VP 2nd partisan task - Singing Stone

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Waldagar, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Waldagar Augur

I am at the last step where you find the last stone. Spent hours swimming in all the lava, with my eyes open (ouch), in all the locations mentioned in the write-ups but never got the emotes and never found the last stone. Any pointers you can pass along?
  2. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

swim slower, wait for emote, also make sure you are in the correct lava pool....
  3. Spellfire Augur

While you are swimming in lava, you will get two emotes. First: You hear a faint hissing sound carrying through the lava, when you get that stop and wait a little; second emote: The hissing seems very close now. Small stone will appear close to your location, collect it and bring it to Gelidalin.
  4. Waldagar Augur

I spent some quality time in all of them, but which one is the "correct" one? Is it the pool to the northwest of the "island" room?
  5. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Swim around in the lava (as indicated by
    [IMG]
    on the map), when you get emotes, look around the lava for a rock, this is a ground spawn in the lava around where you were emoted. Keep in mind the lava does do damage.

That is from EQResource, The first stone is zone in, second is from the "island" area, 3rd and final is the NW part of the zone, lava and bridge area on the way to the Myliax chrono named.

Be perma invised, have your merc/healer following you. Swim slow, once you get the first emote, stop moving. You "should" get a 2nd emote as mentioned above w/in 30 ish seconds if I remember right. Then like water if you hover just right at the top of the lava it'll allow you to see clear.
  6. Dreadmore Augur

I've gotten updates right under the bridge and in the eastern pool at various locations. If I could make a guess at how it works, it seems there are several eligible spots to trigger the update (even different depths, as shallow as the lava already is), but only one of them is active at a time if at all.

One go took me 10 minutes; the next 40 minutes; the last, 2 minutes. You just have to constantly move a bit, wait to see if it updates, and if not, move a bit more.
  7. Revalla New Member

I am in the same boat as Wald ,on my 15th attempt ,read all the wright ups still no emotes .Been at spot 3 a lot and ramp and where I killed mobs . Spot 3 seems to be consistent with wins . Still no emotes and yes I took my time in all the spots mentioned and all the other lava spots. My question is has anyone had a confirmed victory since the faction change ? Did they perhaps break something in doing so . For the record it is not just me but I have had multiple people scooting around the zone for the last drop with no luck for at least 10 of the attempts .
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

I don't know if this quest is bugged or just plain stupid, but it needs to be corrected. Step 4 that is.

Edit: Just plain stupid. Took like 40 minutes of swimming around. Not sure how code like that gets approved. I couldn't imagine if I didn't have EQresource and Zam with the information posted. Since many people were saying they were spending a hour swimming around, click off levi, swim slower, it will work eventually, my experience is about normal, which suggests the condition of this quest was deemed acceptable, which it absolutely is not. I get htat other MMO spoon feed quests and EQ should be harder but quests like this are inexcusable.
  9. Warpeace Augur

Good to see almost 2 years later that part of the quest is still (insert colorful adjective here). This was complained about from release and well you know how player feedback is taken.
  10. Conq Augur

I've run this for 20+ characters - my own and helped others. I have no idea if it helped or not, but it felt like the emotes were faster/more reliable if I put every character in the task into the lava (lev off) - rather than one character swimming around everywhere.
    Conq
  11. Windance Augur

The only lava pool I ever got to work was the one in the north west corner of the map.

I helped a several folks get their missions done and found that it easiest it we just dropped and restarted the mission if we couldn't get an update there.

I found most of the updates happening either under the bridge or along the north side of the pool.
  12. Laurana Augur

Has anything changed with this task to get it to update on the last step correctly? After a few hours and a couple dropping/re-getting task, we're still not able to get the final emote in the NW lava pool. We've dropped lev, sat under the bridge in the lava, tried the northern areas of the lava pools. Absolutely nothing. I've submitted a /bug, but was wondering if anyone had any further insights. Thanks.
  13. Nniki Augur

The last time I helped someone with that task (at least a year ago if not more now), we actually got the update outside of the lava somewhere around the ramp that leads into the pool iirc. Might want to try around that area too rather than just swimming around in the lava pool.
  14. Laurana Augur

Thank you - amazingly, we got the first update just at the base of the ramp, in the lava after wading there for 30 minutes. Got second update in east/north of the pool about 15 min later. This task is bizarre.