Poor geared players would be kicked in Coirnav ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Charlie Lai, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

I sure did!
  2. A_New_Cleric Journeyman

Not sure why you'd put your Facebook page on these posts. Seems fishy to me.
  3. Chuuk Augur

I personally haven't experienced a poorly geared player get kicked from a group...although my guy is only lvl 25.

However, I have run into a bunch of jagoff pug leaders though, so I wouldn't doubt it.
  4. Mirix Journeyman

This is the perfect server for a casual player. I have played on 3 different TLP's, and I have found to have the least amount of drama and hard core players yet.
    Even the ''hard-core'' WORLD DOMINATION guild hasn't even beaten the expansion yet.. which in other TLP's they would've been cleared long ago.
    So this should give you an analysis that even the ones trying to hard-core can't. :)
  5. ShivanAngel Augur

Theres a difference between "poorly geared" and "put zero effort into gearing their char",

If you are level 20, ahve a bunch of empty slots and are still using your starter weapon then yah I would probably tell you to find another group.

If you are 20, holding some fine steel that you bought, in an assortment of cloth, leather, and rawhide I would be understanding.
  6. Rhodz Augur

No problem with it, apparently the ones that were there thought he should go.
    A_New_Cleric likes this.
  7. A_New_Cleric Journeyman

That's true. What's the rest of the story?
  8. jiri_ Augur

I haven't seen this. I don't have a problem with it in principle, but I'd also say that those of us who do sort of know how things work have a responsibility to educate the people we play with when possible. That doesn't mean carrying a player who isn't capable of contributing to whatever content you're doing, but I'd hope that if you kick someone for being poorly geared you also include some more constructive feedback, i.e., you need to have better armor and Banded is cheap; you need a magic weapon, which you can get in this zone. Whatever.
  9. Nickatropolis Augur

There's a small percentage of potentially douchey players that may do this, but chances are slim.
  10. Piznut Angry Gnome

This.

I have seen several people in my grouping that are level 35-40 in Guk who are wearing starter robes and 2-3 pieces of crappy cloth armor with nothing else. It's painfully obvious that they were just carried in a bot group or something.

Sorry, but If I had to bust my butt doing quests and things for decent gear so I wouldn't be a detriment to the group, I don't think it's unreasonable for others to put some effort in.

But no, I don't typically boot people for "below average" gear, but I would boot them for unreasonably awful gear.
  11. Rhodz Augur

I dunno should I for some reason?
  12. A_New_Cleric Journeyman

There is always more than one reason. What was the gear they wore? Where did they go? What class were they? Did they say something or do something that was inappropriate? Was there any communication about the gear before the kick?
  13. FluttyMan Elder

No, you just met some .Luckily there aren't too many on Coirnav most people are super cool. ;)
  14. Exaaver Lorekeeper

I can see this happening very easily considering I am usually the only person I don't see without at least 3 items to make someone invincible
  15. Lortl Journeyman

I just grouped with a mage at level 49 that was wearing next to nothing. Just random drops from unrest, ToFS, Seb and Velks.. he was doing just fine. Definitely wouldn't kick a player for being gearless... However, if you want to play a tank and wear banded 50+ you're gonna have a bad time.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

Some classes definitely get away with it. A naked enchanter that is good beats a BIS enc that cant tash or charm. Mage pets are still hoss without much gear too.

But like you said, if a cleric or tank is going to have a bad time. I think the real problem is if the player sucks. Sucky player plus suck gear = look for a communist group because my groups are merit-based.
  17. Xeris Augur

I've left a group because of poorly geared players. Mostly though as a cleric in ldon raids and some tank in barbed ring mail was trying to do lvl 65 hard missions and couldnt tske a hit.
  18. malaki Augur

Dagger* is a perfectly valid weapon at all levels. There is some disturbingly elitist attitudes in this thread.
  19. Trizek Augur

Group or Raiding Guild?

Everquest is not WoW. We do have toxic people as all games do, however the right minded folks far out number them.

With that said, no, you won't get kicked for being "poorly geared" you will however get kicked for being poorly geared AND terrible at your class. I was in a group once where we had a Mage who would send his pet in at about the 60% mark, and cast no nukes. It was a miracle when he actually did cast a nuke, with this type of play style. We removed him from the group.

Raids on the other hand varies, it is honestly the same deal here tho. I have seen new members with terrible gear doing well on their class in raids. And members with good gear doing a piss poor job on their class.

All in all, the answer to your question, to me, is a big no. You won't get kicked for your gear.

You will however get kicked for your attitude and/or how you play your class.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  20. mattie diesel Journeyman

90% of times based through experience if you're faring quite well as your role your performance will override your gear in the presence of a group on a tlp. Krono does make the realm go round, though.