Everquest Services

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drake07, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Drake07 New Member

So, in-game, there are several services that are provided to players

- Name Change
    - Race Change
    - Gender Change
    - Character Transfers (although down, IIRC)
    - Pet/Familiar Name Changes

Will there ever be a class change service? I would do back flips if this were possible. I really...really do not want to have to start up from lvl 1. I have a character that I did enjoy, but it just collects dust now, rotting in the spinning world that is the character select screen.
  2. Aanuvane Augur

I think that's kind of what the heroic character concept is - you go straight to 85 and then get to spend a little time learning the class as you level 85+?
  3. Drake07 New Member

That assumes you play on servers with that feature. Plus, I wouldn't want to go from 85-110 or whatever it is now, in your scenario. Just a straight up transition. If any gear is lost/unwearable because of class difference, so be it. 85 Bard -> 85 Wizard, or other example.

All AA earned would go to banked. SO, 200AA spent = 200AA banked, that must be spent before zoning or something.

If class change requires a race change, then that fee would be tacked onto the service.
  4. svann Augur

My magic 8-ball says
    doubtful
  5. Drake07 New Member

Most likely true, Svann. But, you never know. I would totally pay for this and I can think of several others who would as well.

Plus, DBG has no issue coming out with another pointless TLP server as a means to generate income or whatever rationale that deemed it a good idea.

I guarantee this would be a good idea and a money maker. You know how many people I've known over the years who switch mains and complain about having to start over. Or, just quit because it's not worth it?
  6. Aurastrider Augur

One of the major flaws I can see in this is the conspiracy theory folks who think DBG is out to get them. I changed from class x to class y because class y was uber and everyone is doing it. Now class y just got nerfed into the dirt forcing people to do another class change. Those dirt bags are just after a quick buck and that's all this is. Again not my thoughts but an example of the outcries that will surely come when someone changes to a class and they get nerfed eventually.
  7. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

And what if I have more aa spent than the other class i want has available?

Decent idea but it wont come to life.
  8. Zamiam Augur

I would be ok with this idea, however I feel it should have a 2-1 aa ratio so if said toon has 15k aa's when they use the change class token that char class would now only have 7 to 10k aa's of that specific char class..
  9. Mezz Lorekeeper

I would hate to play with a character that changed classes at 110. Next to no gear, and no knowledge of class.
    Liljit likes this.
  10. AnzoRagespirit Augur

If this were an option all the whimpy kiddy baby whiner shm and dru would all become extinct.
  11. Funk Augur

Can call it "FOTM Potion" Because lets be honest, that's all you want this for is to be able to change an alt to the flavor of the month. Not to main change.
  12. IblisTheMage Augur

I think it would cost more business than it created for DB.
  13. Fohpo Augur

[IMG]
    Geroblue likes this.
  14. Sagarmatha Augur

It will never, ever, ever, ever, EVER, ever, ever, ever, ever happen.
  15. Nolrog Augur

Class changes would create an incredible nightmare. I class change from mage to warrior. What happens to all my gear? Almost nothing I have would be usable on a warrior. But I have raid gear on my mage that dropped where I turned in the one piece that everyone gets for my class specific armor, so why can't I have that same piece for a warrior? I earned it and paid DKP for it.

How about my spells? Do I have to buy the Warrior discs now or is there some mapping? I have rank III spells, shouldn't I get the equivalent rank III disciplines?

How about my AAs? I spent the time getting 9500 AAs on my mage. Do I automatically get 9500 to spend on the warrior? Or are you going to wipe them and make me start over?

Logistical nightmare!!!
  16. Drake07 New Member

Whoa..haha, didn't know i could cause this much of a discussion. Yes!

Tho whole point of this is "hey, if you want to change classes that's cool, but it may not be apples to apples"

I personally wouldn't care if I was "naked" after the transfer. Or if I lost skill. Getting gear and stuff is easy. Leveling is so ungodly boring that it would be worth it to me to make that sacrifice. The only two things I care about are lvl and AA. Maybe trade skills..but everything else..meh.

This has nothing to do with thinking classes are overpowered or anything like that. I just have an enchanter that I liked at the time, but I loathe now. I really do not want to start from level 1, so I just thought since there is every other service but class, I thought "maybe". So no, I do not think DGB is out to get me.People who rant and rave about Over/under power have too much time on their hands. Who cares if you like the class regardless. To have pixel bragging rights? meh

If AA spent is greater than available, then the char is maxed out. I don't see the point in having remaining banked if you truly want a new class and not flip flopping.For the next expansion? meh. Who cares.Run speed 477 vs 479 is probably adequate.

This game is like, super old. I feel all have played each class type at least once. If not, the argument of learning it seems moot. Then don't buy a class change? I feel like there's no class that can't be learned in a matter of a few hours. Plus, its not like DBG markets EQ to non-EQ players. Everyone playing has never stopped or has played, so wooptie doo.

All of this assumes its easy to code. I can't imagine its any more difficult than a race change, assuming the ruleset is as I described and not tailored to give armor sets, etc. Just a char at the level.
  17. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

And can't you still delete the heroic character and create another in that slot of a different class (for no additional cost)? Which handles all the AA issues etc.

Aren't heroic characters supposed to allow you to recreate a different class any time you want? Thus this is already available in game.
  18. Zamiam Augur

well if your toon was say lvl 100 deleting him and rerolling another class would drop him back down to 85 and loose all aa's you had earned ..
    believe the OP wanted to take his lvl (for example, 105 lvl druid with 20k aa's ) and class change to mage and still be lvl 105 and still have all 20k aa's but as mage..

also Note: you can only delete and recreate Heroic toons that you have purchased any of the free Heroic ones (when they first came out) you can not delete and recreate..
    Drake07 and MasterMagnus like this.
  19. Drake07 New Member

Yes! exactly.Zamiam gets it.

The heroic character is cool and all...but that assumes your server has the ability to use heroic characters.Or in other words....not all servers have heroic characters.
  20. Febb Augur

[IMG]
    Treeluvr likes this.