
    Compain on the boards and be stuborn about losing a minor capability even though gaining so much more.

It seems you have made your choice though
  19. Lianeb Augur

How many people get the bonus reward from all the anniversary missions that offer BONUS loot
  20. Dailor Augur

I know how to rightclick a hotbar and resize it. Fairly obvious when I ask about the amount of buttons, I am asking about the AMOUNT OF BUTTONS, but thanks Dev Derd .