19th Anniversary: Dreadspire Time Sink

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Poyzen Frawg, Mar 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Ngreth,
    I would suggest removing the Task NPC from the game long enough to fix the coding. I personally have used the full 6 hours twice and timed out. And an additional 2 hours before I gave up and guessed right. 14 hours wasted on content that went live broken. The content should be able to be completed by a group of ROS group geared people. And if a raid geared group clears the entire zone and still doesn't get the drops, I suggest increase the drop rate of the quest items. I suspect that some may be broken. Also there are some ground spawns that are popping in the walls.
    If you give people exploit suspensions for bonus rewards, you will likely create an even more untrusted customer base. I personally did use the guess method after wasting 14 hours on broken missions. Half my guild haven't even tried the anniversary content, because they don't trust DB after the recent bout of random account suspensions interfering with other guilds raiding content.
    If you want to continue to drive your customers away then I would suggest suspending every account that has ever gotten an anniversary quest bonus reward without completing the mission. Would it be any different than spawning named in missions at the half way mark. Then dropping mission to go again when the named did not spawn?
    You have posted here in this forum that it is considered an exploit to get the bonus without completing the mission. But the NPC is still up.
    Please de-spawn him, fix the content and put him back up. Then there will be no "exploit". But you may need to do that for the last 7 years of anniversary content also.
    Kurage
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  2. Sindaiann Augur

I find it humorous we are supposed to trust the coding of someone who can't use quoting correctly on the forums.

[IMG]
    CymrilBlade, Slippry and EnchFWO like this.
  3. Ninelder Augur

I have 18 hours and 4 zone clears of that mission but no achievement. So.... NO!

I would love to get the achievement, but after all the headache and clears and people falling asleep at the keyboard cause we can't figure out whats wrong, the thought of doing it again makes me sick. Not sure how long that will take to go away....

What a celebration!

If there were only some way to test this stuff to make sure it released all buggy and broken...
  4. Warpeace Augur

If there were only:(
  5. Nightops Augur

I'm willing to bet 99% of the people who have done this quest have skipped steps and not done the mission as intended.

By that, I mean, everyone who picked up the food from the tabled and turned in early to uncover the food clue (and thus identifying the murderer class) is skipping steps.

The easiest way to fix this would be to change the food clue to a guess and any incorrect turn in would cause a fail in the script to reward the berry paste.

The other way would be to make the food items on the table permanent images so they can not be picked up. Then the 8 class types around the table are random. The groups would then be forced into the actual content in order to find the clues in order to identify the murderer class.

In theory, a group could get lucky and identify the murderer in 2 clues and have their food item in one of those 2 rooms. The chances would be very slim
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and svann like this.
  6. Zaviere Augur

Rude and unnecessary, -2/10
    Lily and Brohg like this.
  7. Kolani Augur

If only there was a SERVER whose intent was to TEST content...

Seriously, you guys need to hire someone whose purpose is to think like a player if you want to catch stuff like this and cactus before it goes out. Ngreth said he ran it over 100 times...sure, in the manner that a dev would run it like he intended to be completed. The words "Eye of Zomm" probably never crossed his mind.
  8. Fishlips_Jones Journeyman

If this is true, then based upon DBG's past actions with analogous quests (Pub Crawl, for example), I can conclude that they are either irrational or incompetent.
  9. TheStugots Augur

But funny!
  10. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Yep, on last weekend I found out the quest drop can be IN the weapon racks. Was out of desperation when I destroyed them (all other mobs in the areas were dead) and was "Huh? wtf ... " when I really found one.

Thanks for fixing what is / was wrong and not intented.

When I first heard of the .. workaround to avoid the mass kills I expected this won't stay unnoticed and, as soon as it gets noticed, actions will be taken. I assumed those actions were already taken on Sunday when our server bounced during noon time and, after coming back, all Anniversary NPCs were gone. But this server bounce only affected AB (it's some kind of a habit for the server) and, some time later, the NPC's appeared, including the vampiric one for Dreadspire task.

As for the possible actions against the players: Ngreth's post should be considered as warning. People who do that ... workaround from now on should know they exploit a bug.
    This behavior was never treated well in the past. Even those who found and reported an exploit got punished, as hard as those without any intention to report it.
  11. AB_H'Sishi Augur

I have to admit, even after going full time on my first task run I never would have think for a way to cheat, using the ingame items I now have for almost 20 years.
    I'm either too old or not lazy / criminal enough to find ... creative ways .. around nasty stuff.

I had some ideas what could have been implemented to avoid skippings, beginning with accepting all foods and, if one or more wrong ones are given to the NPC, the berry paste is not handed out.
    Also, if a false impeachment is done, all NPCs around the table could went mad instead of only the guilty one.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The only difficulty change for this mission in this hotfix is the number of mobs.
  13. Kolani Augur

>I have to admit, even after going full time on my first task run I never would have think for a way to cheat, using the ingame items I now have for almost 20 years.

The first thing I do in a new instance or zone is use an eye or bind sight to look around for a bit and get a feel for mob placement and pathing. I noticed the food items where they were and had the proverbial light bulb appear over my head after completing it the first time and tested it the next time. I'm afraid that the problem nowdays is that the players can figure out mechanics and make pretty good guesses as to how the game works better than the developers.
  14. keviin101higuys Lorekeeper

So you saying they will Hire me?
  15. feeltheburn Augur

so ...the stein is still the same way you all gonna revisit that too? same nonsense isnt it?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

In the past when we have done beta testing with devs one of them (can't remember which there has been so many) gave us as part of our brief "try and break it as much as you can"
    EnchFWO likes this.
  17. GoneFission Augur

And set the flag to enable mercs?
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

OK, will take a look tomorrow or Friday.
  19. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I know several people in guild who refused to do this the "simple" way just because of Cactus Gate. Some of the other anni bonus's have been granted before quest completion, but to think a BiS aug for the whole group was intended to be given out for 2 minutes of work is deff pushing it. Just look at the last charm aug as an example, you have to complete the mission and it only gives 1 per run.

I agree the food step is a dead give away, we ran it early and missed the write up about looking at which food is associated with which class. We were still able to correctly guess the mob based on the clues we got from the mission though.
    adetia likes this.
  20. Warpeace Augur

You could also pre clear that before starting the NPC up to the end fight.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.