new chanter nerfs

Discussion in 'Casters' started by fransisco, Apr 11, 2018.

1. fransisco Augur

Anyone know how big the newest round of rune nerfs are?

What the new recast time is (you'd think 30 sec was long enough).
    Also how big the hp nerf to all runes was?
  2. Riou EQResource

extra like 6 seconds to recast

mana cost generally increased by like 1/3-3x

absorb amount reduced by like 10-15%

and 500 hate override on like every one of them
  3. EnchFWO Augur

https://spells.eqresource.com/histo...&mdy=04112018&source=test&Submit=Submit Query

It actually doesn't look *that* bad. Transfixer's Unity recast was moved to 34s (vs 30) and the reduction in absorb was ~10-15k.

Why this was even changed... no clue though.
    Riou likes this.
  4. Sancus Augur

Recast is now 34s on Unity. Transfixer's Rune Rk. III decreased from 142903 to 126183 and Polyflourescent Rune Rk. III decreased from 121614 to 105461.

You can look at the spells yourself on EQResource. Unfortunately they removed a field from the spells_us file, which means raidloot's downloadable parser won't work until it's fixed.

Edit: Lol, three of us posted within 5 minutes.
  5. enclee Augur

It is confusing, why they decided to change it.
  6. fransisco Augur

awesome, so its like enchanters are still using their runes from TDS (4 years ago now?).

Why all the rune hate. Is there actually something wrong with a caster able to take a few hits from a trash mob when tanks can afk with 3 on them?
  7. segap Augur

This is not the nerf I expected to see for enchanters. It seems like they're trying to remove any sense of unique abilities/play style in classes to simplify development. The class direction seems to be just another dps class.
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

Am I correct that Dark Rune/Tenebrous Rune was unaffected so far? (seached the page linked above for the key words)
  9. High Voltage Augur

What to nerf/boost next patch is determined my some rng. Given the ancient technology they use, this might even be some mechanical wheel of fortune they use to decide what to do next in this regard. So chances are next month there will be a huge boost to druid and shaman dot damage. Or something that enables sk's to solo swarm current expac nameds. Taking them one at a time must be boring to them.

On the other side, looking at the feedback (or rather the lack of feedback/complaints) it seems they already shrunk the class down to bot-only status with no real/remarkable enchanter mains left to give 'em the business for treating us like that. Sad.
  10. Veros New Member

"
    no real/remarkable enchanter mains left to give 'em the business for treating us like that. Sad. "

I'm real! Maybe not remarkable, but real! However, I also have an ability to learn, and I've learned that regardless of the complaint, the patch will bring the nerf. Fear not, this too shall pass. Play styles will adjust. At some point (perhaps this will reach it), unity will stop being a spell that we even bother to memorize, and we'll just use the individual runes. Perhaps that too shall be nerfed. At this point, after the previous changes, it just .. kind of becomes irrelevant. I don't see how the 30 second recast time for Unity was overpowering, I don't see how the aggro from unity once every 30 seconds was askew, I don't understand why the mana cost for unity needs to be adjusted upwards either, since it already seemed on the high side. And since I don't understand at all why they are adjusting these things, and since I haven't logged into test to check them out, I really don't have a basis for complaint.. at least not yet.
  11. fransisco Augur

Now is the time to comment. After it goes live its too late.
  12. Siddar Augur

I have max AA for level 105 Necromancer, Enchanter is max AA for 105 expect for tradeskill and I think endurance regen AA. Then I have 105 not max AA Druid and 85 shaman that I could have leveled to 105 in about a week.

I was debating changing main from the Necromancer to one of the three other classes. But I chose to quit on all my accounts instead at the start of RoS. For the very reason that I foresaw the massive nerfs that were headed to all three of classes I was considering changing my main to.

In the end the fact that I was considering changing from Necromancer is why they're throwing so many nerfs at the other three classes. Because until they began the DoT changes Necromancers were the only real DoT dps class and with the changes they made they dropped to fourth place as far raiding was concerned.

Druid Shamans having healing to fall back upon Enchanters have crowd control and all three have utility and attributed dps abilities as well. Necromancer were one dimensional as compared to others. With maybe some mana regen that no Necromancer ever used on raid and a resist debuff as there only contribution besides dps. With Druids and Shaman outperforming Necromancer on burst and enchanter doing slightly less then Necromancers but also offsetting that with massive raid required non dps abilities.

The situation was simply untenable. So I was ether going to change my main to one of other three classes. Or I was going to quit. In the end I chose to quit instead face the inevitable nerf of the new main. Because they're coming until Necromancer is needed on raids again. They will keep taking things away Enchanters, Druids, and Shamans. In the case one of things they're taking away is some of enchanter rune ability this time. They will take something else soon because nerfing enchanter runes doesn't suddenly make Necromancer viable on raids again.
  13. Brohg Augur

You think the Unity rune nerf is about necromancers? That's truly amazing. I am amazed.
    fransisco and EnchFWO like this.
  14. EnchFWO Augur

I'm pretty sure if you ask the majority of Enchanters if they prefer this nerf over the one we were expecting that this is welcome with open arms. Granted, I still have 0 clue what brought this on... figured the recast nerf previously was sufficient but w/e... Enchanters are one of those classes that always adapt and "beat" whatever nerf they throw us with [generally] little complaining compared to oh say... all the other classes.

While amusing, given the dev understanding of the class(es) and recent changes, is it really so farfetched that this is the reason?! :D
    Sindaiann likes this.
  15. Ibudin Augur

Probably a good thing you quit, cause its one more lack luster necromancer out of the pool of players. Very good necromancers are always on demand.
    Maedhros likes this.
  16. menown Augur

Perhaps it is not an issue with the player but the limited resource of debuff slots?
  17. fransisco Augur

Theres a difference with the other potential nerf, because druids/shamans have several abilities to pump their dots. Chanters don't even have a dot focus on their armor. As well, they have a much lower crit chance and crit bonus. Dots for them are completely different than priest dots.
  18. Sindaiann Augur

Stop talking.

Walk away
  19. Zaknaffein Augur

Should be interesting when chanter DPS gets fixed eh.. or I mean when rune tanking is fixed?
    High Voltage likes this.
  20. Fohpo Augur

Nothing to see there, move along