[Phinigel] PoR Jewelcraft items not dropping and tradeskill trophy combines not working

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Baldur, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Baldur Augur

The velium practice recipes aren't combining, they are giving the out of era message. I'm sure all the practice recipes are as well, but not sure.

The uncut gems aren't dropping. Specifically the Uncut Rubellite is needed for the master test.

Also the PoR gems: Harmonagate, Prestidigitase and Staurolite aren't dropping.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  2. Thanriyon New Member

Yes, having the same problem with the combine on the velium practice recipe. Put a petition in, so hoping it will be fixed soon
  3. doah Augur

4. Ryak Augur

The expert smithing task is also impossible, by the way.

Crimson Nihilite isn't dropping.
  5. Catashe Augur

I doubt they'll fix it anytime soon.. they'd have to activate the old tasks if they are still around
  6. Nolrog Augur

Saw that the other day. I sent Ngreth a message about it, but he was out that day. Hopefully he will get a chance to look into it in time for April's patch.

Ngreth is incredibly responsive and understands the issues, desires and concerns of tradeskillers better than anyone.
    Darchias likes this.
  7. Ryak Augur

Yeah Ngreth is super responsive about tradeskill issues normally, so I have high hopes we won't get silence on this matter at least.
  8. Baldur Augur

9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I Could not reproduce this. I even went on Phinigel and found some. (and rare! 1 in 200 on the NPC I checked!)
    I'm looking at the rest currently, no answer for you yet.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

So in 2008 I totally forgot about progression servers... or something. I see that I made the bad changes.

here's the issue. They were changed to address issues with the balance between the different tradeskills. Some of the original (when the tasks were created) combines had very rare parts and/or difficult to acquire parts. So I made balance passes to get them about the same difficulty. Unfortunately, I didn't keep to PoR or earlier.

Here is the rub. There is a *fast fix*... restore it to the way it was (this fast fix may not be fast...) when it was first created. This will keep it within PoR combines, but the balance will be off. Or. I can do it correctly, finding era-appropriate combines, but I cannot fix it in time for the patch.

At this time we decided to fix it properly, but that means a fix will be delayed.
    Chatoyan, Darchias, Ryak and 5 others like this.
  11. Baldur Augur

As long as they are dropping I guess. It's just I've never seen one on the bazaar, or linked, no one in my guild has gotten one.

The only one I really care about is the Harmonagate. Some old comments on allakhazam seem to imply that it only drops in Theater of Blood, but the drop list is much more than that now. So if it's only dropping in ToB that could explain why I haven't seen one.

The discordant scoriae were around the same drop rate I thought and they were up on the bazaar the first day after Omens released. Just seemed like they weren't dropping.

Thanks for looking into everything.
  12. Silvara Elder

Ngreth it's so nice to see devs interacting with players more. Thank you. It means the world to us, even if the message isn't always a happy one.
    Ryak likes this.
  13. MaxTheLion Augur

I have yet to see one either. The only versions I have seen are the "shaped" non-tradeskill versions.
  14. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

I'd like to echo this as well. Even if we dont line the answer, though in this case we do, it's nice to hear from you guys.
  15. Catashe Augur

Only problem with that is people had to level to 70 so more people killing crap... PoR.. People did progression then AFK'd til TSS again so mobs just ain't dying in PoR... ;)
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I ran queries on them all and they all had no restrictions exspansion... Harmonogate is the one I actually checked, and yeah... I checked in Theatre of Blood (and it looks like most all mobs were in ToB)
  17. Punchis-themonk Elder

I have all the items for the JC and smithing combines and all steps completed for the task aside from the 1s that wont combine or have items that are not dropping. I'm sure others are in the same boat. Hopefully any fix applied won't lose all progress made on the trophy task.
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I'll try but I cannot guarantee that.
  19. Ryak Augur

I see that you like to live dangerously.
  20. Nolrog Augur

The way I understand how it works, is that if there is a change to the task itself, you have to get it again.