Test Update 04/10/18 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

All good, a convert button is more than sufficient, imo.

Thanks!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Horyuken Augur

So you have a database! I was beginning to think eq was one big text file!
  3. Vaeeldar Augur

So anybody remember when servers went down? We are definitely getting close to 24 hours with no update or anything.
  4. ayanaex Journeyman

around 7:30 est is when I got the coming down message.
  5. aenelaruy New Member

may I ask if the race change on progression also applies to ring of scale? because ring of scale spells are being removed as well in a race change
  6. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

They were up again at 930pmPST last night for a short time. I cashed in old Dreadlands and was character stuck there for a bit crashing over and over trying to log in a few times to it. . 15 min later the server was listed as locked, and has been since 9:45pmPST
  7. Paladin Augur

Well... there is still a need to add one more thing to make Hot Buttons work like the old Potion belt... where players can simply drop the item on the Hot Button and it goes to inventory and/or creates the Hot Button the easy way.

RE:

- Made the following improvements to item hotkeys:
    - - Item hotkeys will now display the total count of items in your inventory, rather than the count of the first stack.
    - - Items will now display the total number of charges for items that use them.
    - - Item hotkeys for items that are no longer in your inventory will now display the icon/name of the missing item rather than 'Not Found'.
    - - Pre-existing item hotkeys will need to be remade to get these updates.

Yinla likes this.
  8. Febb Augur

You can already do that with hotbuttons. Left click and hold on the item, it creates a copy of the item that you can move and sit on a hotbutton.
  9. niente Developer

During a race change, there is a check for invalid spells. If your class/race can't use this spell (this is based on a spell field and some other rules, like level, expansion, and deity), it's removed.

What happened is, there are a lot of spells that are not marked as "spell scribable," that were getting removed (including things like Dichotomics). Basically only Rk. II spells and those that heroic characters can learn are marked in this way. If you had any other spell (Rk. I, Rk. III, etc) it would get removed.

Now when you race change there is a search for any spell within the spell group (i.e. Rk. I, II, and III, or 1-6 for Dichos) to see if you should be able to scribe that spell - if you can - you don't lose your spell.

The reason Coirnav is having such a bad time is that the value at which a spell can be scribed was offset by 1, meaning, all spells in the classic era were considered "not scribable" and getting removed from the spellbook. This would not have affected any server except one during classic, which hasn't been seen since Agnarr launched last year.

After this patch, there should be no issues with lost spells in a race change for any spell/expansion/server.
    Prathun, Xyroff-cazic. and Zenyan like this.
  10. Luinne B`Haen Lorekeeper

10PM EST (-5 GMT)

this is wrong. It went down at 10pm EST. I know, because i joined the wife on the couch and watched an hour of Friends on Netflix. Then went to bed at 11pm.
  11. Gnomeland Augur

My guess is the server system upgrade did not go as planned. Expect down time followed by instability for the next week or more. This is test, after all.
  12. niente Developer

It would be great to make more improvements to how hotbars work, it's just a balance of what could be done before this patch, and everything else the team is planning on implementing, like other bug fixes and new features. If you (and other players) make a civil thread with suggestions and ideas for hotbar improvements, I think it would be well received.

Please vote for this issue on the DGC Issue Tracker: https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1691

IIRC this has been asked for many times, and is not trivial to do.
    This is possible, but I don't know about auto-banking them. It stops being a bank if you have access to it everywhere.

I suggest making a /autoinv key and/or binding it to your keyboard for ease of use. To make an autoinventory button that worked the way the potion belt did would mean making a unique hotbutton type that does only 1 thing, which can already be achieved by making a /autoinv button. It's a balance of what we can do with our team/hours per day, and moving on to the next thing.
  13. Vaeeldar Augur

It must have come again briefly then because I had logged off before my wife got home on the original downtime. I just can't remember if I logged off at 6 when she got home or 5 earlier. . We are definitely approaching the original time
  14. segap Augur

This shows even the dev team has a wish list.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Wulfhere Augur

Salus Faycite Shard: Ardent Healing Aug: 3 ID: 114633

This aug is still broken!!!

[42342] Type3 FC Ardent Healing
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 3.3h+ (1950 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Healing by 1887 (Before Crit)
    2: Limit Spells: Force of Ardency

Devs you just changed the value to the same broken value. The spell limit needs to be Ardent Healing for the aug to work at all. For reference on how to fix this please see the new one:

[57629] Type 3 FC Merciful Healing
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 3.3h+ (1950 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Healing by 1526 (Before Crit)
    2: Limit Spells: Merciful Healing

And please notice that the higher level one is weaker focus then the previous one. That seems like a bug too.

Thank ya kindly
  16. ayanaex Journeyman

I wanna play so baddddddddddddd:(:(:(
  17. Luinne B`Haen Lorekeeper

I was on from 8pm EST to 10 when it went down. Must have been prior.
  18. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Main UI change I'd like to see is the pieces snapping together.
    Metanis, Sita, moogs and 5 others like this.
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Something like "snap to grid" for UI elements would rock!
  20. Ssdar Augur

There currently is no way to keybind autoinv without making a hotkey and mapping it that way. Would it be possible to add that to the built in keybind options?