Live Update Bugs 02/21/18

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Feb 21, 2018.

1. svann Augur

Wrong proc resist on Jeweled Hoarded Blood Orchid Katana
    When hoarded blood orchid katana is upgraded to raid quality the proc gets a downgrade from chromatic which is great, to disease which gets resisted a lot on some mobs.

Strike of the Blood Orchid = chromatic
    Focused Strike of the Blood Orchid = disease

edit:https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-2010
  2. Tutankamen Augur

Is this still being looked at? I didn't see it in the patch notes.... thanks
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

For some reason, my patch note didn't make it, but yes. This is the note I intended:
    Fixed the NPC files linked to Elemental Minion, Elemental Minion III, and Elemental Minion V; spells used on some items that proc swarm pets.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

-Recipes for Golden Idols and alchemy Distillates now require Shadows of Luclin to be unlocked.

This is correct for Golden Idols, however Distillates shouldn't be available until Dragons of Norrath.

Allowing them to be accessed in Luclin helps further trivialize aspects of the game. For example everyone having access to the Distillate HoT potions in PoP meant every person on your raid was able to click a potion with a 600 HoT for 24-30sec every 120 seconds. For reference, this amount of healing is equivalent to the shaman and Cleric HoT spells in PoP. This makes certain AE-heavy encounters like Quarm or Bertox extremely trivial to faceroll through.

I'd suggest upping the expansion requirement to create distillates until DoN when they were originally launched.

A+ on golden idols though.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Thi
    This was a fast band-aide fix because there is time to fix it for Agnarr/Coirnav.

I want to do research and be sure that some alchemy is available, and if these distillates "replaced" some items, that they are available when reasonable. I don't want to count on vague memories of things done 13 years ago.
    Some of the low-level distillates would have near zero impact. (1 HP per tick regen is not going to make anyone overpowered in Luclin) I definitely see how some of the higher ones introduced in DoN would cause an issue, as you specified. I'm not done :)

I was simply too busy at the time to do all of the detailed research necessary to do a job that respects Alchemy.
    Jenarie likes this.
  6. Coirnav Augur

What is the point of gimping Pottery in classic exactly? Those Golden Idols are useless to players in Luclin, and I mean utterly useless. There is zero incentive for anyone to level pottery now until the PoP Earring quest.
  7. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Golden Idols are used in Solstice Earring. They are not useless, at all.

They are great casual/group options for players around level 20-50. With solid stats in the range slot until you can get something better.

@Ngreth, sounds good! I believe most of the "classic" alchemy potions already exist on TLPs. Not exactly in the original 1-5-10 dose form but in a more function 10-stack form. Blood of the Wolf, Philter of Unlife, Ant Legs, Wort Potions, Null and other Resists, etc. The tradeskill still has one of the largest appeals for a reliable way to generate platinum if that's your goal. As most other tradeskills create items that are unlimited use and don't need to be continually refilled.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I figured also if a distillate is basically the same as one of those, I'll likely have it available as an "alternate." If, instead, it's "overpowered" it'll move to a later expansion (latest DoN)
  9. Absor Developer

Can't have it both ways. It can't be useless and something that you are so mad that you can't make anymore.

A
    Bobbybick likes this.
  10. Jenarie Elder

Absor, obviously they are extremely useful NOW he said they aren't useful in Luclin. I would argue that they are still somewhat useful then but no one will be super excited about it. That said, I do think fixing things is a good idea. Although Luclin seems a bit harsh, Velious would have been nicer so people could get at least some use out of the things before they turn into nothing but pieces of the solstice earring.

Coirnav, pottery isn't useless. People still need steins and there are a few other minor items. It isn't going to be the huge krono farm it was previously but at the very least you get free Thurg gate potions out of it!

Ngreth, thanks for taking the time to really look into Alchemy. That's something that would be easy to break without the proper attention. Made my heart warm a little when you said you were giving it the respect it deserved.
    Prathun likes this.
  11. Coirnav Augur

Could you re-read my post please? You seem to have misunderstood.
  12. Angahran Augur

13. slayerofbats Augur

Where do I go to see about the guild hall missing?
  14. Goodn Augur

Ignore...someone resurrected an old thread and I guess it was too early in the morning to read.