Live Update Bugs 03/14/18

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Not sure if a bug, or ever paid attention. The Planar Overdose (Feign Death potion/drink) has a 3 min re-cast but when used it dosent grey/red out to show down time.

End Of Empire group mission giving raid achievement for shield click.

High Arcron Iouln (spelling) group task Balance of Power spawning at end of event again, this task also shows Chardok as zone in the quest window.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I'll ask around
    Fixed internally, this requires a patch.
    Hrm. That came from me attempting to be nice and show what the granted stats will be, It seems that the Power source slot is a stat slot as well. So when with charge, you are getting a small bonus of the stats from that slot on top of all the visible armor slots. (so about 9* the showed stats... 1 for each of 8 slots and 1 for the PS slot) Without charge, none of the visible slots give stats, but the power source slot itself gives stats. (only 1*)
    I'll ask at our design meeting, but I'm of a mind to leave it be. (This is not a final answer)
    I'll add this to my list.
  3. Paladin Augur

Plane of Mischief

Clukker the Crazy is on PoM, seemingly year round. He will give you the Deck of Spontaneous Generation used to combine the various dropped cards, in different combinations, to create items.

However, those cards do not ever drop as best as I can tell.

It was suggested to me that they only drop on April 1st, so I spent several hours in PoM wiping the zone and not a single drop.

So, either it was overlooked to activate the drops this year, or the drops have been left off the loot tables?
  4. svann Augur

In The Sathir Line, if you touch a wall (run into it, or back into it) you get tomb rot. Ive heard it also happens if you touch a coffin but I can only attest to the wall. Im pretty sure this is not intended.
  5. keviin101higuys Lorekeeper

the wall / random tomb rot has been in beta and day 1... i was told by others it was part of design.

Not sure what coffins are in Sathir Line event? unless we are doing the raid completely wrong
  6. Bigstomp Augur

Coffins, tables, sarcophagus's. Whatever the rectangle things are.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Tbh, I think that should be the default way for power sources too: Informative stat-descriptions, and a tiny stat bonus even from burned out power sources(its not exactly gamebreaking).

Now, if you could add that for the older power sources too... :)
  8. Ryak Augur

Thanks!

Expert Smithing (Create 1 Pale Platinum Mace using tradeskills. (Deliver 1))
    Journeyman through Expert Jewelcraft (Create 1 Velium Practice Earring using tradeskills. (Deliver 1))
    Expert Jewelcraft (Create 1 Palladium Practice Earring using tradeskills. (Deliver 1))
    and Create 1 Pear Cut Rubellite using tradeskills. (Deliver 1)

Those are the offending items that I specifically know about (so far... there could be more)
  9. Baldur Augur

10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Actually already completed :) (needs patch to go live) part of the reason I'm a bit meh about changing it :)
    added the link the ticket and created another ticket for the gems
    Jumbur likes this.
  11. Malbro Augur

The quest, On nobody's side, is broken at the step where you have to witness Lcea's negotiations with Scholar Gregoir.

You get to Ambassador Gruds and hail her and Lcea doesn't not show up.

Makes it impossible to get partisan of Scorched Woods done.
  12. Gialana Augur

If you are on the step "Witness Lcea's negotiations ..." it looks like you have to tell one or the other "ready" to get the negotiations to start.
  13. Malbro Augur

That's the trouble, I hail Gruds and get the update but Lcea never shows up and I do not get dialog to follow.

Saying "ready" does not do anything.
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Nourishing Growth Rk. III druid self buff is not counting down in the guild hall. To explain, this buff is placed on the druid when they cast the Nourishing Growth level 106 spell in order to prevent the druid from recasting it for a set period of time.

Since the buff prevents the druid from casting Nourishing Growth, we want it to count down in all circumstances.

Note the same problem existed with the previous version, the level 96 Nurturing Growth. It was fixed in Game Update Notes: July 13, 2016

Apparently, the person who fixed it then either didn't remember for this one or no longer works for Daybreak. Or some other reason or just human error (channeling HAL 9000 on the 50th anniversary of 2001: A Space Odyssey.).

The good news is that there is a wear off message.

Thank you.
  15. doah Augur

In suchun, the blood warden raid encounter there is an extra space between his dt message when it lands on the player.

The text looks like the following.
    Suchun, Blood Warden of Solusek begins to cast a spell. <Doom of the Blood Protector>
    A fire courses through your veins.

Should be
    Suchun, Blood Warden of Solusek begins to cast a spell. <Doom of the Blood Protector>
    A fire courses through your veins.

The extra space is between A and fire
  16. segap Augur

This seems to have gotten much worse. It used to rarely happen to me. It now happens every single time. It summons someone and kills them. It does not despawn when the clean up script kills all the drakes and camps the corpse of the unlucky one to have been summoned after the event has ended.
  17. Silverstone Journeyman

I posted this before, but I think it may have been ignored or bi-passed.

The Paladin discipline Blessed Guardian disc is taking 50 percent of my stamina per use at level 110. It is not taking from the "upkeep" cost, it is continually ticking away at the initial activation cost. Some of the other Paladin disciplines are doing the same thing also. Since this bug occurred, I have held up groups when I have to use these disciplines in order to tank, everyone is still full power/endurance and I am sitting to regen endurance back.
  18. Bigstomp Augur

Ofearl said:
    “High Arcron Iouln (spelling) group task Balance of Power spawning at end of event again, this task also shows Chardok as zone in the quest window.”

Not a scientific study, but I can confirm he does show up, and he feels more likely lately.
    The raid boss shouldn't appear in the group mission though (I hope)
  19. keviin101higuys Lorekeeper

Can confirm as well, reported it a few months ago.. the raid mob would pop in the group mission probably 1/6 times when i was farming it for coins..

now its almost 50% chance he spawns.
  20. Daktarr Lorekeeper

The Enchanter Glyph Spray AA states that you must be level 108 to get level 13 of 13. However, at 109, my enchanter is unable to purchase this last AA. Either the actually requirement is 110 and it is a typo, or it is not working.