Nec/Sk Dot Revamps

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Nekk, Jan 12, 2018.

1. fransisco Augur

Aye.
    They could increase all necro dots by a factor of 10 and some necros would find a reason to be angry about it. There is no way for devs to make all necros happy with the scale of a change.
  2. Rizzin Elder

Experience tells me any change would work out worse than our current situations, so no thanks.
    Felicite likes this.
  3. Juzam Djinn Elder

Having Crit Dots come into play during the POP era and increasing resists modifiers on poison / disease dots would be a great help to TLP Necros & give us a chance to compete.

Taking time to gear , do AA's , acquire spells and learn your class takes time. That being said, the day you start raiding and most of your spells get resisted and others can do more with a fraction of the effort, makes for one big disappointment.
  4. Brohg Augur

3/6/18

another whiff.
  5. fransisco Augur

I Wonder if they are looking at them right now though. Patch notes mention spelling changes to the necro epic
  6. Mwapo Augur

Nope... Deathseeker =/= Deathwhisper.

They apparently misspelled something for the new expansion? I don't know much about that.

Necros won't see dot revamps until everyone is happy with druid and shaman revamps. Which will be never. So don't count on them ever happening.
  7. Fohpo Augur

They have mana adjustments in the test patch at least, but I agree with necro changes being seemingly a pipe dream at the moment.
  8. fransisco Augur

Bah my bad.
  9. Juzam Djinn Elder

At this point I would just forget about it. Its been 2 years as of this month. Probably better off having nothing changed. Maybe just a few QOL things.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  10. Siddar Augur

That's dumb because they will just have to tear every classes DoT changes up and start over again once they change necro DoTs.
  11. sojero One hit wonder

Why would they need to do that?
    kizant likes this.
  12. lefous Elder

dot revamp worse tink i ever see :(
  13. seber Augur

just me but be better just let dev rollback all revamp so druld and enc sham back stack dots maybe
    then maybe stop cry mana cost lol....
  14. Gnomeland Augur

No, the changes to enchanter, druid, beast, etc. spell lines were needed. They weren't well thought out in the beginning, but they were needed. You should never have spells that literally do 300 DPS base in today's game.

The issue is actually necromancers have too many spell lines. They need to be reduced, or combined. There's no way to balance the damage from 13 spell lines when they are all active. The amount of fast, group only spells in particular would not need to be so high, had necromancer base spells been more effective.

The average spell should do 20,000 DPS with standard ADPS, or about 120,000 damage every 6 seconds. With 7 lines, that's 140,000 DPS. You double or triple it for a burn, then factor in the rest from pets, direct damage, etc. to reach top DPS. It's not that hard, it just needs to be done.
  15. Vaeeldar Augur

The number of spell lines is absolutely the isuse. No way to fix necro in the group game without breaing the raid game in a dramatic fashion. That said a revamp needs to happen as necros are hitting absolute uselessness in the group game.
  16. Brohg Augur

I'm all about being brutal. Delete the extraneous lines - use the kludge they did to stamina-restores, make them req.lv 255

Getting a functional class is worth the upheaval.
    fransisco likes this.
  17. Zalamyr Augur

I do think a big revamp is almost necessary at this point. With that said, I feel like they can fix necros in groups without effecting raids all that much. There's a number of mostly group only knobs they can turn. Remove recasts on swifts, make swifts instant, unlink swift timers, increase swift damage, increase nuke damage, allow chaotic power procs to work on swifts (to go along with nuke damage increase), etc.
  18. seber Augur

if the neco dot revamps not go live end of ros I think I am done neco or maybe EQ so sad dev ..............
  19. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

All I can say is that I have no complaints about where we're at, not in the Solo, the Group, nor in the Raid Game. Granted, I have a significant gear advantage as a raider (especially having the TBM eyes), but when grouping among my friends In guild (Whom are very adept at their respective classes) I never feel at a disadvantage dps-wise, let alone worthless. I dunno, maybe the gap is just that big nowadays between raid/group players? I can't speak for anyone else's experience. But if any of you would like to shoot me a tell on Cazic perhaps I can help out a bit, I certainly don't mind answering any questions
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  20. Vaeeldar Augur

Ok this just doesn't make sense to me. Raid gear gives you a higher % of damage as a caster but no where near the impact of a melee. Whats worse is your grouped with melee dps that destroy group mobs quicker. You may not feel useless but mechanically there is no way you are doing comparable damage to the other dps classes in the group game unless you are running less than full groups. It's just a factor of mechanics.