19th Anniversary: Dreadspire Time Sink

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Poyzen Frawg, Mar 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allayna Augur

Tell me at least the whole group gets the shiny new aug and not just 1 per chest...for the difficulty level.

Also... take another look at the faction hits.

And riposting weapon racks.
  2. Zaviere Augur

Yeah man, everyone gets the item to turn in to the bat in static Dreadspire to get the aug.

As soon as you log back in, we can tell you how to just get the aug in 5 minutes flat without killing more than one mob!
  3. Poyzen Frawg Augur

We completed this task and received something that we have no clue what to do with ......
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I ran the setup 100 times, literally. (I put a huge amount of debug text in the script) and 0 times was something on a wrong mob.
    Open the secret room in the library the same way you do in base dreadspire (except you don't need the key)
    Yeah. like I said. A copy. So all the same multipliers as well.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  5. svann Augur

6. Zaviere Augur

7. svann Augur

Not clear what you mean here. South door in the room we spawn into opens into passages we killed through. If I look at the southernmost area on the map there is a door that says Door to Bridges. But we could not click that.
  8. Zaviere Augur

LOL okay, lets try this again :p

Directly EAST of the room with the "Door to Bridges", is a small hallway with a couple bedrooms off of it. The northernmost part of that hallway should have a door that leads to the South Spire, which is a separate section of the zone that contains more mobs.

As for the Library wall, you want to go LEFT upon entering the area. To the RIGHT side of this section of the Library is a set of shelves with a pillar to the LEFT of it, separating it from the next set of shelves. Using the pillar as a vantage point, the approximate book you need to click to open the secret door is the 2nd book from the LEFT on the 2nd shelf from the BOTTOM. It may be the one on either side of it, but either way it's some book on that 2nd shelf for sure. Once done with the mobs past that door, the book to get back the way you came is actually the same spot, but from the perspective of facing the secret door wall as if you were looking for the first door again, if that makes sense. SPOILER ALERT: I'm really bad at explaining things with text, LOL.
  9. Cleaver Augur

A challenge is great but you just made the mission take hours upon hours for no other reason then to make it seem hard. Anyone actually find this mission fun ? isnt that supposed to be the goal ? You should go get a group on a live server with a 110 char in group gear and see how much "fun" this is instead of on your GM powers character.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Stormrider like this.
  10. Piemastaj Augur

Honestly, if they would have added a cool illusion or a similar Aug to the Bonus reward as a zone-wide random in this zone a good chunk of this complaining would have been removed. People would gladly farm it for the illusion and aug.

Instead they added a huge trash clear for minimal rewards based on time spent. Not even surprised.
  11. Bigfan Augur

Lol wtf are you on about, it's 1 1/2 hours for a geared group, I did with t2 geared tank.

All 6 get Aug if you pay attention to where you picked up the food item and the looted clues(use identify).

The Aug is replacement for the shimmering black Pearl, which you can just place in any other spot after you remove it.

Jeez
  12. segap Augur

Sort of like the 17th Anniversary group portion of Hate's Fury. Clear a zone and get useless currency. Never did spend any of that currency from all the clears to start the raid.
  13. Piemastaj Augur

Were you planning on responding to my point, or just trying to make an assumption that I struggled on this task?

Do you see a point in killing all of those mobs for 4 clues? Does this task make you in any way want to repeat it for others? Would my proposed idea make the task better?

Congrats for taking 1.5 hours to beat it. Most people are taking 5 minutes to get the aug and not killing a single trash mob. I think adding some extra stuff to the task to make people want to do it would be a lot better then people finding ways to avoid doing the task at all. In its current form, seems like a waste of player and developer time seeing as the players simply do not want to do it or can not.
    Vdidar likes this.
  14. Tevraii Journeyman

How can you do it without killing mobs to obtain drops, required to progress the quest? I would love to know the answer to this. I smell a wheelbarrow full.
  15. Intenso Augur

so the quest npc gives out item if you get the murderer and locatioin correct? so he knew the whole time who it was npc logic?
  16. Intenso Augur

17. Tamaden Elder

Can anyone list the room names? I am bit lost here
  18. Tamaden Elder

Getting really tiered of raid content guys, That's how we celebrate EQ now. GRATZ all of you raiders, 6 hours not enough to clear whole zone.........And don't even try to say you can tank 2-3 no problem in group gear that comes on every pull, because if you not pulling 2-3 you wont finish clearing whole zone. There might be well tuned group geared 6 players that always play together and can do it, i give you that. But for other 99.99% it's not going to happen, so i thank you again DB on job well done???
  19. Critts Augur

This mission takes about as long as camping a normal aug would, but you need a really good group make up with either a really well geared tank or two healers and some BA DPS to clear this. The way the mission is set up makes it next to impossible to figure out the killer on the first try (needed to get the reward) without a walkthrough. People will need to run this mission at least twice. I can say finding a group that is willing to do this twice will be a Waning Occurrence. I personally do not like the mission, but I will run it again if and when I can get the right group make up.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  20. Bigfan Augur

Pick up food in front of npc, hand in until update, say npc type, hail dude.
    I'm mad I spent time killing this whole zone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.