Test Update 04/10/18 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Funk Augur

The patch hadn't happened on test yet when you checked. Check again once test is back up.
  2. Brohan07 Journeyman

just went down a while ago.. they just started patching.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Mildly annoying to wait until April to make this change. There are plenty of expansions with Tier 1 raid gear that isn't Prestige. Why change it now?
  4. Angahran Augur

How will this work for items with multi word names ?
    /useitem corrupted hammer of consternation
    or
    /useitem 'corrupted hammer of consternation'
    or
    /useitem corrupted_hammer_of_consternation
    or
    ???
  5. Dzarn Developer

That issue will be fixed in the May patch.

The first one: /useitem corrupted hammer of consternation
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  6. Angahran Augur

Just a thought, while people are looking at the hotbar code, any chance of getting option to change the color or hotbar text ? e.g. when you make an hotkey of an AA.
    Warpeace likes this.
  7. Ghubuk Augur

Personally, I think it makes better business sense for raid gear to never be non-prestige.
    fransisco likes this.
  8. Orbital101 Augur

Possible to do the same for the heal click from Polished Diamond Prism from the Anniversary Raid: Hate's Fury: Seventeen Pieces of Silver

thx.
    Nniki likes this.
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Perhaps, but like I said... it's been like this before and if it's going to be that way don't change it 4-5 months after it goes live. That's not good sense.
  10. ForumBoss Augur

I wonder if this will fix the ludicrously loud fire and creaking ship sounds in LDONs.

Lot's of good changes in this patch, I hope we get more updates to this. Kudos to the devs and project managers that allowed them to work on these.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  11. toxicsmell Journeyman

you say your upgrading your servers..... i am curious as to what are the specs on an everquest server. =)
  12. ForumBoss Augur

486-66-DX TURBO. Sometimes they forget to push the turbo button.
    Kobra, Metanis, moogs and 3 others like this.
  13. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

About 9:30pmPST, zoned into original Dreadlands killed Gorenaire and when I looted the body the zone crashed and then the zone was stuck. Prior to that attempted to log into an alt in original Najena and the popup said the zone server was unavailable. Server is now locked.
  14. Aurastrider Augur

Love the new /useitem command idea. Have not seen it in action but these are the kind of good changes I love to see in game. Thanks for all of the great QOL upgrades and improvements over the last several years.
  15. ForumBoss Augur

Here is my wishlist for the next test patch notes:
    • Buff Sets: Once a player has all buffs that they want, they can right click their buff bar ->save buff set (similar to spell sets). If their buff is missing in a set, show the spell icon grayed out or transparent red in the Effects window.
    • Z-axis autofollow: If autofollowing in water or while levitating, the follower's pitch will turn up or down towards the leader. Levitation fall rate is not impacted by frame rate.
    • Gnomish ornamentation converter - Daybreak store cash item, insert favorite weapon of choice in this container, and it convert it into a no-trade type 20 weapon/secondary ornament. It would raise some money for EQ and people could have fun finding old/crappy items that look cool.
    • Parcel vendor: If an item fails to be retrieved during Retrieve All due to a full inventory, the remaining items will be attempted in case you already have stacks of those items. Parcel vendor will also try to retrieve items to the bank.
    IblisTheMage and PathToEternity like this.
  16. Fian Augur

These items are rather vague. What is the impact to an enchanter at level 110?

Enchanter - Strengthened runes from levels 76-90 and lowered the strength of runes above level 95.
    Enchanter - Increased the recast time of all "Unity" runes.
  17. High Voltage Augur

I would really like to know where this enc hate comes from.

There are countless balancing issues and known bugs you could take care of, and what you present to us is another double nerf to enchanters?
    Now I wonder if you at least could be fair enough and change our bp focus back down the road to account for it being totally useless now on CotF up to EoK robes?
    fransisco likes this.
  18. Dewey Augur

I am saddened that I see no fix for the /autoinventory functionality of the potion belt.

Also there is not an option to reduce the size of the hotbar to only display 5 slots instead of the full 12.

I'll hold my breath until May I guess in hopes for these changes.
    Moege and Yinla like this.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

“*** Miscellaneous ***

Will this fix the chat lag and random disconnects that AB has been suffering with?
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can we get group versions of these zones where we can use mercenaries?
    Seventeen pieces of silver was the only group content available for the 17th anniversary, and the only new way then to get coins.

Hate and Fear are the only way to gain the faction to purchase group gear from Kamiowe Ordu , if you will; not allow groups with mercs in to kill group level mobs, can we at least get another way to be able to purchase these items.