What happened to the potion belt ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Dart Lorekeeper

Not if you are out of the item (it will say not found or something similiar), or if you have more than 1 stack of the item. This point has been thoroughly discussed in the many potion belt threads, so it is a very real complaint.
    Angyy likes this.
  2. Dart Lorekeeper

Surprising... still crickets though a dev did a post in some thread stating "Next month some of the functionality will be added back".

So they realize they removed functionality, they aren't giving all of it back, still have not stated the reason for making the change to a VERY popular feature, and are back to next month fixing the "fix" from the previous patch, that didn't need to be fixed in the first place! So frigging stupid.
  3. Maraithi New Member

Heh, I've noticed this is their approach whenever one of their patches rolls out something that's been half-finished in a way to temporarily disadvantage the players (whether all of them like this one, or specific classes like the shaman/druid DoT nerf last month and subsequent cost reduction this month) - they don't communicate on it, at all.

Someone somewhere is working to some very strange community management guidelines :)
  4. Eanelder Augur

If I were a betting man, this is where I'd place my money. I have to admit I wasn't really concerned when I first read it was going away, and needed to be reminded about the additional functionality they provide.

Once it was on test, very unlikely it wasn't going to make it to live. Thankfully they seem to have realized the oversight and are looking to add some of the functionality back. Looking forward to next months patch notes.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Since we needed another thread on this...

Just a guess, it was probably "expensive" code wise to search your entire inventory all the time just for specifically potion enabled items so it was up to date with the number available.

Since they've said some functionality will return next month, perhaps it's less expensive code wise to search your inventory when it doesn't have to be specifically potion enabled items and it's tied just to hotbars? This is just a guess...
  6. YellowBelly Augur

Please put it back.
    Yinnie the Pink likes this.
  7. Masse The Butcher Journeyman

what genius thought this up? so now instead of having a small window with some of my most important clicks i have to clog up my UI with a full hotbar with a bunch of empty slots in it. REALLY GOOD THINKING!! why wasnt this made optional? why wasnt the option of a smaller hotbar made available? lets not make things more efficient lets just ruin something that worked for a decade. real productive way to spend your time guys, its not like there is any other pressing issues going on that needed to actually be fixed. bravo /applaud #disgustedpayingcustomer
    Metanis likes this.
  8. segap Augur

I value actually being able to see parts of the game rather than a bunch of buttons. The smaller potion bar was compact with reasonable sized icons. Yes, you can fold and shrink down a regular hot bar to fit in roughly the same space, but the icons will likewise be tiny and harder to quickly target and click.
  9. EnchFWO Augur

Another disadvantage of removing it is that if you had a custom potion belt mod you could use it in conjunction with a different/default hotbar piece. That is no longer possible unless there is some UI magic I am ignorant to (entirely possible).

Regardless, it seems counter intuitive to remove something that improved QOL without first having the "replacement" functionality added simultaneously. Why couldn't they have just waited till the next patch to remove and add to hotbars. /boggle
    Swiss likes this.
  10. Dart Lorekeeper

This is why I wonder, what the heck is the purpose of Test anyways? If you are going to make changes, and people do what they are supposed to (test and review), and give you feedback, which is NEVER taken into account, and the patch is pushed live...

Again, why have test at all if you always just push things through... If you want to prove it doesn't break the server, the in house beta server is more than capable of that.
  11. Aurastrider Augur

It would be nice if they gave us the option to adjust the number of buttons each hotbar displays. This would make the visual field much more appealing if we only wanted a limited number of items on a hotbar. Yes we can try to maneuver it so it is hidden behind say a chat screen and only have the boxes sticking out that we want to see but that requires us to place it in relation to something we can hide it behind.

A lot of us were patient enough for them to take care of the HA disaster earlier this year and they have at least stated they are going to add some functions from the PB to hotbars which might be a better all around change depending on what these changes are. Lets just ride it out and see what these changes are because they might actually be worth the change. A dev response about the changes in advance would be nice though so they could get some feedback before spending a months worth of coding on something that is just going to further irritate the player base.
    Daedly likes this.
  12. EnchFWO Augur

LOL
    Slippry likes this.
  13. bigpapa Augur

they don't even care , they do some dumb moves sometime and all is good for them o_O

when I cast or get a mod rod, it was easy to click it in the potion belt , now I need to open a bag to put in it, and we can't see how many item left on the clicky.

btw, is there a way to put a mod rod in a bag without having to open it?
  14. Kansan Cloudkicker Elder

/autoinv will put the mod rod in your bags, but only in the first available slot.

Agreed with all the above, please bring back the potion belt.

Thank you for fixing Arx Mentis though!
  15. Yinnie the Pink Elder

Best fix I've found is using a small bag (4 slots), locked to my UI with press esc to close disabled.

Sadly doesn't show how many charges I have on my mod rods or how many of a potion I have but, its more or less the right size and I can just drop mod rods etc into it and items will always be in the same slot for hot key bindings.

Just need to get into the habit of checking how many potions I have before I start my play session.

Also need to check the size of tradeskill containers, got a feeling some of those are 6 and 8 slots. 6 maybe better then I can have 2 stacks of a potion.
  16. Febb Augur

Whoever worked on this probably wasn't aware of the loss of functionality by getting rid of it and other more experienced devs probably didn't get wind of this until it was pushed live.

We need someone experienced with EQ micro managing the team. The amount of mistakes that have been happening for a while now is ridiculous. Mistakes cost company time and money in order to go back and fix these things and it upsets customers.
  17. Yinnie the Pink Elder

Then the devs need to start reading their own threads on test feedback, this was brought up multiple times first one over a week ago, they had a week to cancel this change.

What is the point of putting a patch on test if they don't read the feedback?
  18. Wolvie911 New Member

Seriously bring it back, this was a bad idea. Last damn thing I need is another damn hotbar.
  19. ~Mills~ Augur

Thats my biggest gripe. I can get past all the little differences I lost from the belt outside of it only being 5 small slots on my screen. I really don't want to have to rearrange my UI layout again to hide half the bar off my screen on multiple toons who have been setup differently for various reasons.
  20. Povarmonk Elder

i dont even know where to start with this but so say the least i want my damn potion belt back now!!!!!!!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.