What happened to the potion belt ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Zaviere Augur

Back in my day, I had to roll a cheap ball mouse uphill both ways just to click on potions from out-of-bag inventory slots!
  2. Nolrog Augur

Back in my day, I had to take the mouse ball out to scrape the crud from the rollers so it would move in th first place.
  3. keviin101higuys Lorekeeper

4. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

It's not really a patch note kind of statement. It would probably be more visible if they posted it in the massive thread about the potion belt though.
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I'm sure it will be in the test notes next month.
  6. Metanis Bad Company

I'll miss this a lot. As a cleric with no innate invis capability It was handy to have your invis potions on the potion belt. Then you placed the belt in a handy location on your UI to so you could click another potion when you saw your invis blinking. Sure I can click from a bag but now I need to always try and keep the potions organized in the same bag location. /sadface
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Just a guess, it was probably "expensive" code wise to search your entire inventory all the time just for specifically potion enabled items so it was up to date with the number available.

Since they've said some functionality will return next month, perhaps it's less expensive code wise to search your inventory when it doesn't have to be specifically potion enabled items and it's tied just to hotbars? This is just a guess...
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Personally I think it was part of the cover up of the Roswell Landings. Is that still a thing? That's a thing right? I think it's a thing.
    Fanra and Lilybeme like this.
  9. Madeni Elder

I dragged potions to Hotbar slots and use them the same way as the potion belt. Am I missing something?
  10. Metanis Bad Company

I just realized it screwed my Mage too. All those clicky DPS things like Firebound Orb used to sit quite nicely in the PB. /double sadface
  11. Metanis Bad Company

Works fine if you have a good memory what you put where.
  12. mewop New Member

Come on guys.. we all know it is going to be a new, exciting feature in near future. You just need 3000 DB points to unlock it.
  13. Maraithi New Member

1) Doesn't let you see the total number you have left
    2) Makes it harder to deal with these items in macros
    3) Forces you to use another hotbar fixed at 12 buttons rather than the smaller/more compact PB
  14. Sindaiann Augur

1978. You are older than I imagined you sounded irl

That doesn't sound right...
  15. Tevraii Journeyman

Russians are behind this, I just know it.
    Metanis and Nolrog like this.
  16. Warpeace Augur

Points 1 and 2 cant argue with at all, however point 3....

Learn how to fold a hot bar in half?
    Doing this made it almost the exact same size as the potion belt was. You can also adjust their size % wise so you can make is bigger or smaller. Yes your stuck with 12 buttons.
  17. Maraithi New Member

I play on a really small screened laptop right now, so I *can* do this, but it's nevertheless much harder to use and hit the smaller buttons accurately. (I actually got around this by just shoving half the hotbar off the screen, in the end). It's still a reduction in functionality that they implemented because they couldn't be bothered to get the replacement functionality into the hotbars in time for this patch.
  18. Madeni Elder

Thanks for the reply, I too liked the potion belt for it's compact size and potion count but I put them on a new hotbar and it shows the count there as well.
  19. Maraithi New Member

It only shows the count of the current stack, not all stacks of that potion type that you have in your inventory.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  20. eqzekisdead Augur

Using Murky Vial potions in duels just became way harder.